PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Prayer Group

Pages : [1] 2

Sea N' Things
04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Question for you all??? I think we have a lot of Christian guys here, lets start a threat where we can take prayer requests. Guys praying for guys, where two or more is gathered the spirit of the Lord is. Why not where we all love to connect, Right here!!

Sea N' Things
04-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Thank you Ed, I know there are alot more of us here :) I will start off by saying I will be praying for a quick recovery for your back. I don't know all the deatils but just know that I will be in pary for pain relief and a speedy recovery process. My prayers will also be of blessings for your family!

FYI, off the wall stuff is good, it just keeps us real as who we are :)

Can we get like praying hands to add to our expression list or icons?

Sea N' Things
04-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Picking up what your laying down, Gotcha ;)

rdlangston13
04-09-2011, 01:18 PM
I will be down for participation.

wolfeman131
04-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm in. I won't force my views on anyone, but will support those that ask as I can.

moombahighrider
04-10-2011, 01:43 AM
This is a great idea. I am in. Thanks for bringing it up!

mmandley
04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I pray for each of you each time i do pray, i pray your families stay safe in the society we live in, i pray for you and your friends to be safe when boating, and i also pray that this season will be better then the last.

Lastly i pray for those who i cannot change, pray for those who i do change, and lastly pray for those who i wish could change.

Peace
Mike

TL7
04-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm in as well.

I do think censoring those who oppose sends the wrong message though. Unless it's a personal attack aimed at an individual, they have every right to be heard as we do. Just my .02.

Razzman
04-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that this thread HAS and will promote some negative comments.

A request has been given to the moderators to remove such posts if they occur on this thread.

I must applaud those that have come forward - on a very public forum -to do or say what YOU think is right, no matter who may make fun of you or who may disagree with your beliefs.

Your the future leaders here - the propellants that can make positive changes in life for others.

Men with courage and conviction.

To put it bluntly - you guys got balls!

So i'm going to comment on a few things here, flame me if you want, i could care less but your being biased here Ed.

The comments have nothing to do with the subject matter or content, but with the methodology.

Point 1, To me religion on a public forum not devoted to it is like politics, stirs up issues. If you want the thread then you deal with all of it. Can't take the heat then get outta the kitchen.

Point 2, You remove negative posts in this thread then you have to do it throughout the whole forum, you can't discriminate JUST because it's religion and somebody might get butthurt (see point 1).

Point 3, Would you want an Atheism thread? Probably not, but it's the same thing, peoples beliefs and views and this is a PUBLIC forum. That's life, live with it. If people can't deal with the negative then pull the thread (see point 1).

skiyaker
04-10-2011, 11:30 AM
personal attacks have no place on a boating forum- boating is about having fun and for some it's about fellowship as well

I think it's a great idea to have a prayer group- those who want to be involved can post here. Those who want to keep their posts about oil filters and props can avoid the prayer thread and post elsewhere.

Sea N' Things
04-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I would like to ask for prayer for my pastor and his family as he lost his dad a couple of days ago very suddenly and unexpected. My pastor's name is Jamie, thank you so much guys.

Ian Brantford
04-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I agree with Razzman. Even suggesting this topic has led to repeated need for intervention by the moderators. One can ignore a flash-in-the-pan thread that is off-topic for a forum. A prayer group won't go that way. Perhaps starting up a support group (where only positive replies are allowed) for a political party would also be welcome and easily ignored by those who do not agree, but I doubt it.

The point is that this forum is for Moomba boats and that is why people came here. There is no lack of venue elsewhere for prayer. Adding an active subgroup for it will create an environment where members will feel that they aren't welcome unless they also subscribe to some unrelated beliefs.

Some forums have dealt with the issue by creating a special section (usually near the bottom of the ordered list) for off-topic discussions. It makes it easier for the disinterested to overlook the content because only those who subscribe to specific threads will have the content pushed to the top of the list. The moderators tend to more more permissive to those sections, unless it degrades into personal attacks.

Razzman
04-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Done. I'll bet Jamie's on todays hit list

Don't let Razz bug you. He's just being Razz.

No matter what thread I get involved in, he's gonna respond telling me how wrong I am.

It's kinda like having a little sister follow you around.

It's all good.

Yup your right ... wrong again. I have no desire to follow you around and I only directed this at your statement, nobody else's. Wrong is wrong, what can i say, I'd do it to anybody but your the only one that does it.

DOCDRS
04-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I think this should be moved to the families section. Although I am not a regular church goer and do not believe that a god is responsible for anything, I do believe people have a right to choose whatever they wish to believe in regardless of how I feel and as long as it is not forced or preached on me.
I am all for wishes, thoughts, communion, prayers as just like a raffled t-shirt, anything thats free is all good.
I do not think this should be in the general forum at the top of the forum as this is a boating forum. Nor should it ever be a sticky.

I actually find humour in this thread and if left where it is I can see it getting silly for stupid prayers and incite remarks as we have seen and worse. I have a few I have been thinking of as I want to be a part too.

Please pray for my ticket in tonight's lotto.
please pray for sisters brother knee which is sore from snowskiing and wants it better for waterskiing season.
Please pray for my wifes sisters mother who has early alzheimers and is being taken advantage of by her sisters.
etc

rdlangston13
04-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I don't pray nearly as often as I should I don't have an excuse for it at all. Just straight laziness on my part.

I think this thread will help me with that, if I see things on here that my peers need prayer for it will remind me to pray and give thanks for what I have as well as send their request up! I am really looking forward to this board.

Sea N' Things
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Well this thread was created as another way to communicate and provide support for fellow Moomba owners and family members. Just because support is in the form of prayer, it becomes a scary monster, it shouldn’t be that much different than supporting someone change an oil filter for instance. Prayer for those that practice or don’t practice can be very encouraged during difficult times. I also believe that we are somewhat mature enough not to post a lotto prayer request. :)

This was not intended to be a place of religious debate, although I am sure there will be moments, but rather a place that fellow Moomba owners can come together as a community to help one another. Sure, there are and will be subscribers that are not believers but we all have a choice to either click on the threat or not. Don’t want to… don’t! I don’t go to the Skiing & Slalom area of this forum because I have no interest, why should it be any different for this thread?

When you look at the design of the discussion forum you see various categories that either interested you, pertain to you or matter to you…..or not. By adding another category it’s simply adding another interest for the users of this board and you may not have an interest in this category, which is OK.

Some people just enjoy conflict and debate..I get it! The sky is blue today, no it's green, does it matter, really?

rc5695
04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
This is a GREAT thread, and I've lifted the requests mentioned thus far in prayer as I read them.

As most have said, if you don't like it, then don't read it. Seems simple enough to me...

That said, I propose a rule for us users of this forum:

- If somebody tries causing debate, just ignore their post and move on. If somebody wants to have a serious debate (not just flame another person), let them PM somebody instead of doing it in the open forum.

Thoughts?

I'd love to see this thread be a sticky in the family forum! Perfect location for it IMO.

Please pray for my family, as my wife and I are getting outta dodge for a few days (Wed.-Sat.), leaving all the kids with my parents.

kaneboats
04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Hmm. Turn the other cheek. That's a great idea. Wish I was better at living my life that way. I'm going to pass your advice to the other moderators. This is a prayer group thread not a religious arguments place. As long as posts are positive and in support of others there should be no objections. Now, let's pray for all the atheists.

newty
04-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Wow! I just found this... where have I been.

