PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

Hydrofoiljunky
04-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey guys, havn’t got to put the boat in yet this season, it snowed about 4 inches yesterday It’s gonna warm up, it has to right?  . Anyhoo, onto my question, I put a new battery in yesterday had everything turn on, blower works, bilge, wakeplate was moving up and down, gauges lit up, everything checked out until I clicked the stereo on. I had no sound whatsoever. What is weird is that I did not mess with anything over the winter on the stereo, moved no wires, unplugged nothing but the battery. At the end of the season, everything was running great. In short, I’m running two Kicker amps, and a WS420 equalizer. I did however try to troubleshoot it a little bit and hooked the headunit directly to the tower speaker amp, Got Sound, did the same thing on the other amp, and had sound, so am I safe to rule the amps out? I’m pretty much thinkin g it’s got to be the WS420 but wanted to get some advice before I started ripping everything out out of frustration LOL
I do have power on the WS Equalizer just no sound at all when running through it??? Oh, also I tried resetting the Headunit, different rca’s as well but that didn’t do anything. Any ideas what to try next? And No, I’m not taking it to any local stereo guy. When I asked them if they could get me a WS420 in, They looked at my crazy eyed? What’s that? Now I don’t know a lot about stereo’s but I know enough not to take it to these guys 
I’m using the, Kicker zx 700.5 for inboat and sub , zx 550.2 for the tower, The headunit is the stock Kenwood model for year 08’ ending in 238 if I remember right? Anyone else have a problem like this when they went to turn there stereo back on after pulling the battery? Thanks crew.

viking
04-09-2011, 06:22 PM
does your boat have a circuit breaker for the stereo?

rdlangston13
04-09-2011, 07:32 PM
are the lights on the WS420 coming on?

get some RCA female couplers and by pass the WS420 all together and see if you get sound.

if the lights on the WS420 are not coming, check the power and ground for the WS420.

if they are coming on and you still get no sound when bypassing i would say it is a faulty WS420.

Hydrofoiljunky
04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
does your boat have a circuit breaker for the stereo?

Viking, are you talking about that breaker that is in the battery storage area that flips down? I did check and reset that a few times. Is there another one?

Langston, I do have lights(Blue/Red) on the WS. I also can hear, not a hiss but that all the speakers are on just no sound. I guess that would be a Hiss :-) This is Weird? This WS is One season old, no probs. I guess it could light up and have something internally wrong I just have a hard time buying that?

rdlangston13
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Viking, are you talking about that breaker that is in the battery storage area that flips down? I did check and reset that a few times. Is there another one?

Langston, I do have lights(Blue/Red) on the WS. I also can hear, not a hiss but that all the speakers are on just no sound. I guess that would be a Hiss :-) This is Weird? This WS is One season old, no probs. I guess it could light up and have something internally wrong I just have a hard time buying that?

well i would find some RC couplers and jump the RCAs from the deck to the amp at the WS420. if you get sound then that checks out all of your wiring and the WS420 will be the cause.

Hydrofoiljunky
04-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Gotcha, will try that next time I'm near the money pit. Thanks

well i would find some RC couplers and jump the RCAs from the deck to the amp at the WS420. if you get sound then that checks out all of your wiring and the WS420 will be the cause.