PDA

View Full Version : Tracking the build of your Moomba

clark
01-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Once you find out the spray date of your new Moomba, is there a way to track the progress during the build process. How long does it take to build a Mobius LSV tricolor. I figure the tricolor must take a little longer.

Clark

Zihuatanejo
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't specifically know how liong it takes to build the boat but I just bought a new outback at the minneapolis boat show and the salesmen said that they had a boat slotted for me to start building in late febuary and that i could pick it up from the dealership in late april early may.

clark
01-24-2005, 09:31 AM
OUCH.... Maybe that is OK living in the North,,, I would like mine by early April.

Zihuatanejo
01-24-2005, 02:11 PM
I wasn't to upset with getting the boat in late april. It is hard to ski while doging ice chunks anyway.

clark
01-24-2005, 03:02 PM
What is the skiing season there? I live in Georgia and we go from April thru late September, early October, depending on the weather.

Zihuatanejo
01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
the wheather here has been so messed up it's hard to say. this year my buddy and I went up to my cabin in early fall and went grouse hunting in the morning and then went skiing in the afternoon and then back hunting in the evening. I'll probably get a dry suit this year and start sking in late april early may if I can find a driver to stand the cold in the boat. usually around early june I start getting in without the wet suit and I will go until the middle of september with or without wet suit. except for last fall wich was unseasnably warm I was skiing in october. We had the crapiest and coldest summer up here that I can remember, and then in the fall it started to warm up!

Will Watters
01-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Just bought a Mobius LSV at Seattle Boat Show.
Saleman indicated 8 weeks before it arrives which puts its arrival end of March. Will waste little time getting in the water. Is there a way to identify your boat during build and check progress to confirm if the boat should arrive on time

Shoemaker Mobius
01-26-2005, 01:18 PM
Clark,
I recall other posting that indicated that from initial spray (spray date) to finished product is about one week. Then, based on shipping schedules to the various dealers, perhaps another 1-2 weeks. Once it arrives at the dealer, it should be one or two days.

I wouldn't be at all concerned about the other postings by people as to what their dealer estimated dates are. Earlier postings indicate that each dealer is slotted with a certain number of each model boat. Your dealer may have had an earlier slot for your model available in his allocation than the other poster's dealers. Check with your dealer - he can easily check progress on your boat with his Skier's Choice contact. If your dealer doesn't seem to be getting info, you can always contact Skier's Choice directly. While they don't want to be bombarded with end customer calls, previous posts have indicated you can get accurate info that way. Good Luck.

clark
01-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks Shoe. They originally told me 8 weeks, which is perfect. I would love to get the boat the middle of March.

Kind of hard to imagine building the entire boat and doing all the testing, including the in the water test in only a week.

Clark

Sum
01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
I have a question for those of you who just purchased new boats at the shows. If you financed your boats when do your payments start? I assume that they begin when you take delivery of your boat? How much of a deposit was required to place your order?

I may be buying a new Mobius LSV at the boat show this weekend. I would prefer not take delivery until May or June if possible. My wife and I would like to make it through the cold months without a boat payment, but we don't want to miss out on the factory incentives offered during the show. I can't imagine having to start making payments on a boat that is not yet in your possesion, but I thought I'd make sure of that.

Will Watters
01-26-2005, 04:31 PM
We put down a 1000 dollar deposit with balance due at delivery. So if you could muster the down, I suppose you could hold off completing the financing until delivery. I would suspect that your financing would need to be approved at signing though.....

Buttafewcoe
01-26-2005, 04:33 PM
For me......I put a deposit at the show, but 1st payment was due 1 month after I took delivery. Hope this helps!

clark
01-26-2005, 04:56 PM
I put down $2000 with the rest due at delivery. I did not finance thru the dealer, but do know that if you are, they will want to qualify you before they order it. You may want to explain to the dealer when you want to take delivery and maybe they can hold off on the order. They told me it would take approximately 8 weeks. You could also ask the dealer how long the show prices are good for. If he bobbles with the answer, you may want to get it in writing. If memory serves me, 2 years ago when I almost bought a Moomba, the dealer said the prices were good thru March.

What I would do also is from this website, contact the Manufacturer and ask them how long the boat show incentives are good for. Since they are offering the incentives, they should know.

One more thing, and this is important. The 4 items you choose are from the manufacturer. Check with the dealer and see what he will give you. I really got a good deal considering what the dealer and manufacturer threw in. Don't be afraid to ask for freee upgrades. Just be reasonable.

Will Watters
01-26-2005, 05:03 PM
I agree with the comments about incentives. I got some more options added to the manf list. Once you establish a price with the manf incentives, ask the dealer what could be thrown in such as cleats, rub rail, covers ect... Hope you can get a good deal, I know I was looking for this type of info during my negotiation.

clark
01-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Sum,

Send me your email and I will give you some additional info.

Clark

Sum
01-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Clark,

I sent you a PM with my address. Let me know if you do not get it.

Thanks!

Richard

clark
01-27-2005, 11:57 AM
What is a PM???

clark
01-27-2005, 11:59 AM
I got,, I just never used this function before. I will finish reading it and email you.

Clark

clark
01-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Sum,

I just sent you an email.

Clark

dmgx
02-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey Guys, there is no real way to track progress of your boat after the spray date. Previous posts are correct, it takes about 7 working days for a boat from start to finish. Keep in mind that boats are shipped sometimes 6 at a time. So even if your boat is thought to be finished it may be waiting on other boats to finish so it can go on the truck and ship. Your dealer will be the best bet in figuring out a delivery date. They generally track that religously, because customers are all waiting on delivery and are calling them. SC can help you if you are having a problem getting info from your dealer, but please make sure you have exhausted that avenue first. They don't want to get bogged down here (might slow down the progress of your boat :-) )

To answer the other question you don't get charged interest or make payments until you take delivery of the boat or the boat is invoiced. So no worries there.

Regards,

Jay Warren
Marketing Manager
Guess Where????