Great idea Sea-N-Things, way to stand up. I love it, and I'm in.

wolfeman131
04-11-2011, 02:57 PM
my wife and I are getting outta dodge for a few days (Wed.-Sat.), leaving all the kids with my parents.

yep, if your kiddos are like mine when Grandma & Grandpa are around, your parents are gonna need some prayer!

danomite81
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I am in! this is an awesome idea:)

Sea N' Things
04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Thank you all for the words of encouragement, it's making my hair's stand up. WOW, I love that feeling. This thread is so totally a GOD thing!

Update: I mentioned my pastor's dad suddenly passed away, well in his will his request was that his son do the funeral service, guys this man of God needs all we can through his way, please continue praying. Thanks!

rdlangston13
04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I just heard from my brother in law yesterday that he got sent home from work cause his back is hurting, he is not really sure how he hurt it but he was saying that my sister had to help him move out their apt because it hurts so bad he can't walk. He has a history of health issues with his knees so I don't know if this stems from that or what but they are just starting out in the world. 19 years old, married, and has no health insurance to help cover the cost of any medical expenses that could come of this so if yall could just remember them. His name is Chase Odom.

danomite81
04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I have been lifted by the song manifesto by city harmonic here recently on my way to work everyday. its a great song to start the day with. if you have not heard it check it out on youtube and tell me what you think.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VDvKOFplCo8?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sea N' Things
04-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the link dan, i'll have a listen :)

newty
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
I'd like to ask for prayer for my boss Karl. He found a fast growing lump in his groin (ouch) and the doctors emmediatly removed it. they are waiting for lab results on the growth. In the meantime he is in a tremendous amount of pain and has a cold so he is coughing and sneezing, causing lots of discomfort. He's been here at work in misery because we are working on a critical project.

Keep him in your prayers,

Newty

Sea N' Things
04-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks Newty, will do

rc5695
04-12-2011, 12:04 PM
yep, if your kiddos are like mine when Grandma & Grandpa are around, your parents are gonna need some prayer!

Lol. I know what you mean. Mine are pretty rambuncios when we're around, but when they're alone with them they're good. They've watched them all when my youngest was born and for his 2nd surgery. This will be the first time they've watched all 7 of them though. And we just weened the little guy 1.5 weeks ago :eek: Can you say "cranky"? He's getting better though.

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I've lifted the couple new requests as well.

04OUTBACK
04-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Great idea guys. I'm in.....

jmvotto
04-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Yep good idea for good thoughts, hope and whatever prayers people give

kaneboats
04-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Please pray for Supra owner Ron in Mokena, IL who recently lost his wife Heidi, a classmate of my wife's. Also keep their two children in your prayers. Thank you to all!

Moseley618
04-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Powerful thread. I am in!

Sea N' Things
04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you kane, the family will be in my daily devotions and prayers tonight

deerfield
04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Please pray for Supra owner Ron in Mokena, IL who recently lost his wife Heidi, a classmate of my wife's. Also keep their two children in your prayers. Thank you to all!

kaneboats - Did I find the correct information? - Deerfield

"Roering, Heidi Nee Horchler. Age 44, of Mokena, passed away suddenly April 11, 2011. Beloved wife of Ronald; loving mother of Cody and Mia; beloved daughter of Jack and Mary Ann Horchler nee Cantu; dear sister of Heather (Doug) Bax; cherished auntie of Jackson, Ashley, Maggie, Mitch, Scott, Anna, Billy, Jimmy, Lia, and Maui. Also survived by her loving dog Rosie, and many close neighbors and friends. Heidi was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Mokena, IL. board member and cheer coach of Mokena Burros, and preschool teacher at Immanuel Lutheran Pre-school in Mokena. Family will receive friends at Kurtz Memorial Chapel, 65 Old Frankfort Way, Frankfort, IL 60423, on Thursday, April 14, 2011 from 2 to 9 PM. Funeral service Friday, April 15, 2011 at 9:15 am, leaving for St. Anthony Catholic Church, 7659 Sauk Trail, Frankfort, IL 60423 for a 10:00 am Mass of Christian Burial. Interment St. John Cemetery, Mokena, IL. Info 815-806-2225."

kaneboats
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes, sir. I never met them but Heidi told Donna (and her FB pics show) they own a Supra. A tremendous sudden loss for a family and for the SC family. Please continue to pray for all of them. Thanks.

Donna just told me that someone posted on her obit page:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

jmvotto
04-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Yep good idea for good thoughts, hope and whatever prayers people give

Sea N' Things
04-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Good morning guys, just a word of thanks to those that have come forward and asked for prayer. Please continue to encourage one another through updates to prayer requests and praise items. It's all good stuff!

God Bless...

harmsway
04-17-2011, 09:32 AM
There has been mass distruction in NC yesterday from as many 62 tornadoes that touched down. Many lives lost and houses destroyed. I would like to offer my pray to all of those that have been affected by this storm in NC and all of the other states that have been affected.

One tornanado that touched down about 8 miles from our house was an F4 and was tracked for 190 miles. This is unheard of in this part of the country, out west yes but not in the eastern part of the U.S.

Please offer your pray for all that were affected.

Sea N' Things
04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Thank you harmsway, will do

rc5695
04-18-2011, 11:58 AM
more prayers lifted today for the new requests.

Thanks for your prayers, as my wife and i had a great, safe trip...And my parents still hanging in there when we got home ;)

Sea N' Things
04-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Good to hear rc5695, God is good....all the time!

WaterBullDawg1980
04-21-2011, 06:53 PM
I am 100% in. Like Wolf, I will never press my views on anyone, but am a great ear for anyone who would like to discuss in a civil manner.

Good idea. I think this would be a welcome addition to the forum. Slippery slope, but we are all adults right?!8)

kaneboats
04-21-2011, 08:18 PM
All right, guys. A realtor is showing our house at 9 am tomorrow. This is a wimpy request but how about some help? Pray that these people find the home they are looking for -- on my street! Thanks!

Hydrofoiljunky
04-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Wife goes in for surgery next week, and she's having a really hard time dealing with being under the knife. Please pray for peace in this process for her. And that they are able to remove what they need to remove, no complications, etc. Thanks guys

Sea N' Things
04-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Keep the good stuff coming, It's easy see that the desires of our hearts is to be obient and persue God's will. Have a GREAT Easter boating, traveling or just visiting with family and friends. May God bless you all.

kaneboats
04-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Never mind my request above- throw all your prayers toward Hydrofoiljunky. Peace to all this weekend!

Sea N' Things
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
How did things go kane, fill me in?

kaneboats
04-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Nada. Dropped the price a bit today to get things moving. It's about to be our time of year. Need school to be almost out for a house this big to move. Thanks for asking though.

Sea N' Things
04-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I'll still keep the prayers comming for what ever God has in store for you guys, the outcome is not always immediate or in our favour but you already knew that :)

danomite81
04-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Please pray for my mother. my church has grown so much that we now have sat night service. me and my family went to the service tonight to free some seats for guests tommarow . anyway i had my mother come with us and she is not a member of a church nor has a steadfast walk with Christ, she is pretty much at the end of her rope due to a non Christian husband whom is a raging alcoholic. i was beside her during praise and worship and I new what was gonna go down due to the overwhelming presence of God in the church. i turned to her and the tears were streaming and i could do nothing but praise God and put my arm around her and i knew that she was toatally aware that she too has gods grace. at the end of our service especially on easter there is an " invitation " mostly by every head bowed every eye closed , but not this time. my pastor called anyone needing to make things right in there life with God " tonight was the night to exept grace and start over. pastor stated that with every eye open and not a head bowed in three seconds i want you to stand up out of your seat. I knew she wanted to stand so i was prepared to stand with her . before i could get up she was standing . this will be a fresh start of many for her and she will be under attack at home and by the enemy that wants nothing but steal, kill and destroy her. please remember her in atleast one prayer. THANK YOU.

wolfeman131
04-23-2011, 10:58 PM
danomite - what a great way to celebrate Easter!

danomite81
04-23-2011, 11:14 PM
danomite - what a great way to celebrate Easter!

