PDA

View Full Version : What would you like on the Moomba web page

smokedog2
01-20-2005, 09:55 AM
If I were designing this web page, and did not have to pay for it, here are some things I would like to see.

I’d like to configure my boat without signing in. I’d like a picture of each option (flush kit, board racks, etc. with a brief description. I’d like to surf the options for things I might add later.

I’d like to see the technical drawings or at least a ton of detail and pictures of seat height, windshield size, bag pump fill rate, shut-off valve locations, plugs, storage dimensions.

Show a lot more pictures of the boat assembly. Where the wires run, how the hull is attached, the fuse box.

They should have a section or a link on how to drive a inboard. How to pull up a boarder, kneeboarder, skater etc. Typical speeds. No BS story we spent a month trying to get up on a kneeboard with our knees in the straps. – Shut-up.

Lets see some video of the wake, a rider and tell how it was loaded. More video with music and tricks to fire up the kids.

Put together a section on boat care, vinyl, hull, battery, electronics, or links to it. How about synthetic oil? If you do not want to endorse a product, be willing to link to anyone that is ok to use, just say hey, here are some options, some may be better than others but these may be used.

Any other ideas?

My $.02, worth what you paid for it.,

SD2

clark
01-20-2005, 12:50 PM
That is a GREAT idea. I have asked tons of questions about the Mobius LSV while I have been looking for a new inboard. It would have been a great help to have some of those questions answered here, and all or you would not have to have seen some of my otherwise crazy questions. I would like to know more about the maintenance and where everything is located. You can download the owners manual, but that only shows the picture of the part, but sometimes I could not figure out exactly where it is. Especially with maintenance. There are many things I could do myself if I had some clear instruction on where certain items were located, exactly where they are located, such as the hoses that do and do not need to be pulled when winterizing. Some of the items in the manuals are too vague. This is not a Skiers choice issue, this seems to go with most manufactures of most products. It would be nice if Skiers choice would set the bar and let other companies know how to help out there customers more.

Great suggestion.

Clark

waterboy
01-21-2005, 03:08 AM
How does Moomba's website compare to other manufacturers? I've never checked out any of them, and if I had time this morning I'd do a little research but I'm runnin' late.

All good ideas though, and if not actual boat care, winterizing, driving and watersports tips especially kneeboarding then maybe some links to other sites that provide that info.

Sorry about the cheap shot SD2, did you ever actually get up that way?

Brian

smokedog2
01-21-2005, 08:18 AM
No

clark
01-21-2005, 09:46 AM
I have done research looking at other boat manufacturers websites and Moomba is much better than most. I do like the videos and pictures. The Centurion web site is really bad. Really slow. Hard to navagate thru. Moomba does have one of the best sites I have seen while researching for a new boat. Good job Moomba. I think the real topic here is way of getting much more additional information out to there owners or potential owners.

Clark

Keaton
01-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I would love to see a picture or even a video of the wakes of different boats at different speeds. That way you wouldn't have waist the time of a salesmen to look at the wakes of different boats. Just look at the pictures or videos and then go test drive that particular boat. Sorta takes the guess work out of it.

RickT
01-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Excellent topic and posts....Thanks for the input.

Will make sure our staff follows this thread.

Thanks Again,

Rick

clark
01-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks Rick.

I know you probably don't remember me but I saw at the show in Atanta on Saturday afternoon. We talked about the differences between Supra's and Moomba's along with other topics. I bought the Mobius LSV there and can't wait to get it. I actually got one with that same color scheme. Yellow over Brittany blue. Thanks for all your help and support at the show, and for going to this BB and helping us in that way also. Your site is much better than the competition. By giving more info than the other manufacturers, it has to help sell boats.

Thanks again.

Clark McBrayer

RickT
01-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Clark,

Yes, I sure do remember you from the show! The colors are what keyed my memory. Hope you enjoy the new boat and please let us know if we can help in any way. Thanks again for including us in your Activities!

Rick

clark
01-24-2005, 03:05 PM
I wish I lived closer to you facility. I would love to take a tour of it. I live 30 miles south of Atlanta.

Clark

moombadaze
04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
how about a photo library of customers boats-just a basic picture of the boat anchored or sitting on the trailer-seperate by type direct drive-v drive, ski boat-moubius. pictures of sunny days and boats makes me want to go boating.

mobiusLSV05
04-15-2005, 08:17 PM
The site is really easy to navigate, and there are plenty of fellow owners who are willing to help each other out--especaially the new kid in town (thanks). Ive got to agree with Swairlines about the chat room--that would be cool!