PDA

View Full Version : Y fitting for heater install

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-09-2011, 12:01 PM
with the heater group buy i got the y fitting also and when they sent it there is no instructions letting me know how to use this beast.
from what i understand about it it doesn't matter where i hook the lines up on the heater is that correct? supply line is coming from the head of the engine and the return line goes into water pump but what line does the fitting go onto and where to i y it off to?

any help would be great suppose to be 79 degrees tomorrow and i really wanna get out to the lake lol

mcdye
04-09-2011, 01:13 PM
The hose hookup on the heater box does not not matter.

If one used the Y fitting you would not have a return to the engine. It would return to the Y. The Y would be spliced into the 1.25 hose prior to the fresh water impeller. It is turned so one would have a siphoning effect pulling the water from the heater box.

Here is a thread about a install and then changed to add the Y adapter.
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=54184&highlight=heater

If the above thread doesnt answer your questions, send me a PM.

jmvotto
05-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Anyone have a pic of the "Y" install on a moomba v drive. I just want to verify where the raw water intake is when i cut that hose and install the "y" fitting.

I assume on the v drive its at the stern of the boat. please correct me if i am wrong. i dont want to make a mistake.

pics would be helpful. the detailed impellar change thread vanished i think

gus 08 mobius lsv
05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
i know this doesn't help you much but i bought the y fitting but installed heater with out it for now. after talking to a few people they claim their heater worked great without it and i figure i don't need heat unless i moving so i decided to take the chance and not hook it up yet. just a thought

jmvotto
05-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I was thinking just that. I just install the dual rule pump fill off the oem intake, I think under that is where I would add the "y" or back towards the stearn further. Very very tight in the obv....