PDA

View Full Version : heater install

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
i ran into a little snag i've looked at al's heater install about 50 times for help but here is my issue where he and some others have installed the heater unit is where my aftermarket sub box is installed. i can't really move it anywhere else because of clearance issues it was fitted for that area. so any other ideas as to where i can put mine open to all opinions. thanks

11 Outback V
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Most likely there is room behind your sub enclosure.
If that option doesnt work you can put that thing anywhere that you have room, given your hoses will reach.

You are only limited by what you can think of.....

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Most likely there is room behind your sub enclosure.
If that option doesnt work you can put that thing anywhere that you have room, given your hoses will reach.

You are only limited by what you can think of.....

i won't have room for it behind the sub because all the hot tubes coming off the top and i also have the 4 vent with one vent fixed. i know there were two group buys for the heaters so i was hoping to get some of those guys ideas as to where they put them.

also worried if i get a leak in the heater system i don't want it to ruin my sub if they are right beside each other so that is one of my issues too

Razzman
04-03-2011, 01:54 PM
My factory heater is installed on the other side of the drivers hump, below and behind the starboard seat cushion. I have the Exile LSV sub box, biggest there is and it works fine. You have to have the hot tube openings facing forward towards the bow. You'll need long lengths of hit tube to run over the top or sides of the sub box to where they terminate.

Assuming you'll have two outlets in the bow walkway like factory they should be above the sub box. You'll have to fix one under the dash somehow and the other run behind the starboard side coaming then under the drivers seat to the starboard seat base. In essence there is no other location you can put the core and still have all the outlets where they need to be imo.

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-03-2011, 03:10 PM
ok thanks razz i was kinda thinking this was my only option if i wanna keep them both in that area and i like that idea as well. no issue of a leaking heater core or burst line to ruin the sub ?? that was one of my concerns.

don't i want the hot tubes facing up instead forward ??

how much does the lsv box and sub cost assuming i don't need a new amp or wiring to power it?

mcdye
04-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Not sure what year they removed the hump, on my '10 (with factory sub) there is a 90' channel brace on the floor that runs up the wall of the walk thru. I placed mine in front of the brace. I wanted to turn the port holes of the box upward, I thought making some blocks to fasten to the floor to get the box up higher, but I called back and order the longer brackets. I am all done except for the engine hook up. Need some hole saws? :)

gus 08 mobius lsv
04-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Not sure what year they removed the hump, on my '10 (with factory sub) there is a 90' channel brace on the floor that runs up the wall of the walk thru. I placed mine in front of the brace. I wanted to turn the port holes of the box upward, I thought making some blocks to fasten to the floor to get the box up higher, but I called back and order the longer brackets. I am all done except for the engine hook up. Need some hole saws? :)

i have the hump on mine. pics would be great. i actually have a really good set of hole saws already but thanks for the offer.

mcdye
04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
I can grab a pix, but since you have the hump, the 2 threads in the HowTo section is how I would mount the box with the ports pointing up. On my '02 that is how it was mounted also.