PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Outback

ptcbtchr
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Just purchased a 2010 outback that hadn't sold last year from southtown watersports in Charlotte. I had a 1989 supra comp for 22 years and hated that supra no longer made a direct drive. I looked at the outback and it has everything we need. I am looking forward to this summer on the lake with more room and more importantly a boat that starts every time I need it to. I hope to post some photo's sometime soon and have enjoyed the little time in the water that I have had so far. Must say that it you are in the market in or near charlotte NC, check out southtown!! What professionals, and just plain great folks to deal with.

Mark

Sea N' Things
03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome Mark, love to see some pics....

deerfield
03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Mark - Congrats on the Outback and welcome to the Moomba forum. I created a thread for you and moved these posts that originally were in another thread. Hope that is okay by you. Post up some pics! - Deerfield

2007 Outback V
03-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Congrats and welcome! I know all to well what is like to have a boat that doesn't start easily or all the time, LOL ;)

ptcbtchr
03-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I will have some pictures up soon. No problem and thanks for creating the new thread. I lack a bit in computer skills so thanks for the help. I am hoping to add some additional courtesy lighting possibly some led's anyone have any experience with this? Let me know. I also think I am going to add a powered sub at some point as well. Weather here pretty decent today and ready to hit the water. Again thanks for the welcome, looking forward to many more posts.

Mark

viking
03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Looking foward to the pics. You'll find all kinds of stuff on here. Pretty much anything you want to do has been done or discussed.

As far as LED's........lots of threads on that. A couple of us on here are in the process of that as well

ian ashton
03-22-2011, 09:26 PM
What colors didja get?

ptcbtchr
03-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Ian, I haven't purchased any led's yet but as my boat is white and gray, I am going to go with a pop of color, possibly purple led's . I have seen several cases where they have been installed in the cupholder and I like that look. My boat is new to me so I have to do some looking to see how "tight" the spaces are for running the wire. I also think I am going to install a powered sub soon too. Weather here has been iffy on my days off so I have spent what little time on the water breaking in the engine. Will keep all updated as I progress.

Mark

moombadaze
03-24-2011, 08:02 AM
pictures or I call a ghost boat ;)

viking
03-24-2011, 06:55 PM
What colors didja get?

RED. I know they aren't as bright as other colors but that's the color of my boat :) Itching to get to work on it but work has been getting in the way. But got all my parts (well most of them).

Those latching switches are really small aren't they? Thought they would be twice as big.

ptcbtchr
03-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Going to take a couple of shots later today and see if I have any luck uploading them.

But first a cruise on the lake.

deerfield
03-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Okay, later today is here and I don't see pics. Post up.

ptcbtchr
03-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Ok,

so I finally figured out how to download pictures from facebook onto the macbook and post them in an album on my profile. Hopefully I will have more to post shortly of some of my projects, LED's are ordered as well as a powered sub. Not totally sure how to post the pictures on this thread, any help there would be appreciated. I'm not extremely Mac savy.

Mark

kaneboats
03-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Here's a good explanation of several ways to do photos-- my description starts with post #3 in this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5629

ptcbtchr
03-30-2011, 03:29 PM
thanks so much for the info, now if the sun would come out again I could to on the lake!

kaneboats
03-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I can help with that too. Just give it a few days.:cool:

usaski1
03-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Wheres the PICS!!??

kaneboats
03-31-2011, 10:09 AM
He's got some up in his album. Good lookin' boat.

deerfield
04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
PT - Checked your profile and found the album. Nice pics. Thanks for posting. We really like our Outback and know yours will bring lots of fun in the sun for you. Congratulations! - Deerfield

ptcbtchr
04-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks Stuart,
So far have enjoyed driving my boat around the lake breaking in the engine. It has such a nice solid ride, and having an open bow is nice after over 20 years of a closed bow tournament rig. Excited to ski behind it soon if we can just get the weather to cooperate. I'm still finding little details about the boat every time I go out, and just added an Ipod cable to the stereo which works really well. I am impressed with the fit and finish of this boat. I had sticker price shock when I started looking for a new boat this spring, totally blows my mind to drop 60k on a new mastercraft or nautique! I think I made the right decision and got a great boat for a great price. I am also impressed by all the great folks I have met on this board as well. Great source for people to share all kinds of information and show their passion for boating, skiing etc.

Mark

AusFire
04-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Nice ride Mate, I have the same colour but an 07 model, Great looking boats I reckon.

Heading out today on the lake so will try and add some more pics.

Welcome buddy !!

ptcbtchr
04-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Nice looking ride, love the colors. Looking forward to your pictures and hope to add some own myself soon.

