PDA

View Full Version : ballast parts are coming to the NE

jmvotto
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks to wakemakers, flo-rite and batts racing deutch all ordered tuesday and orders are on thier way ;)

jmvotto
04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0139.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0140.jpg

Got all my gear to upgrade the ibs, 3/4 hose, 1 in hose, 6 wye's for vents and splits, lots of fat sac quick connects, new thru hulls, many deutch connectors for pumps, and a five port for fills on both end with two pumps, not pictured. And two rule empty pumps not pictured coming from dealer.Even got a 1 in quick connect some we can try the 750 in my buddys mc x45

New Guy
04-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Where did you get the manifold?

jmvotto
04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
direct from orbits water systems. i have the number and email at work i can send it to you if you like. most home depots in the south carry the stuff, no such luck up north.

http://www.orbitonline.com/products/Accessories/02/13/01/

sprinkler warehouse has some as well

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Dura-Valve-Manifold-Quad-Port-p/301-010-4.htm

New Guy
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Man I wish I would have seen this earlier before I ordered T's and couplers. Oh well.

jmvotto
04-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Doing some deutsch connectors prep work for the boat next week.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0142.jpg

brain_rinse
04-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Cool! Keep us updated with pics.

jmvotto
04-18-2011, 10:56 AM
anyone know if the fuse panel for the baalast pumps are at least 20 Amps?

I am adding two fill pumps at about 8 amps each..

mmandley
04-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I think they will handle a 20 amp fuse but im thinking they are 15. I am running 2 drains together and have no issues and i didn't change the fuse size.

jmvotto
04-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Just got the boat today, it friggin snow flurried on the way. anyhow. now that i have the boat, it looks like i wired my duetch plugs backwards how do you take these apart. i know newty did it on his transom light but i can't seem to find that thread.. I need to reverse my + - wye splices..errrrrr. i hate when i guess wrong on a rainy sunday......

I assume positive and negative matters on the fill and drain pumps....

brain_rinse
04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Yes, polarity matters on those. They will work either way but one way is much slower than the other. Not sure on how to take them apart, sorry.

kaneboats
04-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Are you adding another inlet through the bottom of just doing the "T" and 2 pumps like I did (& Newty)? I'm already ready to consider a third pump. It seems like it's taking 8-10 min. just to fill the surf bag.

kaneboats
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks. I just did some math:

750 lbs / 8.35 lbs/gal = 90 gal. (rounded)

1200 gal./hr = 20 gal./min.

So, it should take under 5 min. to fill the surf bag in a perfect world and about half that using 2 pumps.

Using 2 Rule 2000 (supposed to be 1200 gph), I guess 8-10 min. is really pretty darn good if you consider I'm using 3/4 hose and the water passes through a manifold and an Irritrol valve. Maybe I'll leave it alone and spend the money on BEER!

I'm going to recheck the polarity of the wires on the pumps just to be sure though. If one is pumping slowly that can affect the fill times significantly.

jmvotto
04-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Are you adding another inlet through the bottom of just doing the "T" and 2 pumps like I did (& Newty)? I'm already ready to consider a third pump. It seems like it's taking 8-10 min. just to fill the surf bag.

I am doing a T like you & newty did.

Ryan sent me a PM and i got those little buggers apart and reversed.

thanks Ryan.

JesseC
04-21-2011, 09:14 PM
With regards to the amperage of the fuses, you may want to consider adding relays in the engine compartment and steal the power source from the starter wire.

jmvotto
04-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Jesse, I have the gI wiring in place with relays as well as the gIII wiring and relays. I was just interested in those who added extra fill pumps from the same controls did they blow the fuse and or circuits . Your solution is way over my head I think....;)

kaneboats
04-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Nah, his solution makes perfect sense. Except for the fact none of us have ever blown a fuse running a couple pumps off that switch/circuit. If I ever have a problem I'll do exactly what Jesse suggested.

JesseC
04-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I did this to take the stress off of the switches. The power for the fill pump and evac pumps in my year LSV were routed through the switches. I built a bank of relays that are powered from the starter cable and re-routed all of the power for the pumps through the relays instead of the switches which allowed the switches to run much cooler and should extend their life.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10483
The above link has a section about the relays and power from my balast upgrade last year.

jmvotto
05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Help, I wired up some deutsch splitters to control both fill pumps. (page one of this thread on blue tarp). I left the G1 wiring in place and added the G111 wiring in its place last year, now i am using the old G1 for a bow sac.

??? both pumps work when when using the fill from any of the switches . When i use the fill switch on ay of the g111 panel the fill light illumintes of the g1 on the dash??? no lights the other way g1 fill ligts on no lights on g111 panel .

any thoughts on this would be apprciated.

cab13367
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
anyone know if the fuse panel for the baalast pumps are at least 20 Amps?

I am adding two fill pumps at about 8 amps each..

Joe,

I am pretty sure you will have to replace them with larger (amp capacity) fuses. I looked at my notes from my upgrade (I added two T-800's to the stock Rule) and I upgraded the fuses. Not sure of the exact details any more though.

Al

jmvotto
05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
al, thanks if i blow the fuse i will definately upgrade, but i assume they are pulling together off two seperate relays and fuses. we will see when i put it in the water.

on to the second question.. why would my g1 switch light up when the G!!! switches are placed in the fill postion. all four switches are wiring togethr to control the two fill pumps.

jmvotto
05-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Bump Help anyone on the second question?

why would the G1 factory fill switch light up when the fill switches on any three of the G111 factory wiring are pushed? I wye'd together the Deutsch plug to control the dual fill pumps. see my pic of the wiring above on the blue tarp.

Canuckle Head
05-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Bump Help anyone on the second question?

why would the G1 factory fill switch light up when the fill switches on any three of the G111 factory wiring are pushed? I wye'd together the Deutsch plug to control the dual fill pumps. see my pic of the wiring above on the blue tarp.

Hey Joe, did you ever figure this one out?

jmvotto
05-16-2011, 07:30 PM
nope, I hope to get to it this week if it every stops raining. They seem to work fine. Should be just a a different power, relay something or other..