PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Flagship Ultimate Spray Detailer

wakeflip
04-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Is there anything chemical in this stuff that will hurt the vinyl? Im wiping down my whole boat with this stuff and my white vinyl has the notorious black foot prints from the swim deck. I just need something I can do a quick spray and wipe on the vinyl before I put the cover on for tonight and all I have is a whole bottle of this stuff.

wakeflip
04-07-2011, 10:05 PM
No body knows? I gotta put my boat up sometime tonight lol

brain_rinse
04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Don't do it. Just use a damp towel and maybe some mild soap/detergent.

jmvotto
04-08-2011, 08:21 AM
my dealer said and i think the manual states just basic fantasik spray.

Razzman
04-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't use Fantastik - check the web, you'll find plenty of reasons why not. Babes Seat Soap, vinyl cleaner, or mild soap and water.

Mikey
04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Fantastic was suggested to me as well by a local dealer just make sure it is amonia free.

Razzman
04-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Well use it if you want but just for the record Mastercraft issued a warning to owners and dealers alike, "DO NOT use Fantastik on vinyl, if you do your warrenty is null and void". Mastercraft claimed that it was breaking down the vinyl and stitching.

Malco or Awesome is a much safer and better product to use. Fantastik is a household cleaner that has chemicals not exactly friendly to boat surfaces. I'm just saying ... but it's your boat. :cool:

jmvotto
04-09-2011, 07:32 AM
I wouldn't use Fantastik - check the web, you'll find plenty of reasons why not. Babes Seat Soap, vinyl cleaner, or mild soap and water.
Fwiw I use babes, but in a pinch that was what was recommended.

Isn't. Mc leather and ours pleather... Lol. Jk

Razzman
04-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Fwiw I use babes, but in a pinch that was what was recommended.

Isn't. Mc leather and ours pleather... Lol. Jk

Hey pleather is in now! Lol!