PDA

View Full Version : Soda and weight gain

BensonWdby
03-21-2011, 07:15 AM
I recently I have become aware of the evils of High Fructose Corn Syrup, particularly in soda pop. There is a health evangelist on the internet who provides quite a bit of useful info regarding this subject.

This site below does market a lot of products, but that is not why I post this here. I do not buy anything form here and I am not recommending that anyone do so. This link is an informative article, which is why I post it here. Because there is some marketing here you may want to take it with a grain of salt, but there seems to be a lot of science here.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/21/watch-how-soda-affects-your-body.aspx

Sea N' Things
03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
WOW, that is crazy, I am glad I don't drink pop or any variations of....

bergermaister
03-23-2011, 06:51 PM
See this is why I stick to BEER! LOL.

zabooda
03-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I've cut out a lot of pop and I can tell the difference. Even diet pop makes no difference in the long run. You have to cut it all out. Pop and snacks at work are eliminated and that was the easiest part the five little meals a day is the hard part.

rc5695
03-24-2011, 06:40 AM
I quit drinking soda ~10 years ago, when I started having acid reflux problems and my stomach acid was literally eating my esophagus away :( All I used to drink was soda, NO water. I quit cold-turkey one day, from soda only to water only. I was a smaller then, only weighing ~160, and I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks!!! I now take Nexium daily and have no problems, although I do have a soda on occasion...

Richie65Duchon
04-08-2011, 03:23 AM
I recently I have become aware of the evils of High Fructose Corn Syrup, particularly in soda pop. There is a health evangelist on the internet who provides quite a bit of useful info regarding this subject.

This site below does market a lot of products, but that is not why I post this here. I do not buy anything form here and I am not recommending that anyone do so. This link is an informative article, which is why I post it here. Because there is some marketing here you may want to take it with a grain of salt, but there seems to be a lot of science here.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/21/watch-how-soda-affects-your-body.aspx

I am diabetic and was unacquainted about the high level fructose content in soda. The information regarding the chronic health problems is really helpful. Keep on sharing.