PDA

View Full Version : My first outing - NOT :(

viking
03-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Loaded up the boat and truck with all the gear and started to head out for the first run of the year - OH WAIT - I live in MT...........

So I just decided to mix up a beverage and sit in the boat daydreaming about a place with a little less "weather"

dusty2221
03-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow! I don't know how you guys do it up there!

you da man
03-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Sorry bro, been going out since Jan 31st here in Central Texas area. Never even fully winterized the boat this year.

Grant M
03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Loaded up the boat and truck with all the gear and started to head out for the first run of the year - OH WAIT - I live in MT...........

So I just decided to mix up a beverage and sit in the boat daydreaming about a place with a little less "weather"

We in the great white North feel your pain, another 1.5" of snow this week on top of the 3' we already have..... :cry:

zabooda
03-24-2011, 01:27 AM
I was out Saturday in Zodiacs doing dive rescue. 37 degrees and 4 mph current. Air temperature at 9AM: 50 degrees, no wind. It was still fun and saw about a dozen boats out fishing for salmon. The water was like glass.

KG's Supra24
03-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Way too cold. I live in AR and think about moving further south!

iwakeboard
03-24-2011, 09:43 AM
70's and 80's the past week here in East TN, then a tornado came through last night and brought us back to the 60's.

bergermaister
03-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Zabooda - any idea your water temp there and are you on the Snake or Columbia?

My brother is a big time fisherman and he's telling me the Columbia is just over 40 degrees at the I-5 bridge here between Vancouver and Portland. I find that kinda hard to believe...

Viking - feel your pain man. Can't tell you how many hours I've spent sitting in the boat, beer in hand, coat on, running the batteries down messing with the stereo and daydreaming all the while I can see my breath in the air...

sandm
03-24-2011, 10:08 AM
feel ya viking. nothing but 50's and rain the next 7 days here. better than snow, but still not able to get out.
hoping for a 70deg day before mid april to shake all the bugs out..

stupid groundhog is a liar :)

rdlangston13
03-24-2011, 11:11 AM
I think I am going camping this weekend. It will be my first outing of the year.

New Guy
03-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I definitely know the feeling. Yesterday we had a freak storm in WI that dumped over a 1.5 feet. Damn Mother Nature, she better be good to us in October.

zabooda
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Berger, looks like the Snake is 43 degrees at Ice Harbor dam and the Columbia was 41 degrees. The dive team were down at 15 feet where it was 37 degrees.

I would say your brother is correct and the Corps site is usually a good source of info but the Bonneville Dam temp is missing at this time.

http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/ftppub/water_quality/ihr.txt
http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/ftppub/water_quality/paqw.txt
http://www.nwd-wc.usace.army.mil/report/columbia.htm

viking
03-24-2011, 06:46 PM
As crazy as it was 2 days ago it's 45 now and most of the snow is melted off. Hoping to get out sometime mid-April if I'm lucky? We'll see.

I'll be taking some time off during the summer for sure. Gotta make up for a short season:D

viking
04-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Almost a month later and this is what I woke up to this morning :mad:

bergermaister
04-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Feel your pain bro - I'm ready to move south as well...

Sunny here the last few days but 30's overnight and frosty in the mornings. I went down to my boat launch yesterday at lunch and the water is still pretty high and muddy - you'd have to wade out a few feet to get to the on-ramp for one of the docks.

I'm out there wearing shorts and a t-shirt while the fisherman are pulling up with their big camo winter coats on looking at me like I just escaped the funnyfarm.