PDA

View Full Version : The Weekend

jmb
03-27-2011, 09:18 PM
My weekend wasn't worth a crap, boat wise. Weather was crap and had to stay home. Shampooed the carpet in the boat. Hope everyone had a better weekend than mine. I'm sure someone made it out.

rdlangston13
03-28-2011, 02:08 AM
we made it out! had a blast and 02 Outback joined us and took some awesome pictures!

in the bubble
03-28-2011, 05:32 AM
The Bubble held out on Saturday for surfing and just a little on Sunday for the same.

skiyaker
03-28-2011, 06:50 AM
I spent the weekend making sure the garage stayed warm enough to keep the boat from freezing. This is really an unusual spring for us so far. We're having lows in the 20s this week. Usually by March Madness we're having some days in the 70s and last year by now we had water temps in the low 50s. Good thing my wife picked up a pair of O'neil dry socks for me.

moombadaze
03-28-2011, 07:23 AM
had one my best surf runs this weekend-few xtra bodies in the boat and I think this was my best wave ever, weather was perfect, but then the wind came :mad:.

rdlangston13
03-28-2011, 09:08 AM
it was in the mid 80s down here with a water temp of about 67 on saturday. felt cold to jump in but you got used to it. sunday the air temp dropped to the mid to lower sixties so getting in the water actually felt warm. broke out some wetsuits on sunday and still had a blast despite the over cast

ps i got an anchor buddy last week and was about to try it out this weekend, so far pretty impressed with this product. when i woke up sunday morning the boat was right were i left it! lol

kaneboats
03-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I got to surf yesterday in someone else's boat on someone else's board. It was very relaxing. We had a great day to cap off a week long vacation. Thanks, Moombadaze!

jmb
03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Glad to hear some people had some good weather. The weather looks better for this weekend. Hope we all have a good weekend!

harmsway
03-28-2011, 10:07 PM
This weekend was a wash here. Mid 40's and rain. It actually sleeted this morning. Hopefully this Saturday could be a go mid 70's, but knowing the weather man he'll be wrong.

deerfield
03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
jmb - I'm eating my way through Tuscaloosa. Just had dinner at the Cypress Inn. Man, that was good. Blackened cat fish. It's not on the menu, but the kitchen made it any way because I told them it was Jesse's recommendation. For lunch tomorrow I want to go to a BBQ place called Archibald & Woodward. And, hey, the weather here is not so bad. Compared to Chicago which we left on Saturday morning, Tuscaloosa is real comfortable. Get out in that boat! - Deerfield

jmb
03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I am hitting the lake Saturday and Sunday both. 70 on Saturday and 78 on Sunday. Plan on wearing it out. You will like Archibalds BBQ too, Deerfield. Hope you enjoyed it here. Not a bad place considering I am a Washington State Yankee. I do like the weather. Get about 8 months out of the year on the water. Not bad. Got to take a break sometime I guess.

deerfield
03-29-2011, 10:20 PM
jmb - For dinner this evening we went to Moe's on University Boulevard. Enjoyed a plate of wings, baked beans, and potato salad. Good. Just a great town. We toured campus earlier today. Never got to Archibald & Woodwards. Next time. We leave in the morning for Tennessee and Skiers Choice factory tour. Sure hope you enjoy the weekend. - Deerfield

viking
03-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh boy Oh boy. Enjoy Deerfield. Sounds like alot of fun!

jmvotto
03-29-2011, 10:52 PM
22 degrees still a little snow high of 39 water temp about 37, still frozen in parts. Three weeks til I get the moomba. Spring better happen quick ...:confused:

wolfeman131
03-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Yo, JV - I'm in central PA this week and can't believe the amount of snow still on the ground! Can't wait to get back on the plane and head South! Hope you see the sun and some warmer temps soon.

jmvotto
03-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Drew, funny I just drove to Allentown and valley forge, yesterday and thought how nice it was. I have clients in Harrisburg and Hershey which is not to far from your pa plant. I t better get warm soon. I got mods to do, swim deck, heater and balast ibs..:D you here the whole week?

wolfeman131
03-30-2011, 09:00 AM
I'd put that heater install on the top of your list!

I'm outta here later today and heading for warmer temps.

jmb
03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Wish I was going to Skiers Choice. Maybe next winter I could arrange something with them to go through the factory or something. Weekend is supposed to get nice. I should be at the lake, no problem

kaneboats
03-31-2011, 10:03 AM
85 and sunny here on Sun. but I'm on a plane to Nashville on Sat. Uggghhh!!

E4NASH
03-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Two weeks ago we sat around the mid 80's from one weekend to the next. It's been cold here this week low to high 40's. This weekend it's supposed to be back in the upper 70's. But the best thing about this weeknd is I'm picking up my new (to me) boat this Saturday! This has been the longest week of my life...its only Thursday... :mad:

kaneboats
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Let's see some pics when you get it. Congrats!