PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Ronix board help

Hawkdriver
04-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm in serious need of a new board. The local shop only sells Ronix and I really want to support them. I am riding a friends Hyperlite Project 142 right now that I really like, and spent time riding a CWB Faze that I didn't like. I would like to stay away fr the "Vault" beginner board. I have also heard that the "ONE" is pretty forgiving even if your not an advanced rider. The new "Phoenix Project" looks good on paper too. Anyway, I'm open to any suggestions from your Ronix board riding experience. Thanks

Jeff

babutle
04-10-2011, 02:08 PM
If you like the parks hyperlite board you may want to give his new board the ibex a try. I ride an ibex and love it. Best advise is to demo the boardsyou are interested in and get a feel for which one is best for you.

kaneboats
04-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Your local shop might only stock Ronix but they should be able to order you anything you want. Ask them for their catalogs.

KG's Supra24
04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
They should let you demo the boards they have in stock.

I'd try the ibex, one and pheonix project.

Obviously the one is "the one". But the others are worth giving a shot. I hope to be on a pheonix project this time next year. Going to give it a summer to see what everyone thinks and see how the reviews go.

Hawkdriver
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I'm still leaning toward the "Phoenix Project" right now. I think the "ONE" might not be forgiving enough and to inconsistant for my skill level.

Babutle - Would you consider the new "IBEX" a forgiving board. They say it's the least aggressive board Parks has ever designed? What were you riding before?

bhowell
04-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I'm still leaning toward the "Phoenix Project" right now. I think the "ONE" might not be forgiving enough and to inconsistant for my skill level.

Babutle - Would you consider the new "IBEX" a forgiving board. They say it's the least aggressive board Parks has ever designed? What were you riding before?

I got the Ronix Bill for Christmas and have rode it a couple of times now and I feel that its a pretty forgiving board. Its definitely an upgrade from the 06 Hyperlite 3DS I was riding especially in weight.

brain_rinse
04-11-2011, 04:37 PM
The One and the Ibex are not forgiving boards at all IMO. Great boards if you like aggressive 3 stage boards though.

Hawkdriver
04-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks for everyones input. I am probably going to go with the "Phoenix Project" and white ONE bindings or black Cells depending on how they fit/feel. Not the best looking board of the bunch, but it won't matter much If I have a badass board I can't ride.

E4NASH
04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I have the Ronix District. I can't say much about it though I'm still a newb.

KG's Supra24
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks for everyones input. I am probably going to go with the "Phoenix Project" and white ONE bindings or black Cells depending on how they fit/feel. Not the best looking board of the bunch, but it won't matter much If I have a badass board I can't ride.

Oh man, i disagree. I think the phoenix is a good looking board. Should look sweet in the water with the sun beaming down on it.

Keep us updated on how you like the board since it is new this year. I am really leaning towards that board for next year.

squeeg333
04-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I look like I'm on an island here, but the Mana is a killer ride. Super smooth, reacts when you want, and doesn't when you don't want. I think it's a pretty forgiving board too. I came from the Hyperlite Parks board the past 5 years or so, and love the move. I IBEX is a solid ride as well.

brain_rinse
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I agree, the Mana is a fantastic board.

Hawkdriver
04-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Some great insight from you guys, I really appreciate it. I'm going to go pick out a board and bindings Thursday. I'm still thinking "Phoenix" but who knows what I'll actually walk out with. Sometimes the way things look overshadow the logical decisions with me.

squeeg333
04-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I'd highly suggest demo-ing a few of your favorites before you drop $300+ on a board, and another $250+ on bondings. You will be better of for doing that!! Guaranteed.

04-13-2011, 07:53 PM
The One or Cell bidnings are both top notch, super light and very compfortable and supportive. I have both but am riding the 2011 One's this year. You will love them.

For boards if you want forgiving, the Ibex is not the board for you. Its a very abrupt 3 stage. I'd also stay clear of the One. The Viva is a continuous rocker so it is more forgiving but it's a very fast board. Your best options would probably be the Bill, Mana or Phoenix Project (what i would buy if I didn't have a new Watson Hybrid with 3 rides on it sitting in the garage).

Have fun. All of the Ronix line is sweet for 2011.

Hawkdriver
04-13-2011, 11:52 PM
I would love to Demo all of the Ronix boards, but it's not an option here this early in the season. I'm not in a position to wait because the board I'm riding is falling apart, not to mention my feet are torn up form the bindings. Otherwise I completely agree that you can't beat hands on experience. With that said, I had decided on the "Phoenix" but just read that it was an extremely loose board, posted by someone who rides finless. I like a more locked in feel unless I'm trying to do a butter slide or surface spins. Sucks not being able to Demo. decisions decisions

Hawkdriver
04-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Here is our new new Ronix set up's. I'm stoked to try it out on Saturday. I just hope I can actually ride it. The wife rode her's last week and loved it. The shop said I could swap it for another board if I don't like it. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for the help.