PDA

View Full Version : No go first time out on brand new 2010 LSV

corymat
04-08-2011, 10:03 PM
So we picked up our brand new 2010 LSV in November, fully winterized, the guy said we could just put it in the water and go when it got warmer. Well, we filled up the tank on the way today (did not add any extra stabilizer because we were told there was already stabilizer in the tank for winterizing) and launched. It started just fine, a bit rough but it idled fine after a minute or so. Try to give it any throttle though and it just does nothing. There's a little bit, enough that I could maneuver it back on to the trailer, but there's barely any power. All the gauges read fine, the V-drive light below the throttle is on, but according to plate that's normal - I never even got to 1200 rpm. Reading through these boards it sounds a bit like what has been described as vapor-lock. Could that be possible? I thought the fuel pump was moved into the tank on this model and that was supposed to ease that? Wondering if I should try again in the morning when it's cool or if I'm jeopardizing my boat and should just take it in. Kills me, we've been waiting 4 months for this day and this happens. Please, any advice?:cry:

jmvotto
04-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Is your moomba cruise in the on position.?

rdlangston13
04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
make sure your moomba cruise is in the OFF position

rdlangston13
04-08-2011, 10:35 PM
man jmvotto beat me to it by a minute!

corymat
04-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Now that I think about it, the cruise control did say "wakeboard". I didn't even give it a second thought because I had never even touched it. I thought it only took over once you hit a certain speed (sorry, I'm clearly a newbie to boat ownership). It's possible it was left on from when we were being walked through the features of the boat.

rdlangston13
04-08-2011, 10:51 PM
its fine, the first time that happened to me i did not know what was going on. let us know if that corrects the problem tomorrow!

scoot_gt
04-08-2011, 10:57 PM
So we picked up our brand new 2010 LSV in November, fully winterized, the guy said we could just put it in the water and go when it got warmer. Well, we filled up the tank on the way today (did not add any extra stabilizer because we were told there was already stabilizer in the tank for winterizing) and launched. It started just fine, a bit rough but it idled fine after a minute or so. Try to give it any throttle though and it just does nothing. There's a little bit, enough that I could maneuver it back on to the trailer, but there's barely any power. All the gauges read fine, the V-drive light below the throttle is on, but according to plate that's normal - I never even got to 1200 rpm. Reading through these boards it sounds a bit like what has been described as vapor-lock. Could that be possible? I thought the fuel pump was moved into the tank on this model and that was supposed to ease that? Wondering if I should try again in the morning when it's cool or if I'm jeopardizing my boat and should just take it in. Kills me, we've been waiting 4 months for this day and this happens. Please, any advice?:cry:

Could be water in the gas or bad gas after sitting all winter...? Vapor lock is unlikely, you typically need to run the boat hard and increase the engine compartment temperature.

skiyaker
04-08-2011, 10:58 PM
hope that fixes it- usually wouldn't be vapor lock without running it hard for a while

you should have seen me the time my 4 year old tool the safety lanyard off and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start.

BTW welcome to the forum and where ya from?

corymat
04-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks, I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. I really hope it's something that simple. I did read the manual, even the one on the perfect pass, guess I missed that part.

I'm in Texas, at Lake Travis. That's why I was wondering about vapor lock because it was a pretty hot ride on the drive up (about 2 hours) and the tank was 1/4 full (with stabilizer) for most of that time. Then we filled up here but there's no place to get ethanol-free gas around. I was going to add Stabil-Blu but didn't want to overdo it since I don't know how much was mixed in with the 1/4 tank for winterizing.

rdlangston13
04-08-2011, 11:08 PM
well since you are here in Texas you should check out the Texas Moomba MiniJam we are having down at Bethy Creek on Lake Livingston! You are more than welcome to join and bring that new boat!

corymat
04-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks. When does that happen?

BensonWdby
04-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Pull the aircleaner off and make sure no mice have built a nest around your intake...

rdlangston13
04-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks. When does that happen?

july 15-17. bethy creek has a cable park to ride and its right on the mouth of the trinity river, supposedly glass for miles

corymat
04-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice, I really appreciate it. Turned out it was the cruise control. Turned it off and the boat ran like a dream the rest of the weekend. Water could have been warmer though...

pickle311
04-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Were you out on Travis? Water is 69 at the dam now, that's plenty warm enough for us.

kayjayfech
04-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Sounds a lot like you had the moomba cruise on. If it is vapor lock, there is a tire tube-like stem by the engine that you can press like you would let air of our tires, and gas will come spraying out. Do that a few times and then you should be good to go.