PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard behind an outback

cooper
01-21-2005, 01:38 PM
does the hydroplate do anything for wakeboarding? if you add it with the fat sack and tower can you use it for beginner and intermediate wakeboarding?

Woopededoo
01-24-2005, 05:54 PM
I have a outback, and I use it for wakeboarding. I dont have the plate or any ballast. Just the tower right now, and its enough for me to learn how to wakeboard with. I am happy with the size of the wake right now. IF I want to go bigger, Im sure i can put some sacks in later. Im not sure what the plate would do for the wake.

Zihuatanejo
01-24-2005, 06:30 PM
it is my understanding the wake plate acts like the trim doese on an IO. The boat will plane out or lean back depending upon how you adjust the wake plate. That is what the salesmen at the boat show told me anyway. He tried to sell me one and said that it doese make a difference when you are wakeboarding but I just don't wakeboard enough to care enough.

carsondoc
01-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Cooper, I have a wakeplate on my Outback. It makes a great addition if you want smooth ski wakes but won't do anything for you for wakeboarding. You need ballast if you want a bigger wakeboard wake.