PDA

View Full Version : Cody at XTP towers

brain_rinse
03-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Cody, I've tried everything else I can think of to track you down... I sent you a PM weeks ago, sent an email through your website, left voicemails, I even contacted your sister company Monster Tower (they got back to me within hours of my email and CCed you on the response.) I thought maybe you got fired but I saw you respond to another thread last week. If threads are what works, well I'll start a thread. :) Just a few questions, 5 minutes of your time. PM, email, voicemail, whatever works.

Thanks!
Dan

sandm
03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I left vm for them as well to order new tower pads. no reply yet. haven't pushed it yet tho..

brain_rinse
03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks, Ed. Those are the roads I've been down though.

Razzman
03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
No excuse for poor customer service. I too tried contacting him some time back and finally just gave up. :cool:

KG's Supra24
03-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Dusty and I picked up tower feet pads from Atlanta Marine.

Ask for Heidi, she is awesome.

wolfeman131
03-21-2011, 05:21 PM

Yep, that young lady will work take care of ya!

WaterBullDawg1980
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM

Heidi is the best. VERY helpful.

brain_rinse
03-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Dusty and I picked up tower feet pads from Atlanta Marine.

Were they a new design?

iwakeboard
03-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Hey guys, if you've been trying [email protected] it doesn't always go to me. It's a generic email that sometimes goes to our spam folder, the best way to get ahold of me is [email protected]. Right now we're at the height of boat production season because of all the boat shows so I stay pretty busy, and we don't normally sell to retail or dealers because we're strictly an original equipment manufacturer. Our customers, the boat companies, prefer parts go through their dealer networks. I made an exception for the Moomba/Supra forums to try to get you all some new gaskets, I apologize if there has been some miscommunication. During this peak season the best way to go about getting parts is probably through your local dealer because they generally stock these, whereas I have to custom order for individual runs, Skiers Choice buys these gaskets from us 20 to 30 at a time and have a two week lead time (we don't make the gaskets in house, just aluminum here). Various dealers stock them, I think including Atlanta Marine, so that might be the best way to go if you don't have any luck getting ahold of me. If you're not having any luck with your local dealer PLEASE email me at my personal email above and I'll be glad to get you the gaskets.

Regarding the material, the original black rubber gaskets are no longer available, Skiers Choice wanted to move to a clear gasket and our parts supplier made the switch.

brain_rinse
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the update, Cody. I also had questions regarding weld paint and repairing scratches. Can you let me know your thoughts on that?

iwakeboard
03-21-2011, 08:47 PM
It's pretty tough to repair scratches directly on the pipe. Because the pipe is anodized, bright dipped, and brushed, there are alot of structured chemicals on the pipe it's pretty tough to "mask" a scratch. We use an aluminum paint called Red Hot, sold by E-Tec, to paint welds, but I think it would stand out more than "mask" the actual pipe. Hope this helps!

brain_rinse
03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Perfect, thank you! The paint was just for the welds. For the scratches I was wondering if there was a decent way to "re-brush" some areas (with a wire brush or dremel or?) that got marred up from my Z5 straps.

iwakeboard
03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Also, I tried responding to PM's but it gives me this message:

You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

I've requested additional space cause I get alot of questions but have yet to get the expansion.

brain_rinse
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
One quick fix is to delete all your "sent" PM's. I'll look into what options we have on PM space and get back to you.

iwakeboard
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Wife just saw my avatar, in the dog house. haha

iwakeboard
03-21-2011, 08:52 PM
One quick fix is to delete all your "sent" PM's. I'll look into what options we have on PM space and get back to you.

Thanks, I'll try that in the morn when I get back into the office.