PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

11 Outback V
04-02-2011, 07:17 PM
The FedEx guy was so nice tome today. He dropped off a new toy for me to play with.
Anybody want to guess what it is?
If you have seen my prior threads you might be able to guess.
I will post pics shortly..:cool::cool:

Todd

moombadaze
04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
2500lb balast bag????

11 Outback V
04-02-2011, 09:38 PM
you are on the right track but the bags are still being worked out by wakemakers.

11 Outback V
04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Wow 102 views and only 1 guess? I suppose I can wait another day to post the pics.

deerfield
04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Wow 102 views and only 1 guess?

Found this list of things you sold. My guess is a replacement for one of the items. My guess: New bimini top?

Steering wheel
Factory Kicker speakers
Factory 200.4 Kicker Amp
Factory Bimini top
Factory Graphics package
Trailer jack
Trailer winch

trebor-75
04-03-2011, 09:54 PM
hmmm... someones gotta do it. I guess Elmo's Revenge!! :)

wolfeman131
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Deerfield, I think he already has the Monster Cargo installed, so I don't think the bimini guess is going to win.

I'm guessing that it's two, custom made ballast bags that fill the rear compartments and run up under the seats, kinda like the enzo bag.

moombadaze
04-04-2011, 07:19 AM
^^ that would be amazing to get them made that fast and shipped.

sandm
04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
new pumps and hoses for a new ballast system that fills the sacs that are being custom made quicker.

skiyaker
04-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Ed's surfboards and ballast bags

11 Outback V
04-04-2011, 06:27 PM
No I havent been able to find Elmo, but when I do it will be mine again.

Ballast bags are in the hands of wakemakers, designing and pricing

A second set of pumps will be added to aid in the fill and dump of the bigger bags

The cargo top is installed.

Buying things from Ed seems to be very difficult, he doesnt want to do any work on the sale end and want toooo much money for things because it comes from his "unknown to me" boat, or he got it for free and wants to sell it.:rolleyes:

So the new toy is an Inland Surfer Swallow Full Carbon and I am still waiting on the skim style board to arrive, hopefully any day

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/shouldihaveone/is2.jpg

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/shouldihaveone/is1.jpg

rdlangston13
04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
i need to get one of those!

wolfeman131
04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Wow! That is one nice looking board. But, I'm thinking it would look better on my blue boat than your white one. I'll send you my address so you can forward it on to me.

viking
04-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow - nice toy. How's it ride on the kitchen floor? :)

11 Outback V
04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
It will be at the mini jam, guaranteed on sunday:p

That was in the living room, waiting on trying it in the kitchen, wife is in there cooking dinner and she is tough

moombadaze
04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
That is a nice looking board, Glad to hear your going to make it sunday

jstenger
04-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Can you add a pic of the cargo top and how it was installed? What did you do with the hardware holes in the tower and the fiberglass from the factory bimini?

Thanks

wolfeman131
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
jstenger - here is an entire thread on the Monster Cargo install from my basic one to where others have made improvements/mods.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10144&highlight=monster+cargo

for the holes in the tower from the OEM bimini, I installled stainless rivets and in the white fiberglass on the deck I installed painted white rivets.

04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
That is a sweet looking board. We have a new surfer too just waiting to go for a shred too, Slingshot Arcane!

moombadaze
04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
that is nice looking board-should be loads of fun

moombadaze
04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
glad thats over with cause I would hate to ban both of you :D and that might be awkward

zabooda
04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
All I can say is........ouch.

jmvotto
04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Fwiw I like that IS board....

KG's Supra24
04-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Fwiw I like that IS board....

Me too ... any chance i could get a free one? :rolleyes: :p

philwsailz
04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
For the record, Ed talked me out of free stuff and t-shirts to be shown on a prop test thread (pics that I have never seen; probably need to dig for that thread to see if I can find it). Then he bought some speakers right before I found out he didn't actually work for Skier's Choice. Had I known he was not affiliated directly with Skier's I would have referrred him to a local retailer.

Kicker does not sell mobile, (marine and/or car) audio direct to consumers, and we don't do freebies for forum moderators, (sorry to the rest of the moderators! :D).

Kicker has never given Ed anything directly for his own use, except for maybe a sticker :D.

Hopefully this clears the air a little, at least on our part...

FYI-

Phil
Kicker

sandm
04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
not wanting to add fuel, my .02...

ed-as a moderator, you take on more responsibility to frequent these boards and your actions are more closely watched. like it or not, it comes with the "job". that being said, you really need to be VERY TRANSPARENT on what you do/say on these boards. that should come with the "job" of being a mod. if wakekite gives you something and you go to sell it, your posts should be very transparent as to where you obtained, where the cash is going, and what your intentions are. I know that I assumed kicker gave you the speakers as I don't remember seeing a thread stating otherwise, and if there was, chances are you deleted it during one of your "cleanup" sessions(exactly why a mod should not EVER delete threads), however based on what phil has stated, it clears up the issue and shows that it was above board, however that story should have come out in the beginning and should have been mentioned during the sale(again transparency).

you talk all the time about being an ambassador for boating and are plugging skiers choice every chance you get, which is very good for the company/industry, but remember that this is a free board sponsored and owned by, not YOU, but by skiers choice and your actions can be viewed as a representative of skiers choice, like it or not.

keep that in mind. seems that this exact same issue has come up several times in the last few weeks, and right, wrong, or indifferent, you should be expected to be above board as a mod on here.

