PDA

View Full Version : Boat Bling

04-06-2011, 03:07 PM
When I got my Moomba XLV in 2008 i ordered a bunch of the Boat Bling Products (Hot Sauce, Vinyl sauce, etc..) They work amazing and when you buy in bulk they are really cheap. 3 years later the boat looks new. And smells good too.

Anyways I went to order a new 2 year supply and the shipping was high for canada. I emailed them and the owner emailed me right back, and then gave me a smoking deal on the order and shipping! Talk about going above and beyond.

I promise I have nothing to do with the company just a customer who is passing on a link to a company with great products and the service to back it up.

http://www.boatbling.net/

Razzman
04-06-2011, 07:52 PM
don't they really stick it to you on the shipping - I hear UPS adds some bogus fee - Just curious

It's not a bogus fee, it's for real. They charge a duty on anything entering Canada. I know as I fought with FedEx for a year over a good deed I did for someone once, never again. The FedEx rep never said anything about a duty fee and when the reciever on the other end refused to pay, they came after me for an additional $80! I told 'em to pound sand and that i would sue if they pursued. They finally dropped it. Never again will i ship anything out of the lower 48!

DOCDRS
04-07-2011, 12:41 AM
they don't necessarily charge duty, but they do charge a brokerage fee and the hst. If you ship usps then the fees are nominal and maybe just hst,and sometimes not even that. It is odd that ups and fedex charge but not usps/canadapost

jamie_abb
04-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm practically a power buyer on ebay! More than half of all items come to my door with no HST or duty. Duty on the heater last year was like $30.

Happy shopping and shipping.

04-07-2011, 01:18 PM
When I contacted Patrick at Boat Bling about my order and about getting the items shipped to canada, even though it wasn't listed on their website as an option, he told me he always ships to canada via USPS to avoid all of the brokerage/duty fees for the customer and he gave me a great deal on the shipping too!

Ian Brantford
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
USPS is by far the cheapest. Canada Post brokerage is just $5. However, they cannot track it if its gets lost in the border crossing on within Canada.

The customs brokerage fee and higher shipping fee to cross the border don't have to be so high. The few vendors who ship by DHL are doing their customers a huge favour! Brokerage is a flat $7 and the shipping fee, while higher than with a lower-48 shipment, is still much lower than UPS or FedEx usually charge.

Most of the UPS and FedEx offices that are in US border towns with Canada are very familiar with Canadians drop-shipping their Web shopping orders there, marked "hold for pick up". Some formally advertise themselves as "shipping receivers" while others just know the drill and only charge a small fee (typically $5). The Ottawa-Ogdensburg drive is very easy.

Lake Bound
04-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I love the Boat Bling Products that is what I have used since the boat was new in 2002 and I agree everything looks like new. Now wish they would have made a product for the carpet as that has been an issue! Thank you Boat Bling for great products.

BoatBling1
04-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Hello Moomba owners! I've been a lurker on these boards for quite some time and thought today would be the day to introduce myself. My name is Zack and when I'm not at a local AZ lake with my '04 XLV GG I'm the operations director of Boat Bling.

I'd first like to say thank you to 501, Lake Bound, and the rest of our loyal customers! There are a ton of cleaning products on the market to choose from and we can't thank you enough for the continued support. The 2011 boating season has started off in a big way as we've been shipping both retail and wholesale orders all over the country. In fact, our newly redesigned bottles are hitting the shelves as I type...don't worry, the proven formulas inside are the same.

We're currently working out the details about running a discount for Moomba owners in the very near future. Stay tuned for the official announcement but until then, feel free to contact us directly with any questions, comments or concerns.

Thanks,

Zack Bale
[email protected]
800-846-4899

BoatBling1
04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I love the Boat Bling Products that is what I have used since the boat was new in 2002 and I agree everything looks like new. Now wish they would have made a product for the carpet as that has been an issue! Thank you Boat Bling for great products.

