PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart black box remotes WRC-S2

Gas2high
03-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Would anyone happen two know how many wired remotes the MB Quart black box will support? I have a 2010 Outback V which came with the black box main unit which is connected to a main controller which is in the glove box, it also has a WRC-S2 wired remote at the drivers console. I bought the (Y) splitter cable and another WRC-S2 remote for the transom. It was working just fine for about a week and now all three displays are blank. When I unplug the new remote the other two work just fine. Just wondering is anyone else has run into this issue.

lsvboombox
03-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Would anyone happen two know how many wired remotes the MB Quart black box will support? I have a 2010 Outback V which came with the black box main unit which is connected to a main controller which is in the glove box, it also has a WRC-S2 wired remote at the drivers console. I bought the (Y) splitter cable and another WRC-S2 remote for the transom. It was working just fine for about a week and now all three displays are blank. When I unplug the new remote the other two work just fine. Just wondering is anyone else has run into this issue.

i have 3 on my boat.. 1 direct and the other 2 have a y harness

2 are wrc-p
1 wrc-s2

Gas2high
03-24-2011, 09:19 AM
So did your boat come from the factory with all three remotes or did you add one? Im guessing I have a loose connection causing my issues. The remote issue started after rough water crossing. Prior to that is was working just fine.

lsvboombox
03-24-2011, 12:42 PM
So did your boat come from the factory with all three remotes or did you add one? Im guessing I have a loose connection causing my issues. The remote issue started after rough water crossing. Prior to that is was working just fine.

came from factory like that

Gas2high
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the information. I ordered a new "Y" cable and now the head unit driver and transom remotes are all working fine. Guessing there was a broken pin in one of the plugs or a damaged wire???