PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico?

scotthons
03-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey all! I am a proud skier’s choice owner with an '06 Launch 21V. I just wanted to see if anyone here lives or frequents any of the lakes in New Mexico. We have our boat stored up at Navajo Lake and I have seen a couple of Moomba’s cruising around. I also saw a Moomba being towed in Albuquerque a couple of months ago. Kind of odd to see a boat in the dead of winter, but it looked real nice. Anyhow, if you do go to Navajo and see this boat please say hello. There are so few of us wakeboat owners in the state that it would be nice to meet some of you.

Thanks, Scott

brain_rinse
03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome, Scott! I love the 21v... great boat. Not many Moombas around my area either.

sandm
03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
spent a lot of time there as my mom lived in abq for 16 years. mostly up in sandia heights(beautiful view of downtown and the tram from her pad), but down along the rio for a while as well. played a lot of golf there but never boated. great golf courses on the reservations...
she dated a guy back in the 80's that had a boat. they spent a lot of time at some place called elephant butte. said it was real crowded during the summer..

welcome :)

kaneboats
03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Have some great friends near you and they are avid skiers, just not our kind. Gonna head out to visit them some year. Love the boat!

scotthons
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Have some great friends near you and they are avid skiers, just not our kind. Gonna head out to visit them some year. Love the boat!

Us water folk are definitely the minority out here. Although I saw a Tige today getting towed so that was inspiring to see. It's almost time to unwinterize and get back out there!