PDA

View Full Version : Wet Sounds my threesome

JKizerb
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I decided to go with the pro 60 instead of the the 80s on the three some. The clarity and the projection they demonstrated is what made me switch, and to save 2 inches on head room. Saved about $200, which paid for the install. I also added a second interstate battery and a perko switch. I already had a JBL amp in the boat and powers them great! Enjoy, i will be

ps.. the last photo is of the old set up.

viking
04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
I like the yellow tower!

wetsounds1
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Awesome. looks great. welcome to the family

Tim
Wet Sounds

KG's Supra24
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Looks good ... man i like those 485's.

EarmarkMarine
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Jeremy,
Thanks. We really appreciate it.
When you pick up the boat ask them to possibly kick out the Pro60s one notch to the outside to give you a little wider dispersion outside the wake. This also serves to soften the sound a bit in the middle so they don't collectively "beam". Its kind of a judgement call (yours) as long as fanning out the tower speakers a touch isn't an asthetic distraction for you. Good call on the collar upgrade on the Pro60s so they match the Pro485 and allow for the swivel.
Its really tough to beat that tower set-up.
Nice colors. The local Supra/Moomba dealer has always had a knack for great color contrast and packaging.

David
Earmark Marine

JKizerb
04-18-2011, 08:54 PM
So every thing sounds better than ever on the water. But wouldn't you know there had to be one down fall. The 485 keeps me from opening my bimini top now. It will open and "kinda" attach to the clips, but no where safe to being able to drive with it open. Missed it by this much! Really only like 2 1/2".

I am most likely going to look for a way to "trim" down the rear poles and re-attach them to the mounting brackets. Looks like another DIY.

JKizerb
04-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Jeremy,
Thanks. We really appreciate it.
When you pick up the boat ask them to possibly kick out the Pro60s one notch to the outside to give you a little wider dispersion outside the wake. This also serves to soften the sound a bit in the middle so they don't collectively "beam". Its kind of a judgement call (yours) as long as fanning out the tower speakers a touch isn't an asthetic distraction for you. Good call on the collar upgrade on the Pro60s so they match the Pro485 and allow for the swivel.
Its really tough to beat that tower set-up.
Nice colors. The local Supra/Moomba dealer has always had a knack for great color contrast and packaging.

David
Earmark Marine
David how exactly do the Pro 60 wet sounds ss brackets swivel? Do I have to pull the two screws out by hand to turn them?

mmandley
04-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Good looking setup man. I have herd that setup with the 80s i think on a couple boats and its pretty sweet sounding.

EarmarkMarine
04-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Jeremy,
Yes, two allen set screws per collar and these will release for fine angle adjustments. It really doesn't take much of a fractional change to provide wider dispersion and a more even horizontal distribution of the highs. It also serves to remove some of the highs out and away from the rear interior occupants.

David
Earmark Marine