Your telling me! I am stoked

Sea N' Things
04-24-2011, 12:15 AM
WOW, Thank you danomite for sharing, Praise God! What an awsome testimony, I will pray for protection of your mom's heart at this most critical time. Amen bro! :)

04OUTBACK
04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Danomite!
great story! Thanks for sharing!

dru1974
04-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Jesus how much do you love me. Jesus replied stretching his hands wide out and said this much. He then died on the cross.
Happy easter everyone. God bless

rc5695
04-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Please pray for my mother. my church has grown so much that we now have sat night service. me and my family went to the service tonight to free some seats for guests tommarow . anyway i had my mother come with us and she is not a member of a church nor has a steadfast walk with Christ, she is pretty much at the end of her rope due to a non Christian husband whom is a raging alcoholic. i was beside her during praise and worship and I new what was gonna go down due to the overwhelming presence of God in the church. i turned to her and the tears were streaming and i could do nothing but praise God and put my arm around her and i knew that she was toatally aware that she too has gods grace. at the end of our service especially on easter there is an " invitation " mostly by every head bowed every eye closed , but not this time. my pastor called anyone needing to make things right in there life with God " tonight was the night to exept grace and start over. pastor stated that with every eye open and not a head bowed in three seconds i want you to stand up out of your seat. I knew she wanted to stand so i was prepared to stand with her . before i could get up she was standing . this will be a fresh start of many for her and she will be under attack at home and by the enemy that wants nothing but steal, kill and destroy her. please remember her in atleast one prayer. THANK YOU.

Great news! PTL. Thanks for sharing.

newty
04-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Truley Awesome!

wolfeman131
04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Please remember all the folks in AL & GA that were effected with the tornados last night. I hope to hear from them that they and their families are all OK.

Off the top of my head, I know Jesse is out that way and I know we have a few more. Deerfield's son will be attending the University of Alabama next year and Tuscaloosa got hit hard. Several students lost their lives last night and over 175 people in total.

Please, pray for them all.

jmvotto
04-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Will do. Drew. Terrible tragedy.

mmandley
04-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Danomite great story i grew up with two parents like that and it was hard as neighter of them believed in anything, i always had to find friends to go to church with.

Drew, will do hope all our families and friends are safe out in the SE with the storm seasons arriving for them.

moombadaze
04-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Danomite great story and thanks for sharing

Amazing what those tornando's did, hope all your friends and loved ones in that area are ok

JesseC
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Please remember all the folks in AL & GA that were effected with the tornados last night. I hope to hear from them that they and their families are all OK.

Off the top of my head, I know Jesse is out that way and I know we have a few more. Deerfield's son will be attending the University of Alabama next year and Tuscaloosa got hit hard. Several students lost their lives last night and over 175 people in total.

Please, pray for them all.

Sorry I have not checked in sooner. I live just south of Birmingham and the tornado got WAY too close for comfort. At out new house we lost 1 tree close to 75 feet tall, it fell within 20 feet of the house and missed the back porch. At the old house we have for sale, it dropped a tree close to 75 feet tall is well into the yard, on the way down it threw a libm through the roof. I have been cutting trees and patching roofs for two days now. We are ok, but a lot of our friends and family were not so lucky. We appreciate the prayers and welcome them! My brother in laws aunt lost her home to the tornado and they have still not located the Jeep that was parked out front. Wolfeman, thank your for thinking of us here in the south. Everyone is really upset and a little down right now. I still do not have power in the house. As soon as the latop and cell phone die, I will not be able to post more updates. Again, thank you for thinking of us!!!

moombadaze
04-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Jesse, glad to hear you and your family are ok. Keep us updated when ya can

Sea N' Things
04-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Thank you for the update, I will continue to pray for all affected. God Bless!

WaterBullDawg1980
04-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Jesse, make sure and let us know how things are going when you can.

From what they are showing on television that was one massive tornado that was not sparing anything in its path. Where I live, it was strange as the real bad storms and tornadoes basically split in two paths while moving through Georgia. I ended up being on the outer edge of one of the paths. We were very lucky.

Prayers go out to ya and the rest of our neighbors here in the SE.

kaneboats
04-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Glad to hear you're OK even though affected, Jesse. I mentioned to my wife yesterday that we had not heard from you but that it just might be lack of power. We'll continue to pray for all the victims of this crazy weather stuff.

wolfeman131
04-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Jesse, glad you were able to check in and that all are in good health. The other stuff is just stuff . . .

Do you need anything that we might be able to help out with? Generator, bottled water, chainsaw? When Katrina hit, I ran a few generators out that way for some friends.

deerfield
04-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone have contact with jmb? He lives in Tuscaloosa. I want to know that he and his family are okay.

JesseC
05-01-2011, 11:13 AM
We are still without power, but both houses are now tree free and roofs have been repaired. We were really lucky where our houses are located. Only minor damage that could be fixed fairly easy. Almost all of our friends and family have checked in. We only had one family member loose their home and about 2-3 friends that lost their homes but are ok. I have a generator up and running so we are just waiting on the power company. I really hope and pray that JMB checks in soon.

JesseC
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Power has been restored!!! We should be back to business as usual. Still waiting to hear from JMB though...

jmvotto
05-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Thoughts and prayers out to Brad and Jana (04outback). wish them a speedy and succesful outcome over this long journey ahead

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/janawebb?ref=nl

wolfeman131
05-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Jana will be in our prayers. Stay strong for her Brad & let us know if there is anything we can do.

Sea N' Things
05-03-2011, 11:51 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you both, Brad and Jana (04outback). God Bless!

moombadaze
05-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Prayers for Brad and Jana. Stay strong

kaneboats
05-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Brad & Jana, you remain in our prayers.

04OUTBACK
05-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks Guys.. Some of ya'll know this is our 3rd round with this. First 2 was surgery.. this will be treatment from Radiation and Chemo. Jana has a great attack attitude and she is doing better than the rest of the family! Gonna be a long 7 1/2 months.. but we'll get through!

moombadaze
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Brad, make sure to keep us all updated on how its going

newty
05-04-2011, 07:40 PM
We'll be praying as well.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks Guys.. Some of ya'll know this is our 3rd round with this. First 2 was surgery.. this will be treatment from Radiation and Chemo. Jana has a great attack attitude and she is doing better than the rest of the family! Gonna be a long 7 1/2 months.. but we'll get through!

Heather and I will be praying for your family as well as a speedy recovery!

rc5695
05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone. Please remember my wife, Christina, in your prayers for the next couple of weeks. She's been REALLY sick with this pregnancy. We're talking morning, noon, and night... :(

kaneboats
05-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Prayers for the three of you from us.

jmvotto
05-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Rc5695,

you got T&P coming from up north..

newty
05-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Will do RC!