Mark

ptcbtchr
04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, just had our first evening cruise on the lake and it was amazing! This is why we live in the Carolina's and why we have a boat. My wife of nearly 23 years indulged me over 22 years ago when I bought the first boat and now she gave a green light on a new one!! We had a blast tonight listening to some mellow tunes and drinking a nice crisp white!! Love Mountain Island lake!!! We are very lucky to live here and are looking to many more nights on the water

Mark

wolfeman131
04-03-2011, 10:12 PM
looks like a new avatar was born tonight too?

we should all count ourselves lucky to have these fantastic toys and the enjoyment they bring to our families and friends.

ptcbtchr
04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Drew,
I couldn't have said it better and agree 1000 percent that I am very lucky to have the opportunity to enjoy such a wonderful lifestyle and live in a great location near Charlotte NC. I just loved the sunset framed by the wakeboard tower and couldn't resist changing it. Calling for 80 here tomorrow so hopefully another day on the water!!!

Mark

ptcbtchr
04-08-2011, 10:38 AM
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7406&stc=1&d=1302272849

ptcbtchr
04-08-2011, 10:41 AM
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7413&stc=1&d=1302273648

recent sunset after another windy day on mountain Island lake

ian ashton
04-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Looks great, I love the black and white.

ptcbtchr
04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Ok,
so this weekend I am going to try to install my LED's. I want to put them in my cupholders (stainless) I am guessing that I will drill out the drains large enough to hold the led's in the bottom. Would you suggest that I use silicon to seal them in the cupholder? I am planning on running a red wire from dash all around the boat as well as the ground to both sides. What gauge wire should I use to do this and wire nuts to hook the led's? Any help or advice would be appreciated. I am planning on putting 10 led's in the boat, 6 in the cupholders, one behind the observer bench, 2 under the gunnel and one under the drivers footwell. I am excited to get started on this.

Mark

viking
04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Ok,
so this weekend I am going to try to install my LED's. I want to put them in my cupholders (stainless) I am guessing that I will drill out the drains large enough to hold the led's in the bottom. Would you suggest that I use silicon to seal them in the cupholder? I am planning on running a red wire from dash all around the boat as well as the ground to both sides. What gauge wire should I use to do this and wire nuts to hook the led's? Any help or advice would be appreciated. I am planning on putting 10 led's in the boat, 6 in the cupholders, one behind the observer bench, 2 under the gunnel and one under the drivers footwell. I am excited to get started on this.

Mark

Mark,
1st off - what LED's are you using? I just got done installing all my LED's and in the cupholders the SuperFlux LED's http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux fit just fine in the drain hole. No need to silicon in nor would you want to.
I used 20ga all the way around the boat for the LED install which is quite a bit bigger than the prewired LED's and LED strips http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips. For the connections I used the heat sealed butt slices http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=095-910 and worked slick and made them all waterproof (not that you really need to take that step but I'm anal that way). I ended up using Rusty and KG's idea and put the rear ski locker and cubby LED's on a switch so they come on when the door is opened and off when closed. Turned out real nice!
I haven't had time to post up any pics yet as I'm going to start a thread with all my mods and will have them up in do time :)

ptcbtchr
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Yes, I have the prewired from ozonium, Hadnt thought of putting them on a switch in the ski locker, nice idea. Excited to do it on friday.

ptcbtchr
04-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Just finished installing the ozonium led's in my cupholders on my 2010 outback. It was a breeze!! I installed it on a aux switch on my dash and I am going to order a couple of small led strips for my rear ski locker and for behind the observer bench and wire it on the up position on this switch, thus giving me control over the lights when and where I need them. Just waiting for it to get dark to see my results!! Seriously, it was very simple, longest time took zip tying the wires once finished. If you have even thought of doing this, you won't regret it. Thanks for all of the advice on doing this.

mark

ptcbtchr
04-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Happy Easter to all the moomba board members!!! Beautiful day on Mt Island lake, mid 80's and had my daughter home from college for the weekend so we feel truly blessed. Great day on the lake ( not as long as we would have liked) but fun fun fun!!

Mark

ptcbtchr
04-26-2011, 10:32 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7586&stc=1&d=1303871530

cell phone photo of my cupholder

ptcbtchr
04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7587&stc=1&d=1303872027

ptcbtchr
05-03-2011, 12:35 AM
just added 2 of the 26 inch flexible led's by oznium under the gunnel in my outback. Tonight while coming in from the lake one of my neighbor's stopped me on the lake to check out my new boat. His comment was I see you added some mood lighting. The led's from oznium are awesome and very easy to install. Very pleased.

mark

ptcbtchr
05-03-2011, 12:42 AM
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7613&stc=1&d=1304397688