PDA

View Full Version : I love my XLV but...

bpatters
01-26-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't know if I would ever recommend it to anyone now that it's been 7 months since I purchased my 2004 XLV.
The boat is awesome, no problems with it at all so far..

However It's basically impossible to buy extra's for it (except at bought purchase time):
Tower speakers
Tower lights
Wakeboard rack.

Because the damn tower is some weird size and I can't figure out what I can order that will fit it. I don't want to spend 2000 dollars on a set of sweet tower speakrs only to find out the mounts won't fit. Same for wakeboard racks etc.

Also even the Mako types which list moomba oval as a fitting option I don't feel comfortable ordering because aparently the Tower on the XLV is different than the other moombas.

I'm extremely frustrated because I'm totally unable to find out any of the information I need to order these items on the moomba web site, owners manual or even searching the web.

noneya
01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
What is the diameter of your tower? My Moomba doesnt have oval tubing, but it was a little difficult to find the 1 5/8" (i think thats right) clamps.

Sum
01-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Try www.monstertower.com

Bill sells universal clamps that will fit any tower up to a 2 1/2" diameter.

bpatters
01-26-2005, 06:26 PM
That's the problem. The diameter is slightly over 2.5 inches, it's an oval shape and it's like almost totally unique and no universal mounts fit it that I know of.

I bought the sky trakker with a universal mount that is suppose to fit up all towers up to 2.5 inch diameter but it didn't fit and I had to end up tieing it on.

Your replies are exactly the questions I have been unable to get answered. And I don't order universal mounts because the one universal mount I did order didn't fit.

I'm frustrated to the point where I don't think i'll recommend buying the boat anymore.

smokedog2
01-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Relax, you are clearly not cut out for mechanical work if you are surprised when you go to put in the bolts and all the holes are gone. (E.g. Johnny Cash, One Piece at a Time)

Rule 1: All projects take twice as long and twice as much money as anticipated.
Rule 2: Once educated on how to properly anticipate your project, you will find that rule 1 still applies.

Go to dealer, order racks, lights, speakers, valium. Let the dealer turn a buck and install them. Then go ride around in the biggest baddest boat on the lake, finally equipped like it should have been to begin with.

I would be disappointed in SC if they let the existing aftermarket designs drive their R&D parameters.

If you cannot get said parts from SC for dealer to install, then I would be pissed. It is hardly their responsibility or ability to manage the brand x aftermarket supply chain.

My $.02, worth what you paid for it, or in your case, probably a little less

:p

SD2

noneya
01-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Mako says they have clamps available for your tower.

Do ya'll have clamps that are compatable with the Moomba XLV's weird oval
2.5"+ tower?

Yes we do have collars that fit the supra oval tube. Let me know if you need
any other information.

Regards,

Kris
Sales Department
Mako Industries LLC