PDA

View Full Version : It begins.........

Shooter
03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
After searching and reading on here for days I finally decided to make my first mod to my 07 LSV. Just hung up the phone with JT at Nettle Props. Great guy and after answering all of my questions and listening to my concerns he is sticking me a new ACME 1433 in the mail. Not sure why I decided to go with the prop first, but here we go. Ballast upgrade is next!

E4NASH
03-29-2011, 12:56 PM
After searching and reading on here for days I finally decided to make my first mod to my 07 LSV. Just hung up the phone with JT at Nettle Props. Great guy and after answering all of my questions and listening to my concerns he is sticking me a new ACME 1433 in the mail. Not sure why I decided to go with the prop first, but here we go. Ballast upgrade is next!

What are the benefits of using this prop over any of the other's out there?

Shooter
03-29-2011, 01:29 PM
What are the benefits of using this prop over any of the other's out there?

I typed prop into the search and read for over 2 days. Lots of info available. I don't want to speak out of turn since I have not even seen the prop yet, but the 1433 and the 1235, both by ACME, seem to be the favorites among the members here.

What I'm hoping for is a little cleaner wake and better pull out of the hole. Also hoping to not completely kill the top end cause I do pull the occasional barefooter.

sandm
03-29-2011, 02:53 PM
you will get a TON out of the hole from either prop, but you will lose on the top end.

It was the best mod I have done for the boat sans the stereo upgrades. from a performance standpoint, your boat will feel like a new one..

you da man
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I gained topend speed with the 1235 prop. Also, much cleaner prop wash in the center of the wake, better holeshot, more quiet inside the boat, but the thing I liked the most and my girlfriend noticed was that it eliminated all vibration that could be felt as driver or passenger. My girlfriend literally said, "oh wow" within the first 30 seconds of hitting the throttle at the "no wake" buoy. I know some went with the 1433 due to trailer clearance issues but with the 1235 I still have at least 1 1/2" of clearance.

Shooter
03-29-2011, 05:09 PM
you will get a TON out of the hole from either prop, but you will lose on the top end.

It was the best mod I have done for the boat sans the stereo upgrades. from a performance standpoint, your boat will feel like a new one..

I saw that post about being the "best mod" over and over while searching. guess that's why I went with the prop first. I can't wait, already received the shipping confirmation. should have it on for the weekend!!

sandm
03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
def. let us know your initial reactions once you have it on. it's not quite as noticeable when the boat is empty, but fill up all the sacs and you will see :)

Shooter
04-01-2011, 08:03 PM
changed out the prop this morning. Was a bit surprised, it wasn't as tuff a job as I had expected. the old one popped right off.

here's a pic of the two side by side. hadn't noticed one of them together on the site.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/Shooter271/prop.jpg

and the finished product. Will get her on the lake Sunday.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/Shooter271/prop2.jpg

TL7
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
You do realize you put it on backwards......

April Fools!

Shooter
04-01-2011, 09:48 PM
that just wasn't right! I looked at that thing a dozen times before i put it on..........triple checked it once I slid it over the shaft, had Nettle's on the phone and everything.....and my heart still skipped a beat when I read that.

wolfeman131
04-01-2011, 10:24 PM
well played TL7. well played.

Grant M
04-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Great photo's, what size was your original prop on your Supra???

Shooter
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Was able to get it on the water yesterday. The diff is very noticable. It gets out of the hole empty a good deal faster, and with the stock grav III full it still gets up faster that it did empty with the stock prop. Wasn't able to check top end speed since it was rather choppy out on the open lake and the hideaways that were smoother had a few boats in them. Very happy with it so far.

rdlangston13
04-04-2011, 06:26 PM
man i really want to upgrade to that prop but right now im having to deal with buying a new tow vehicle due to a wreck and at the same time i still need to get a wakeboard and surfboard. maybe prop will be next summer