I'd like to also lift up Dusty. He's in a lot of pain knowing he's going to lose his dogs! I know its not a big thing but I know the pain of losing a pet.

God recognizes the big and little things!

Sea N' Things
05-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone. Please remember my wife, Christina, in your prayers for the next couple of weeks. She's been REALLY sick with this pregnancy. We're talking morning, noon, and night... :(

I'll be praying for relief for your wife and a great pregnancy from here on in.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-17-2011, 05:55 PM
You got em RC.

And you as well Dusty. I know thats tough bubba.

dusty2221
05-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys.

rc5695
05-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks everyone. She was able to get some medicine yesterday that's supposed to help, unfortunately it also makes her very sleepy...Not good for trying to watch the other 7 kids, esp. trying to finish the last few days of home-schooling them for the year... She tried it last night and it seemed to help, but she had a very rough morning today, not wanting to be too tired too early.

Thanks for all the prayers, and please keep them coming.

Prayin' for ya Dusty...

kayjayfech
05-24-2011, 02:17 PM
I am totally in!

Ken

rc5695
05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone. We're not out of the woods, but she's gotten some new medicines and is doing much better. Feeling nauseous 24/7, but only getting sick at night. Hopefully the new medicine she started last night will help that too. Current due date is Dec. 24th.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Great news. We'll be praying!

Fantastic due date as well. Good news is you will be able to consolidate your gift buying. :wink:

rdlangston13
06-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey guys, I just got a call from my office support about my relief. Apparently he wont be making his crew change this next Tuesday due to his finding out that his son has a brain tumor. I am not 100% how old his kids are but I know they are younger than 13. This has to be very hard to take it, especially with them being so young. They are trying to find someone to take his spot out here temporarily until everything gets sorted out but if you would just keep his son and and the whole family in your prayers! My reliefs name is Dandy Bourque

WaterBullDawg1980
06-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Thats tough RD.

He will be in our prayers!

kaneboats
06-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Please pray for the safety of the riders who will be embarking on the cross country journey with the Fuller Center for Housing. They already suffered a crushing blow when their van and trailer were totaled in an accident on the way to the starting point in Seattle, WA. The trip will take them from Washington state to Washington, DC. I met several of the returning riders including the newlyweds who are on their honeymoon. Those two met on the Michigan to Florida ride that came through Tallahassee two years ago. Please pray for all of them and if you decide to offer a sponsorship amount please consider sponsoring our friend, Megan East, who "adopted" our family when we met her two years ago. Thanks for the prayers all!

http://www.fullercenter.org/news/bike-adventure-accident

Megan's page:

http://www.fullercenter.org/bikeadventure/meettheriders#Megan_East

Finally, if there are any riders from your area please consider sending them a note of encouragement. The goal of the Fuller Center is to eliminate poverty housing-- it is very worthwhile.

rdlangston13
08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
A quick update on my relief whos son has a brain tumor. He has surgery last thursday to remove the tumor up at St Judes in Memphis. They are awaiting lab results that should be available tomorrow that will tell them if it was cancerous or not. Dandy was driving home from Memphis Friday night and apparently fell asleep at the wheel, veering off the road and flipping his truck 3 or 4 times. Broke three bones in his neck and had to have surgery himself. Keep his son and now him in your prayers as he recovers from this injury.

jpetty3023
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Sending prayers his way. What a terrible run for him right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
08-29-2011, 10:03 PM
prayers sent. what a rough patch for sure.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Ugh.... I hate that I am even having to type this request. I normally try not to talk about, let alone post such crappy news, but I think this family could deserve as many prayers as possible. My college roommate and one of my best friends found our horrible news from his cousin today. They were waking their 8 year old for school this morning and he didn't wake up. They are a fantastic Christian family and as expected are absolutely torn to pieces right now. No insight into the cause of death as of yet, but Trent did tell me that the son was a severe diabetic and has had some small issues for a while now.

The father's name is Keith and they have 4 other children from 2 to 13. As mentioned they are very devout Christians and I am sure are going to depend on that faith to get them through. I just do not have the words.............

THSEADOO
09-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I have just found this thread and will be praying for all. Sorry I did not find sooner.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I have just found this thread and will be praying for all. Sorry I did not find sooner.

Thank you sir! They sure could use it. Both parents are barely hanging on at this point.

Jeffro
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't check this Forum very often but I will now. God Bless you all!

RobertJ
09-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Prayed for the families.

viking
09-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow - brings a tears to my eyes. Being a father I can't even imagine. Prayers and more prayers from this member.

newty
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
I can't even imagine. We'll be praying for them.

moombadaze
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
prayers sent as being a father that is the utmost worst thing to happen

Hydrofoiljunky
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I just read this, the wife & I will be praying as well.

rc5695
11-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Please keep me and my family in your prayers. I twisted my ankle last weekend riding my dirtbike. i found out yesterday that I'm going to have to have surgery next Wed., yup, the day before Thanksgiving. I'll be out of work for at least 2 weeks. And about the time I go back is when Christina (my wife) will be having her baby, so i'll be going right back out...

For those that want detail, I tore the ligaments that hold the 2 leg bones above my ankle together. So they're going to go in and screw them together :(

kaneboats
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Prayers for Ryan, Christina and family. Happy Thanksgiving anyway! You have much to be thankful for.

rc5695
11-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Prayers for Ryan, Christina and family. Happy Thanksgiving anyway! You have much to be thankful for.
Thanks, and I sure do! Even in this, My work will pay me for the whole time I'm out as a type of sick time, so I'll still have vacation left for when we have the baby. I've met my out-of-pocket max for the year, so none of the expenses for this injury should cost me a dime...Thankful I found it rather than waiting and having a really rough time when I get older for not fixing a serious injury... just a start, too many things to list :) GOD is GOOD!!!

wolfeman131
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM

ditto!

Hope it doesn't mess up your surfin' style.

jmvotto
11-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Ryan, Prayers go out to you and your family. Having a baby on the way is exciting! Enjoy thanksgiving the best you can.

Had my ankle fused from a sports accident 30 yrs ago , slowed me down but not out !!! Get well soon.!!

rc5695
11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
thanks for your prayers. surgery went well a week ago. dr. today said all looks well, and I should get a real cast next week. I've attached some pics of:
me in my chair where I"m stuck 23+ hours a day... So feel free to forward me links to any great online movies :)
my foot today w/o the splint...
and my x-ray. you can plainly see the screw. above it they drilled a hole and put a thing like a zip-tie w/ a head thru the hole and cinched it tight. he said all hardware should stay in place forever, unless it gives me a problem someday...

wolfeman131
11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
knarly!

where's your little bell by your chair that you can ring for service?

rc5695
11-30-2011, 02:34 PM
knarly!

where's your little bell by your chair that you can ring for service?

Lol. we're in the new ages man, i use my cellphone to call someone ;)

rc5695
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
got my cast yesterday. back to work tomorrow. cast off and start rehab first week in jan.

thanks for everyones prayers.

expecting new baby sometime between now and Christmas...

dusty2221
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
got my cast yesterday. back to work tomorrow. cast off and start rehab first week in jan.

thanks for everyones prayers.

expecting new baby sometime between now and Christmas...

