PDA

View Full Version : Kaneboats visit

moombadaze
04-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Kaneboats was kind enough to make our place a stop on his spring break for a night and day.

Did a little surfing and then broke out the tubes to keep the kidos happy-for some strange reason we did not get any surf pics but a couple of the tubes

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0065.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0071.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0081.jpg

kaneboats
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I think he meant to say he was kind enough to feed us, let us stay and then take us out in the boat. I was kind enough to lighten his cooler. Moombadaze is the absolute best host around. It was the best day of our vacation and I would like to publicly thank him and his family for entertaining us.

jmvotto
04-11-2011, 04:34 PM
That is great when that happens... friends via the web...

rdlangston13
04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
That is great when that happens... friends via the web...

my girl friend thinks im weird hanging out with people i meet on the forum...

kaneboats
04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
When we went to the Atlanta Jam back in 2008 we were going to meet up with the Moombadaze family for the first time at a campground on Lake Lanier. My then 14 y/o daughter asked, "Does anyone think its strange that we are taking a vacation with people we met on the internet?" How do you explain to a kid that a family boating site is different from a typical chat room? Anyway, we got to be the best of friends. I've made friends with countless people on here and they've all been pretty great. LLTR!

rc5695
04-12-2011, 11:58 AM
I've been getting together with guys I've met on forums for riding dirtbikes, streetbikes, and 4wd's for years. Mostly great people...Always the occasional jerk, but they seem to be few & far between for the most part. I look forward to meeting some of y'all on this site someday ;)

wolfeman131
04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
When we went to the Atlanta Jam back in 2008 we were going to meet up with the Moombadaze family for the first time at a campground on Lake Lanier. My then 14 y/o daughter asked, "Does anyone think its strange that we are taking a vacation with people we met on the internet?" How do you explain to a kid that a family boating site is different from a typical chat room? Anyway, we got to be the best of friends. I've made friends with countless people on here and they've all been pretty great. LLTR!

he, he, he . . . .

I got a similar question from my wife when I invited you & daze to come up & camp in our yard 2 yrs ago. I got the whole, "What do you know about them? What do we do if we don't like them? Do they really have 6 kids?!?!"

Now our summer plans revolve around having your families hang out with us at the lake. Good times ahead.

kaneboats
04-13-2011, 01:01 PM
LOL!!! I had a conversation with Daze right before we headed up there two years ago:

What if they're weird?
We can always go to the campground.

Turned out we were the weird ones.

moombadaze
04-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I'd say were pretty much peas from the same pod.