PDA

View Full Version : Help on Heater Install

Matt Glenn
04-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Does any one have a heater on a 06 and above and could take a pic of were your line screws into the manifold/ eng to bring the hot water to the heater core.

Thanks guys

ian ashton
04-11-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't know what that means or looks like, but you are welcome to come check out my boat in Royal Oak.

jmvotto
04-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Matt did you check out al's thread it's pretty detailed. If you bought the wye fitting then the intake is slightly different.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10840&highlight=Heater+install

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-11-2011, 09:48 PM
i second that al's was so informative...my 08 was slightly different though. on the head of my engine i had what i believe is my water temp senor with small wire and connector that snaps on the sensor so i pulled the fitting screw out the sensor then instead of using and 90 degree elbow i used a street t so i could put the sensor and wire on top of t and the side i came out with my other fittings and valves. if this doesn't help out you i'll try to snap some pics and load em up on here tomorrow evening

Matt Glenn
04-11-2011, 10:12 PM
If any one has some pic's . Yes I have the Y , but that is for the return water to eng. I'm looking at were to pipe in to get the water. all the pics on the forum of a v drive I have a outback 06 which has a different set up.

Ian so you have heater that can with it?

jmvotto
04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Sorry did not realize you had a dd...

deerfield
04-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Does any one have a heater on a 06 and above and could take a pic of were your line screws into the manifold/ eng to bring the hot water to the heater core.

Thanks guys

Matt - I have an '07 Outback DD with factory installed heater. Give me a list of the pics you want and I will post them on this thread. - Deerfield

Matt Glenn
04-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks bro, If you could take a shot of front of eng. were the line ties in that goes to the heater. If you don't know take one above eng and one side view on drivers side it should be there. Can you also take a pic of heater unit and were they pull the lines out of the floor to attach to them. One last thing if you have heater moomba switch can you see the pattern of colors that plug in to the back. Thanks for all the help

deerfield
04-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Matt - Two sets of pics. First, the switch control for off, low, medium, and high fan speed. Also a pic of the heater box which is located up under the front dash. And, because I can't get more than five pics on a post, the engine. Next......

deerfield
04-13-2011, 10:35 PM
...water lines to and from the heater core, which sits up under the dash behind carpet. One line connects to the driver side of the engine block. Line pumping hot water to the heater core? The other line connects to the water pump. The return? I can't get a picture of the heater box itself or where the lines to/from the engine connect to the heater core. Just not accessible. The last pic is a close up of the passenger side of the engine.

I will leave the motor box off for tomorrow in the event you need a follow up pic of anything. Hope this helps.

Matt Glenn
04-13-2011, 10:40 PM
thanks alot for the pics . did this come factory instaled?

deerfield
04-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Matt - It came installed. Frankly, it could have been done by the dealer. I don't really know. It was an option I ordered. When i picked up the boat in April from the dealer, it was there. Great option. - Deerfield

Matt Glenn
04-13-2011, 10:50 PM
thanks for help , the reason I ask is that moomba has a stock heater switch for heaters , which I have and I'm going to try to use instead of mounting the heater craft switch. However have no idea were wires are going no directions for switch. I guess I will just play with it

deerfield
04-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Matt - I will take pictures of the wire path, from switch to behind dash and heater box. That might help you some. Won't be tonight, as it's time for lights out. If I can, I will take pics between work and swim practice tomorrow night. - Deerfield