Congrats on the baby! I was in a cast when mine was born. Had about 2 weeks of it left, crutches, the whole 9 yards. My regular "non weight bearing cast" became a walking cast VERY quickly. LOL. Doc was not happy...

kaneboats
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I scheduled knee surgery back in 2000 so it would be done in March. Twins were due in June. They showed up on April 30. Glad I was back on my feet because that was some serious effort with two preemies on heart monitors for 5 weeks.

rc5695
12-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Congrats on the baby! I was in a cast when mine was born. Had about 2 weeks of it left, crutches, the whole 9 yards. My regular "non weight bearing cast" became a walking cast VERY quickly. LOL. Doc was not happy...
Lol. Exact same situation I'm in!
Except I doubt it was your 8th baby ;) We've got plenty of other kids to help out, so hopefully I won't turn mine into a walking cast...

rc5695
12-07-2011, 12:23 PM
I scheduled knee surgery back in 2000 so it would be done in March. Twins were due in June. They showed up on April 30. Glad I was back on my feet because that was some serious effort with two preemies on heart monitors for 5 weeks.
I can't image twins...let alone premies needing extra care!

rdlangston13
12-07-2011, 02:04 PM
A friend of friend of mine was seriously injured when she walked into the propeller of a small airplane after taking a flight around the Dallas area the other night to look at Christmas lights. I met Lauren Scruggs a couple times hanging out with mutual friends and this is truly a tragedy. 23 years old, model, and fashion editor. Now lost her left hand and has severe injuries to the left side of her head and shoulder. Pray for her recovery and her family in this time of hardship.

dusty2221
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
A friend of friend of mine was seriously injured when she walked into the propeller of a small airplane after taking a flight around the Dallas area the other night to look at Christmas lights. I met Lauren Scruggs a couple times hanging out with mutual friends and this is truly a tragedy. 23 years old, model, and fashion editor. Now lost her left hand and has severe injuries to the left side of her head and shoulder. Pray for her recovery and her family in this time of hardship.

She is def in our thoughts. Ash and I talked about her this am, she is very very lucky to still be here.

wolfeman131
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
RD - that's awful to hear. Praying for the best outcome possible.

rc5695
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM

Prayers lifted rd...

jpetty3023
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Prayers sent your way David

jmvotto
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Prayers Going out to the young model. sad sad story.

rdlangston13
12-08-2011, 08:21 PM
here is a blog so that yall can see what all is going on if you are interested

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurenscruggs/journal/4

bergermaister
12-09-2011, 06:20 PM
After being married 10yrs, then divorced, my ex wife and I made an attempt to patch things up and see if we could make it work again at the start of this year. Through some tough counseling sessions, good times and bad, the reality has come that we can't let go of the past to make it work again and have agreed to move on. Honestly, more from my side than hers.

We have two kids together, 8yr old boy and 10yr old girl, and have 50/50 custody and they have fared the whole divorce situation pretty well. Although we never moved back in together during this time while trying to reconcile, the kids kind of had it in their heads that mom and dad would be a family again. Not sure how I'm going to explain this to them. Just know that I'm feeling pretty low approaching the holiday here. Instead of feeling relieved like one might expect I'm more living in a blur again like I was with the divorce a few years ago.

I've been so unsure with this whole situation that I haven't spoken to hardly anyone about it over the last year. I just pray that my kids will be ok through this again and not be devastated. They're pretty much all that's keeping me going at this point.

wolfeman131
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
here is a blog so that yall can see what all is going on if you are interested

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurenscruggs/journal/4

RD - saw a story on this in Good Morning America in the hotel room today. Sounds like a strong young woman with a fantastic attitude and a faith-based, ultra-supportive family. Hoping to hear of a great outcome for her.

wolfeman131
12-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Berg, that's tough to read, but from what I've read and seen in posts, your kiddos know that you love them and THAT is what matters most. Praying for your family and that you all enjoy the Holiday season.

kaneboats
12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Prayers for all above. Berg, the ideal is to have both parents at home together. But, having two parents that love those kids, both alive, etc. means more than their living arrangement does. I hope you two have made an agreement to never bash each other and to always be civil and supportive.

wolfeman131
12-23-2011, 08:18 AM
A few months ago, I read a post on Facebook from a high school classmate. I hadn't seen Patty since graduation day and really didn't know anything about the path life had taken her on. I could tell from the post she was in need of help and subsequently found out she is a single Mother of a daughter with cerebral palsy. Her daughter, Adriana, is confined to a wheelchair and needs constant attention.

The short of it is that they needed a new van with a lift. I reached out to 5 high school classmates and in the course of about 4 weeks, we raised over $20,000. Combined with Patty's savings and some other financial aid, we were able to get her a new van.

The build was done here in Atlanta by AMS. My family will be driving it to Columbus, OH on Dec 26th and having a presentation ceremony at my friend's restaurant. It was a great effort by a lot of folks and something that I am glad I was able to contribute to.

Please pray for these super ladies!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/2011-12-22_09-31-32_888.jpg

jpetty3023
12-23-2011, 10:18 AM
That's a great story wolfe. Great to hear/see people doing the right thing and giving back for the right reasons. Your truly a saint

jmvotto
12-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Drew, your not Wolfeman you are "SUPERMAN" !!! What a great story and it truly defines the spirit of Christmas. Hats off to you and your freinds on this.

Be safe and Merry Christmas!!

rc5695
12-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Berg, Prayin' for ya buddy, as it is a super difficult situation!

Drew, you the man. That's great!

Update on my requests:
- Cast is off and I"m back inthe boot. No weight onit until Jan. 10th xrays, but doc says it looks really good every time he sees it!
- Our house has been shown twice in the last month, which is more than inhte whole past year.
- My wife still hasn't had the baby. If she doens't have it naturally by Sunday, we'll be having a c-section Sunday morning.

Thanks everyone!!!

jmvotto
12-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Berg, Try to enjoy the Holidays with your Kids. As Kane said living arrangements don't tell the story of how much you care for your children. I was much in your situation too. 50/50 custody evey other week. It gets crazy from time to time but as long as Mom and Dad can be civil around each other, the kids are pretty happy with the situation. Heck , my wife of 6 years and mother of my 2.5 yr old is now pretty close friends with my ex who is the mother of my teeange twins and 11 yr old. ( all Girls) Dang someone please pray for me LOL.

Give you credit for making a try at it again, two Happy seperate parents are better than together two miserable parents... my .02

jpetty3023
12-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey RC, so did you and the wife have a Christmas baby!!?

rc5695
12-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Yup, I"m going to put it in another post in a minute...

newty
12-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Praying for you Berg.

Lots of prayer and praises here. I love this thread. Thanks everyone for being part of this. I didn't think it would last.

kaneboats
01-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Been away. Glad to hear everybody's doing pretty well. Great job on the van, Drew! Way to celebrate the Christmas spirit.

Zoltar
01-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey guys.... i have a prayer request... I have built a house and currently have it listed for sale. I've had a number of veiwings, but no one has pulled the trigger. Carrying costs are mounting up and it's making for a stressful situation. Please pray that God will bring the right buyer.... soon. Cam

newty
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
You got it Brutha!

kaneboats
01-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Prayers for you. Throw in one for me too. House has been for sale since Feb. and it's almost Feb.

rc5695
01-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Praying for your houses to sell. Mine finally sold after 13 months. Please pray for good weather (no rain/snow) as we move Jan. 31st thru Feb. 6th.

newty
02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I read this devotional for men every morning online and think its good for me to have a little boost or kick in the pants.
With my job shortly coming to an end I find myself worrying about the future. Whether it be about my existing job, a new job, finances... just the unknown really. I read this today and it kinda helps put things in perspective for me. I'm sure
I know I'm not the only one that worries about things of this nature.
If this isn't for you then thats fine but I thought I'd share, as this may be a good tool for some of you.