Try the Vinyl Sauce with a soft bristle brush on those stubborn carpet issues then rinse with clean water. It works as an excellent all purpose cleaner. At a boat show a few years ago we were approached by one of our customers who boats in Lake Havasu. He said that his 5 yr old had dropped a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the carpet (wrongside up :shock: ) while they were putting the boat away and was too scared to tell him. Fast forward 3 weeks of over 110* temps and the sandwich had become one with the carpet. It took a little elbow grease but he used vinyl sauce and water to clean up the mess.

dusty2221
04-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Any update on this discount? I would like to order some today!

04-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I just got my huge order yesterday, now all I need is warm weather. I got the "Stimulus package" so I should be good for a year or 2. The guys at Boat Bling are very friendly and they respond very fast to orders too. I would suggest contacting Patrick there.

dusty2221
04-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I shot Zack an email a few ago, I'll update when I hear back

spoon03
04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
I use 303 on the vinyl. I give my bi-annual waxing, but my baby lives in a garage so I don't do the between spray on detailer. I was thinking of getting some though.

I was debating on either the Boatbling or Babe's. Is either better than the other.

Oh, not trying hi-jack.

Lake Bound
04-27-2011, 11:00 AM
(Spoon03) I like Boat Blings Hot Sauce. I use it everytime the boat comes out of the water for the wipe down.

Razzman
04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
And I use Babes Boat Bright at the cleanup as soon as it's out of the water. With an all black hull you have to to detail or spots show immediately.

BoatBling1
04-27-2011, 06:46 PM
To my fellow Moomba owners...on behalf of Boat Bling, let me first say how much we appreciate your interest and continued support! While managing a growing business has its daily challenges, hearing the positive feedback from our loyal customers is all the reward we need to continue offering our premium cleaning products to keep your pride and joy looking her best. Although it took a few days longer than expected, we've added the Moomba owner's discount code to our website www.boatbling.net.

Simply place your order and enter the promotional code MOOMBA at checkout for a friends and family discount! I can't disclose the exact amount on a public forum but I can say that it's greater than 9.9% ;)

Thanks again for your continued support! I've had the pleasure of working with a few board members individually over the past week but as always, if anybody has questions about our products, placing an order, etc. please do not hesitate to contact me directly [email protected]

Lastly, once your order has been received please post up a before/after photo so we can all check out your immaculate ride!

rdlangston13
04-27-2011, 07:53 PM
ok, just filled out my order for some Boat Bling using the promo code. i will be super happy to get rid of those water spots after a weekend trip!

what do you recommend me to use to apply the different products?
i bought:
hot sauce
quicky sauce
vinyl sauce
pro sauce
and condition sauce

Canuckle Head
04-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Have you guys never tried using straight pickling vinegar and two cloths? One to apply and one to dry off. Removes water spots like you wouldn't believe.

kennedy
04-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I just ordered THE EVERYTHING PKG.

I am always in to try something new to keep the boat looking the best.

I will keep you posted on my thoughts of the product.

bzubke1
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I used half vinegar half water in a spray bottle. I recently started using babes boat bright. The vinegar mix works a little better for taking off water spots but also takes off wax. Babes leaves the boat shinier and is supposed to protect against UV which is important to me being in texas I don't want that shiniy red gelcoat turning chalky.

04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
The great thing about the Boat Bling hot sauce is it removes all your hard water spots AND adds wax as well. Plus the smell can't be beat. Friends who help whipe down my boat on a regular basis love the smell. Maybe because it reminds them of the great times.

Razzman
04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
The great thing about the Boat Bling hot sauce is it removes all your hard water spots AND adds wax as well. Plus the smell can't be beat. Friends who help whipe down my boat on a regular basis love the smell. Maybe because it reminds them of the great times.

What's it smell like? tequila? :p

rdlangston13
04-27-2011, 09:32 PM
last outing we took it to a car wash when we pulled it out of the water and i was still fighting water spots! i hope the hotsauce works well. i bought everything in 1 quart bottles to try it out and cause if i like it i get a spray bottle to refill :-)

bzubke, you going to larry joe taylor at all this week?

bzubke1
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
No, not this year. I have to work all weekend and too much school stuff to do with finals coming up.

mmandley
04-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Another tip is if you keep the boat in the garage, use the 50/50 vinegar and water mix to spray the carpets down, and your garage down and you wont have spiders. I use it on the carpets to detour spiders from making a home in the boat and i have found it also stop mildew from returning. I use it in the engine area mostly as thats were i get milder from the engine heat and water in the bilge.

rdlangston13
05-03-2011, 08:06 PM
So I just got off the phone with my girl. Apparently the FedEx man paid a visit today, got my air bags for the truck and my Boat Bling order!

