PDA

View Full Version : Tire Warranty?

TL7
03-22-2011, 11:38 PM
This is on our boat that was bought a year ago last week. I just noticed this in the driver side tire (single axle trailer). Anyone know the warranty on these tires and possibly who to contact? They are the Trail America brand 225/75/15.

I'll most likely buy replacements tomorrow at Discount Tire (Carlisle - too many bad reviews on Marathons). I'm going to go ahead and replace the other side so I have equal wear from this point out. I'll try to buy a cheap rim and use the good tire for another spare.

I know buying tires tomorrow is counter productive to any warranty that may be coming my way, but I need to get it done now. Just curious if I have any type of recourse or refund as that doesn't fall under normal wear.

Edit - looks like the pics don't really show it well, but it's about a 4-5 inch long separation that's pretty deep. Cannot see the radials, but I don't think you'd see them there anyway.

DOCDRS
03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
I would call boatmate and go from there

Razzman
03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Good luck with that one, trailer tires don't have warrenties per se. Trail America tires are one of the worst as well. I replaced two of mine the first year. In fact none of the trailer tires available are that great so I just buy whatever my local tire dealer has and he gives me a great price on them.

c.rix
03-23-2011, 12:08 PM
My trailer came with the marathons on it and I have had nothing but good luck with them, but with that said my brother in law works for goodyear and says absolutely run them at max cold psi

murraymoomba
03-25-2011, 08:45 PM
I went with maxxis, load range E.

wakeflip
03-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I bought my boat used out of Alabama. A 5 hour drive from my house. Half way home in the middle of nowhere I blew out BOTH of my trailer tires with no spare. That sucked. Atleast you caught the problem before a blow out like I did.

TL7
03-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I went with the Carlisle load range E's. Didn't even call Boatmate. Figured it wouldn't even be worth my time on a tire issue.