Here's the website for reference. http://powertochange.com/blogs/experience/devotionalformen/

“In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.” (Ephesians 6:16)
Karen laughed out loud and it felt good. Even the conversations at work felt like a relief from the worries that sapped strength from her soul these days. Worry is really just another word for fear. When we worry about our kids, our relationships, our finances or any number of things, we are actually living in fear. Fear can be paralyzing.
Fear displaces faith in our hearts. Faith is the assurance of God’s ability to give us help and strength and wisdom. When fear overrides our faith then we do not believe that our God is able.
Faith displaces fear. When we take each and every fear to God and give it into His hands, trusting Him to be our help and our strength, our faith displaces that fear. His peace comes in.
Oh, it doesn’t mean our problems all fade into the distance. It does mean however, that we will have the strength we need to face every challenge. It means that we can expect our almighty God to work within our circumstances in unexpected ways. It means we can be overcomers and more than just survivors.
The Bible tells us that God does not give us the spirit of fear. The temptation to have fear in the face of the unknown and uncertain is a normal reaction. Yet God tells us we can live beyond that and let our faith extinguish our fear.
Take whatever worry is plaguing your mind and heart today and identify the fear that it truly is. Then invite God to help you lift the shield of faith to extinguish that fear. He is able and He will do it!
Father God,
I thank you that You are more powerful than any of my circumstances. Today I ask You to increase my faith and to extinguish the fear that threatens to sap strength from my soul. Please help me to keep You in the center of my focus and not my fear. I lift up my shield of faith in the name of Jesus, amen.

rc5695
02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I have some perfect verses for you, which I know I have to live by: Matthew 6:25 through the rest of the chapter

rc5695
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
praying for you too, bot peace of mind and His provisions.

I do have a quick praise I'll share...Some of you know that my little readhead, now 2 :O , has had a couple of heart surgeries. He had his yearly check-up yesterday and doc said everything looks perfect! WooHoo. Just as good, he said with the way medical advancements are going, he may never have to have open-heart-surgery again. They may be able to do any further procedures through his leg, or whatever else they come up with in the next 10-20 years.

newty
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Huge Praise!!! I just received a conditional job offer from BNSF railroad!!! Whoohooo! He works in mysterious ways huh?

rc5695
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Huge Praise!!! I just received a conditional job offer from BNSF railroad!!! Whoohooo! He works in mysterious ways huh?
Congrats!!!

deerfield
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM

newty - That is fantastic! Please let us know when the deal is sealed. - Deerfield

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4: 6 and 7

viking
02-22-2012, 12:46 AM
thanks for the website Newty. And congrats again on the job. Nothing to worry about, right :)

wolfeman131
02-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Ryan - FANTASTIC news for the lil' guy!

kaneboats
02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Ryan - FANTASTIC news for the lil' guy!

What do you know? Here's a pic of the li'l guy!

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13473&d=1329922203

Edit: RC: Very happy for your son; I remember him from last summer. I thought Wolfeman's message above was a wisecrack directed at Newty (whose name is also Ryan) and I was poking at his new job. Ooops. No offense intended- well, intended at Newty, but not you. Sorry if this was taken the wrong way for any reason.

newty
02-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Great news RC, we'll keep him in our prayers.

rc5695
02-22-2012, 12:50 PM
No worries. Funny pic.

djking55
02-22-2012, 05:19 PM
LOVE THIS IDEA! We can never have enough prayer in our lives! For those of you looking for a great church to watch online.....check out my church Elevate Life Church, out of Frisco Texas. Elevatelife.com

moombadaze
02-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Newty, thanks for posting that-it helps

moombadaze
02-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Ryan rc5695, thats wonderfull news about you little one

kaneboats
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Please say a special one for Jana & Brad Webb (04Outback) today. Thanks!

WaterBullDawg1980
04-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Hate having to post this, but I guess that is the way life is sometimes.

A friend of my wife from high school has a daughter battling some type of cancer from almost the day she was born. Needless to say, it has been a tough battle. "Piper" is two now and was hoping to turn three in June, but as God would have it, the Lord is calling her up to finish her business in Heaven with him. The parents are bedside with her at St. Jude in Tennessee tonight, but the last update was very grim in nature. Little Piper is about to let go of the fight.

Lets keep the Needhams in our prayers. I simply do not have the words to describe how sad this makes me. And blessed at the same time.

http://needhamcrew.blogspot.com/

jpetty3023
04-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Prayers being sent now. God Bless little piper and her family

wolfeman131
04-03-2012, 07:48 AM
that's a tough one to read, Mark. I know we share in the joy of two daughtres ourselves and, as much as I'd sometimes like to wring the neck of my 12 yr old, I can't imagine my world without her.

may God bless that little soul & her family.

jmvotto
04-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Prayers sent from the Northeast, tough story..

KSmith
04-03-2012, 08:33 AM
More prayers from Georgia for Piper and her family.

kaneboats
04-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Prayers for Piper and family from Tallahassee.

WaterBullDawg1980
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks all. Haven't gotten an update for today yet, but no matter the outcome the prayers are definitely needed and appreciated!

rc5695
04-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Hate having to post this, but I guess that is the way life is sometimes.

A friend of my wife from high school has a daughter battling some type of cancer from almost the day she was born. Needless to say, it has been a tough battle. "Piper" is two now and was hoping to turn three in June, but as God would have it, the Lord is calling her up to finish her business in Heaven with him. The parents are bedside with her at St. Jude in Tennessee tonight, but the last update was very grim in nature. Little Piper is about to let go of the fight.

Lets keep the Needhams in our prayers. I simply do not have the words to describe how sad this makes me. And blessed at the same time.

http://needhamcrew.blogspot.com/

prayers lifted... If you think mark's little summary is a tough read, stay outta their blog...Wow... Lord, give them strength and encouragement!

moombadaze
04-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Prayers for Piper and her family from Land O Lakes

WaterBullDawg1980
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
prayers lifted... If you think mark's little summary is a tough read, stay outta their blog...Wow... Lord, give them strength and encouragement!

Your not kidding. I just went back and skimmed over it again and had to shut my office door bc the tears are coming. I am having to force myself not to think about poor little Piper while at the office.

WaterBullDawg1980
04-03-2012, 08:14 PM
From the family's blog....

""The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.". (Job 1:21b)

Piper Jean Needham ran into the arms of Jesus April 3, 2012 3:35pm.

Our hearts and empty hands hurt more than we ever imagined possible...but Gods grace will continue to carry us. He will no more forget us in this time of grief and sorrow than we will forget how much we love our fabulously spunky Piper...

And we do love you, Piper Jean."

jpetty3023
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Just a terrible situation. My heart goes out to the family and friends of this precious little angel. A parents worst nightmare and impossible to even think about

newty
04-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Prayers from the Newton family and the North West. May God bless little piper and her family.