Ready to go home! One week left till the boat is shiny clean!

BoatBling1
05-06-2011, 07:08 PM
So I just got off the phone with my girl. Apparently the FedEx man paid a visit today, got my air bags for the truck and my Boat Bling order!

Ready to go home! One week left till the boat is shiny clean!

Sounds like you're truck will be sitting level towing a spotless boat. Can't think of too many things better than that! Here's a quick run down on how to get the most of your newly delivered products:

Hot Sauce - Used every trip. Applied as you would any other spray detailer when wiping down the boat. I mist about a 3-4' section at a time before wiping with a clean microfiber. It may be applied immediately while boat is wet or anytime afterward with the same results. Will leave a very slick surface similar to the "just-waxed" feel.

Vinyl Sauce - Used every trip. Spray directly onto vinyl surface and wipe with a damp, clean microfiber. For quick cleanup when the interior didn't get too dirty spray directly onto damp microfiber and wipe down viny surfaces. On stubborn areas, stitching, or when dirt/grime is deep in vinyl creases use a soft bristle brush after spraying product before wiping clean with damp microfiber.

Condition Sauce - Follow up to the vinyl sauce to ensure interior is protected from UV radiation and to maintain soft feel. Used every few trips or after deep interior cleaning, not necessary to use every time. Also recommended for tires and plastics. Spray directly on surface and wipe off excess. Allow to dry a few min after application before getting wet (could be slippery for kids, etc).

Quickie Sauce - Pure silicone polymer wax (non-carnuba) which lasts about 5-6 trips or about 2 months depending on use. Shake vigorously before spraying onto gel coat surface. Apply with a clean microfiber or orbital buffer and allow to dry to haze. I begin at a corner, work my way around boat then use a 2nd clean microfiber to buff off. Should take very little effort to buff off when dry.

Pro Sauce - Thick, cleaner wax with silicon polymer base (non-carnuba). Should last about 3-4 months depending on use. I personally put a coat on in beginning and mid season due to the extreme conditions in AZ and my boat is in the water 2x/week. Apply with a clean microfiber or orbital buffer and buff with a 2nd clean microfiber. Good for light oxidation, minor surface scratches, and swirl marks.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!! Cleaning up the rig can be just as rewarding as a day on the lake...for me anyway ;)

rdlangston13
05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the info! I will run to the auto parts store as soon as I get home and get the micro fiber clothes to apply. Ill probably wipe her down first thing as well.

kennedy
05-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I just ordered THE EVERYTHING PKG.

I am always in to try something new to keep the boat looking the best.

I will keep you posted on my thoughts of the product.

VERY FAST DELIVERY!!

I will order more product again!!

WaterBullDawg1980
05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
VERY FAST DELIVERY!!

I will order more product again!!

Nice! I ordered my products on Friday, cannot wait until they get here!

moombabound
05-11-2011, 11:32 AM
These guys and their products are both top notch!

1) A friend let me try Hot Sauce. Simply terrific. Better than anything else I'd used. He had purchased it via Malibu group buy. Not avail locally via retail.

2) When my wife was in AZ in Nov., was going to get her to drop into the local, BB listed retailer to pick up some, but the # was out of service when I was going to check to ensure they had supply. Contacted BB. Turns out Patrick lives in the area and offered to meet up to do the hand off, which he did. (My wife spared me the details, but I gather there was some mix-up, so really appreciate Patrick's effort). I have it back in Cda duty/shipping free.

The ice left one of the warmer/shallower lakes 3 days ago, so hoping my lake clears soon and I'll get a chance to use the stuff.

trevormcfar
05-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Sounds like a great product... Is there anything like this in Canada... Very expensive to ship to Alberta... ($100.00 order turns into $150.00 with shipping). Would like to try it but cant justify the price of shipping.... Any alternatives or other suggestions to try and keep the water spots off?