<end rant> :)

11 outback, that board is sweet. I really like the colors, although it's going to stand out like a neon light on that solid white boat.. :)

sandm
04-05-2011, 05:01 PM
sometimes.. ;)

skiyaker
04-05-2011, 05:56 PM
holy moly I hope this is not my fault. I was only joking about buying Ed's stuff but by no means did I intend to cause distress amongst the Moomba brethren. I'm just here to share my passion for and ideas about boating.

I do think, however, that whomever on the board works for wise snacks should supply free cheddar popcorn for the midwest minijam. I promise I'll eat it and not resell it.

wolfeman131
04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I do think, however, that whomever on the board works for wise snacks should supply free cheddar popcorn for the midwest minijam. I promise I'll eat it and not resell it.

You get a date and place confirmed, have a spot open for me on your boat and I'll be there with the free Wise White Cheddar Popcorn.

Wanna guess who the Wise Guy is? :p

ian ashton
04-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Man, the turn this thread has taken had me thinking I was reading on WW for a minute...

trebor-75
04-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Well I hate to change the subject, but 11 Outback, I have a friend who has a home on Lake Okoboji in northern Iowa. Today he was telling me about one of his neighbors boats and it sounds an awful lot like your old boat. White with some crazy colors... 2 engines... loud and FAST. I told him to snap some photos next time he sees it, but I doubt that he'll remember.

So if your still searching, I would definetly check out the Okoboji area.

PS - nice looking board!

newty
04-06-2011, 09:15 AM
not wanting to add fuel, my .02...

ed-as a moderator, you take on more responsibility to frequent these boards and your actions are more closely watched. like it or not, it comes with the "job". that being said, you really need to be VERY TRANSPARENT on what you do/say on these boards. that should come with the "job" of being a mod. if wakekite gives you something and you go to sell it, your posts should be very transparent as to where you obtained, where the cash is going, and what your intentions are. I know that I assumed kicker gave you the speakers as I don't remember seeing a thread stating otherwise, and if there was, chances are you deleted it during one of your "cleanup" sessions(exactly why a mod should not EVER delete threads), however based on what phil has stated, it clears up the issue and shows that it was above board, however that story should have come out in the beginning and should have been mentioned during the sale(again transparency).

you talk all the time about being an ambassador for boating and are plugging skiers choice every chance you get, which is very good for the company/industry, but remember that this is a free board sponsored and owned by, not YOU, but by skiers choice and your actions can be viewed as a representative of skiers choice, like it or not.

keep that in mind. seems that this exact same issue has come up several times in the last few weeks, and right, wrong, or indifferent, you should be expected to be above board as a mod on here.

Well said!

2007 Outback V
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
In the last few years, I probably recieved about 15 Inland Surfer boards. 12 of them were donated to the Reunions to be raffled off to a lucky owner and three including the one I just received, actually belong to Inland Surfer and are demo boards that anyone is welcome to try. I am an Inland Surfer Ambassador.

Ed, send a demo to me, I'd like to try an IS board :p. Tell IS to get some demos up to the northerners. I don't think too many people in around me know of IS, there are very few distributors locally. The ones IS has listed as distributors rarely have a board in stock. This translates to zero opportunity to demo them. At their price point, most including myself want to give them a try before the purchase.

11 Outback V, that board is HOT! Post some pics riding it! Also, I know I keep bothering you about the bimini pics, but I am eager to see what you did. When ever you get a chance, thanks.

sandm
04-06-2011, 01:24 PM
wasn't sled the northern guy for inland?

probably time for another...

KSmith
04-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Am I too late for the Ed bashing? Dagnabbit... I'm having a crummy day and was looking forward to roughing somebody up... Oh well, maybe next time, I'm sure I won't have long to wait :cool:

2007 Outback V
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Sled, yeah?? What happen to sled?

moombadaze
04-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Sled, yeah?? What happen to sled?

Had a email chat with him recently. Sled is alive and doing ok, livin large on his island. He is waiting for the ice to leave and will become the ski freak we all remember.

jmvotto
04-06-2011, 03:04 PM

I will volunteer:D

pick me, pick me.....lol

New Guy
04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Ed, send a demo to me, I'd like to try an IS board :p. Tell IS to get some demos up to the northerners. I don't think too many people in around me know of IS, there are very few distributors locally. The ones IS has listed as distributors rarely have a board in stock. This translates to zero opportunity to demo them. At their price point, most including myself want to give them a try before the purchase.

Yeah and when you are done with it you can send it over to me!

BTW where do you ride at?