Sent from my Droid IPhone killer

jpetty3023
04-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Police Officer shot and killed in the line of duty. I don't know this Officer personally but anytime this sort of thing happens it's a tragedy. A family, department, profession, and community lost a hero today and prayers are always welcomed. God Speed Brother

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-06/officer-killed-texas/54074090/1#.T38Kb5oWWc0.facebook

newty
04-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Police Officer shot and killed in the line of duty. I don't know this Officer personally but anytime this sort of thing happens it's a tragedy. A family, department, profession, and community lost a hero today and prayers are always welcomed. God Speed Brother

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-06/officer-killed-texas/54074090/1#.T38Kb5oWWc0.facebook

These are always tough for our family. My father-in-law was a seargent killed in the line duty 8 years ago.

WaterBullDawg1980
04-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Ugh. Hate hearing this. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

jpetty3023
04-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Very sorry to hear that Newty. Do you mind sharing his name. If your not comfortable with that I truly understand.

wolfeman131
04-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Saw a quick fb post from our buddy Brad (aka 04Outback) regarding his wife and the title simply read, "not a good day.". i've had the pleasure of meeting Brad and he is a great guy. He has asked for our prayers before as his wife is in a tough battle. So, please take a sec and send some good vibes out to him & his wife.

newty
04-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Very sorry to hear that Newty. Do you mind sharing his name. If your not comfortable with that I truly understand.

Brad Crawford Clark County Sheriff.

Prayers sent out for Brad's (aka 04Outback) wife and family.

jpetty3023
04-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Prayers sent

jpetty3023
04-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I checked out odmp Newty an said a few extra prayers last night. Hollywood was very loved and respected. Your FIL was a hero in my eyes and in the eyes of a lot of other people and someone to look up to.

newty
04-10-2012, 11:24 AM
He was an awesome guy! Definately my hero. Thanks for the kind words.

Hollywood... lol never heard him called that. I guess that was a nickname he earned when he was a new recruit in L.A.

wolfeman131
05-27-2012, 08:18 AM
After 93 years, my Grandmother has taken the journey to His kingdom. She and my Grandfather were both tough, 2nd generation Irish that ran a successful dairy farm in NW PA. They taught my brother and I invaluable life lessons and instilled us with a work ethic I cherish.

jmvotto
05-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I know it difficult but 93 years is a celebration of life...I hope we all make it that far.

Prayer sent.

jpetty3023
05-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Prayers sent Wolfe. So sorry for your loss

WaterBullDawg1980
05-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Prayers from my family Drew. As mentioned already, 93 really is a celebration of life!

Sent from my bag phone using Tapatalk Dos

wolfeman131
05-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks, guys. You are correct, she led a full life and is in a better place now as her mental and physical capacities left months ago.

I think of all she experienced in this world from wars to advances in medicine and technology and I wonder in amazement what life may have in store for me and my children.

kaneboats
05-29-2012, 11:30 AM
If this is the grandma I think it is, God bless and keep her for all time! She helped shape the man I know as my good friend. The world is a better place for her efforts. May she rest in peace.

rc5695
05-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Prayers lifted Drew.

Please also pray for my wife's grandfather. he's in his upper 80's, maybe 90, but has been suffering from severe depression lately. trying to get him help, but you know how stubborn old people can be....

rjgaumer
07-10-2012, 05:38 PM
This is a christian nation, UNDER ONE GOD, if you cant accept it then at least dont bash it. Freedom of Religion is one of the most important things in society. I say this prayer forum is one of the most fantastic things ive seen in a while. You guys are awesome :)

WaterBullDawg1980
07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
I agree rjgaumer. Glad your with us brother!

jpetty3023
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
AMEN Brother

Sent from my home phone..

Hauss66
07-17-2012, 10:16 PM
New member, just saw this. I'm in for the prayer group. Thanks, God bless

tnbrooks01
08-04-2012, 06:59 PM
While on the road we have been informed that much of central and northeastern Oklahoma is being consumed by wildfires. There are entire towns that have burned completely and With the high winds and the fact that there hasn't been in real measurable rainfall for quite sometime the fires are advancing rapidly to the northeast towards the Tulsa area.

Please add these families to your prayers as well as the families in the path of these fires.

jdntexas
08-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Question for you all??? I think we have a lot of Christian guys here, lets start a threat where we can take prayer requests. Guys praying for guys, where two or more is gathered the spirit of the Lord is. Why not where we all love to connect, Right here!!

What a great idea, Rob. Look forward to participating in this thread and sending a prayer for those who need one.

wolfeman131
09-12-2012, 12:13 AM
A long time Moomba/Supra owner, 04Outback (aka Brad Webb), and his wife are need of some serious prayer. Jana has been battling a brain tumor since 2007 and has put up a tremendously couragious fight with Brad by her side. If so inclined, take a sec out of your day and say a prayer for them of strength, comfort and peace.

kaneboats
09-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Prayers from Tallahassee for Jana and Brad today.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Absolutely will. Prayers uplifted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jpetty3023
09-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Prayers sent and may God's hands heal

jmvotto
09-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Always in our prayers Brad and Jana.

Love from the wine country, Western NY and Finger lakes..

rca
09-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Praying for you Brad and Jana.

KSmith
09-13-2012, 08:21 AM
More prayers from GA

jmvotto
09-21-2012, 10:45 PM
A long time Moomba/Supra owner, 04Outback (aka Brad Webb), and his wife are need of some serious prayer. Jana has been battling a brain tumor since 2007 and has put up a tremendously couragious fight with Brad by her side. If so inclined, take a sec out of your day and say a prayer for them of strength, comfort and peace.

please take some time today and this weekend to say a special Prayer for Brad, Jana and their family.
Jana went to fly with the Angels today..

http://Www.caringbridge.org/visit/JanaWebb

kaneboats
09-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Brad, I hope you know the entire Supra/Moomba family is behind you. You have been the finest example of class and dignity through this entire battle. I do not know how you have persevered or how you continue now. Please know that we are with you and you remain in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you and your family in this difficult time.

Your friends in the extended SC family.

deerfield
09-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Brad –I am so sorry that Jana passed away. Please accept my condolences. Reading Caring Bridge, I am encouraged by the words you posted earlier this evening and deeply grateful that her family was at her side as she left this world and entered into heaven. Thank you for being an advocate, champion, and tireless support for Jana since the day in 2007 that she was diagnosed with tumor. If there is something you need beyond what your local support group and family can provide, please let us know how we can help. Peace be with you. - Stuart

wolfeman131
09-22-2012, 12:29 AM
It was with great sadness that I read an email from Brad shortly after Jana entered into His Glory. I am grateful for the brief encounter I had with Brad & Jana as we crossed paths at the airport, early one morning just a few months ago.

Others have already captured the thoughts and feelings I have.

God bless you, my friend.

kaneboats
10-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Please extend your prayers to my friend Brian and his family whose 4 year old daughter, Josie, is having open-heart surgery on Friday. Thank you to all.

KSmith
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Prayers from GA for Josie and her family.

jpetty3023
10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Prayers lifted from TX

sent from my home phone

beat taco
11-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Please pray for my father who was in a car crash while on vacation in Mexico last night. He went into cardiac arrest as a result of the accident and flatlined for 25 minutes. Somehow they got his heart beat back! They won't take him off the ventilator or heavy sedation for 48 hours, then we can see how much brain activity he has or does not have. Thanks in advance!

wolfeman131
11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Jake,

Thoughts and prayers from the ATL for you & your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

moombadaze
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
prayers from Tampa

bergermaister
11-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Prayers from the Couv for you and the family.

jpetty3023
11-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Prayers lifted Jake. Please keep us updated

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

jmvotto
11-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Prayers from the north east.

mmandley
11-03-2012, 01:00 PM
WOW Jake thats some ruff times your having bro first your buddy and now pops. If theres anything i can do to help you man let me know. I know were local to each other.

Prayers brutha

E4NASH
11-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Jake,

Thoughts and prayers from the ATL for you & your family.

Same here bro...hate that! Prayers lifted

04OUTBACK
11-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Hang in there beat! We got ya back

beat taco
11-05-2012, 12:52 AM
It's amazing to me that through a common thread (s/c boats) a bunch of Christians come together to do gods work. When it comes to character the Moomba crew is above and beyond.

They were unable to do the EKG today but there were many positive signs. They weened him off the sedation drugs and he opened his eyes. His color was good and he even moved his arm.
Again tomorrow will tell us more with the EKG. They also want to see if they can get him breathing on his own.

I've gotten more details and what makes this more miraculous is he was given CPR for 25 minutes before the ambulance arrived to the location of the accident. He was given CPR for another 25 minutes in the ambulance until they could establish an airway. My cousin was with them. She was in the coast guard and was a cop, her where with all to pull my dad from the car despite her injuries and administer CPR is nothing short of a miracle. She saw him turning blue and knew she had to act, eventually passers by came and helped relieve them, getting him to come in and out of consciousness during their 25 minute fight waiting for the ambulance.
So we'll keep praying, hope for the best, and plan for worse.

wolfeman131
11-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Great news! Keep us posted on his progress & let's plan for the best.

jmvotto
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Great news! Keep us posted on his progress & let's plan for the best.

Amen.........

kaneboats
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Been away a few days. Prayers lifted for Pops and for you and the rest of the family!

beat taco
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Well he gave it a heck of a fight but lost the battle last night. I'm happy where he is now he feels no pain. The support from you guys means a lot, thanks again.

wolfeman131
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Jake,

So sorry. Condolences from the ATL as well as prayers of strength and peace for you & your family.

dusty2221
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Jake, sorry to hear about this. With the last updates I thought there was some more hope. Keep your head up.

moombadaze
11-06-2012, 01:07 PM
So sorry to hear this Jake, prayers sent your way

bergermaister
11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Deepest condolences to you and the family Jake. More prayers sent.

mmandley
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Same as the above have said man, sorry to hear about your loss bro, prayers with you and your family.

harmsway
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Our payer and tonights have been with you and your family since the first post and continue during the days ahead.

jpetty3023
11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
prayers and condolences sent jake. I'm saddened to hear the untimely loss of your pops. may God provide comfort and strength to you and yours sir.

sent from my home phone

kaneboats
11-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Ahh, Jake, so sorry to hear he didn't pull through. It sounded like he still had a shot after the valiant efforts. Our prayers remain with you and your family in this difficult time. Please post a happy pic of your Dad if you get a chance.

rdlangston13
11-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Sad to hear that Jake, prayers being sent from Texas to you and your family

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

beat taco
11-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Been working on pics most of the day.
Locals will recognize this one: his house boat sat at the east end of the sellwood bridge when he was a dental school student in the 60's.

Glass time. He was president of the Portland water ski club for some time.

Dental Grad. Circa 1970

What a stud:

Happy Dad!

beat taco
11-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Couple of fun ones I found:
Lets just say we had a lot of fun when I was a kid:

His favorite race boat.

jpetty3023
11-06-2012, 06:35 PM
looks like you had a great childhood, the same kind in trying to give my kids. it's those memories I hope you can hold close to your heart

sent from my home phone

kaneboats
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Outstanding pics! Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

patrick232
11-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Jake, Sorry for your loss. This hits hard today in our home, it was a year ago my father in-law passed after a 16 month battle with cancer. They are in a better place and watch over us daily.

jmvotto
11-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Jake, sorry for you loss, was hoping for the best. Great pics thanks for sharing with the gang

beat taco
11-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks once again for all the kind words. I really enjoy the mutual respect and compassion members of this site have towards fellow men! Without the support of great people and having The Lord in my life I'm not sure where I would be!

So in going through even more pictures for the celebration of my Dad's life tonight I found one of him driving my old boat at LBC (must have been the first year I put the tower on it: no mirror and 1 board rack:) )
I didn't even know I had this pic, great find!

And for good measure, his blown T-bucket :)

wolfeman131
11-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Ohhhhhhh, I'm liking the car. Why is the rear wheel off?

mmandley
11-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Ohhhhhhh, I'm liking the car. Why is the rear wheel off?

Id have to assume its in a car show, and its typical to pull a wheel off to show all the detail and chrome, paint work to the underside.

beat taco
11-18-2012, 03:48 PM
He was showing off! Usual for my dad. It had a trick independent rear suspension with a coil over setup. He showed two cars for a number of years each winter. Here's the "A"

It also sported the "jag" rear end. What great times we had in these. Not sure if they had many safety features :)

bergermaister
11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Just spent half the day at the doctor's offices and unfortunately confirmed that I have moderate-to-severe hearing loss in my right ear for higher frequencies that is permanent. The ringing in the ear will most likely be permanent as well. Nothing specific brought this on. Just started a few months ago and hasn't stopped. All the various prescriptions did absolutely nothing.

They're suggesting an MRI to rule out the possibility of a tumor somewhere in the nerves on that side since I'm a bit young to be losing hearing and have it be so far off from the left side results. I guess my reckless youth is starting to catch up to me.

Was also warned I need to be careful to preserve the hearing I've got left. Guess I can scratch new tower speakers off the list... :(

rdlangston13
11-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Berg, I'm 25 and have been fighting this for about 5 years now

bergermaister
11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Dang David, that sucks. Has it gotten any better or worse over that time? I'm still trying to get used to the idea. Not very happy about it.

jpetty3023
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
prayers sent for both David and Berg. I also have some hearing loss due to shooting without ear pro for many years however no ringing, just don't hear real well. my condolences for both of you brothers.

sent from my home phone

beat taco
11-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Prayers lifted brothers!

rdlangston13
11-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Pretty sure mine is due to shooting w/o hearing protection and NASCAR races. It's only the left ear though. In fact I can pin point the loss and ringing to one specific event and I even have it on video if I can find it.

Stupid AR-15

bergermaister
11-27-2012, 02:13 AM
The doctor interviewed me for quite a while through my life history of "oops" events from Metallica concerts to trap shooting to head first wipeouts, oh and a few top fuel dragstrip close encounters - similar to Nascar I'm sure. None of that left any lasting effect, at least at the time. I think I can deal with the loss of hearing - the ringing may slowly drive me insane though.

wolfeman131
11-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry to read about the issues with the hearing loss for you guys.

If you're out recreational shooting a thumper like an AR, or even hunting in some states, get a silencer!

http://www.advanced-armament.com/

jpetty3023
11-27-2012, 10:07 AM
have to do some paperwork in Texas first, but it is a good option if you wanna deal with the red tape:

“The regulation change does not relieve any person of the obligation to comply with applicable federal, state, or local law governing the possession or use of firearm silencers. Firearms silencers are regulated under the National Firearms Act. They are legal for individuals to possess and use for lawful purposes in 39 states, including Texas. However, a prospective user must go through an application process administered by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), which requires a Federal tax payment of $200 and a thorough criminal background check.”

beat taco
12-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Obviously this is a horrible day! Those families need all the prayers we can give them!

wolfeman131
12-14-2012, 04:32 PM
No doubt, there Jake. It's makes me disgusted, sad and angry.