PDA

View Full Version : Mobius LSV

Retirement Fund
02-14-2003, 07:30 PM
I just got my 03 Mobius LSV (Gravity Games Edition) home today. This boat looks much better parked in my garage than it did at the boat show. On the way i stopped for gas and 3 people mentioned how awesome the boat looked. I hope it is as much fun to drive it around the lake as it is to drive it around town. My only complaint is that it's at least another month til boating season.

P.S. Rusty Biddle at Knoxville Watersports is awesome! If you're looking for a dealer, he comes highly recommended!

gavin744
02-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Hey, I was wondering what kind of deal you got on your mobius lsv, because I am looking to buy one and need to know a ball park figure. Thanks, gavin

Retirement Fund
02-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Hey Gavin,

My Mobius LSV has these added options:

Gravity Package
Indmar 320 HP EFI
Bimini Top
Cover
800 Watt Amp
MP3 CD AM/FM w/Remote
Tower Speakers
Bertha Ballast w/3 Bags
Hydraulic Wakeplate
PerfectPass-Wakeboard Pro
Wakeboard Racks
Bow Filler Cushion
Walk Thru Curtain
Guide Pole Covers
Aluminum Wheels Upgrade
4 Pop-Up Cleats

Total minus the boat show incentives and plus sales tax was:
$37,195

Heck of a deal, especially compared to all the other boats out there. Now is definitely the time to buy. Interest rates are low and you can't beat $2700 in boat show incentives.

02-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you know, retiremnet fund, that we finally signed a contract for our Mobius LSV. Thanks for the imput on pricing and options. We went with the floor model instead of special ordering so I think we got a good deal. SUCH AS: 2003 Mobius LSV with all the standard equipment plus ris-r seat, kenwood cd player with 6 speakers, bimini top, costum cover, extended warranty, 3 bag ballast system, 4 blade stainless steel prop, teak platform, bumpers, a few neoprene life vests, board racks, hydraulic wake plate and single axel trailer (although we probably should have gotten the tandem axel trailer), I think I listed everything, all for 32,660.00 including tax on the trailer. I think we got a good deal, and anyways my wife and I were tired of haggling and we just wanted the boat, so there you go. We are going to pick it up in about 3 weeks and we can't wait till the weather cooperates and lets us out on the lake.

gavin744
02-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Retirement fund- Just wanted to thank you for the info on your LSV, it helped us figure out pricing. Here is what we ordered (will actually get it in about 3 weeks): We choose the boat that was at the boat show so I think we got a better deal since it was already on the lot: Mobius LSV with all the standard equipment plus: 3 bag ballast system, hydralic wake plate, Kenwood cd player with 6 speakers, board racks, ris-r seat, costum cover, ext. warranty, teak platform, bumper pads for trailer, we went with the single axel trailer because that was stock and we didn't want to spend the extra money to get it special ordered. Plus they are going to add some life vests, all for a total of $32,660.00
I think we got a good deal, but my wife and I were just ready to get the boat!!!! Thanks, again.

Retirement Fund
02-27-2003, 11:55 PM
Gavin,

Congrats on your new boat. It does sound like you got a really good deal. The best part is when you hear all the Malibu, Nautique, and MC owner talking about their $45K+ v-drive boats and knowing your boat can do everything theirs can do and you paid over $10K less.

I finally got my boat out of the garage this past Monday and on the lake. My dealer told me to run it for at least 5 hours at varying rpms not to exceed 2000. That really sucks because 5 hours is a long time to sit behind the wheel and not be able to open her up. But it is still nice to be seen in a cool boat tooling around the lake with the sound system cranked. Hope you enjoy your boat as much as I know I will mine.

catdog
02-28-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey R.F.,

What lake do you ride on?

Retirement Fund
02-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Right now the only lake in the Tricities, TN area that is high enough to boat on is Watauga Lake in Johnson City. I also do some houseboating trips on Lake Cumberland and Dale Hollow. There are a couple of other small lakes in the area that are supposed to be pretty good as well, but I just moved down here last fall so I will have to do some exploring this spring.

catdog
02-28-2003, 09:00 PM
Haven't been on Watauga yet, but it is supposed to be fantastic, mountainous and picturesque.

South Holston is nice, small but clean and beautiful with extremely deep water near the dam.

Retirement Fund
03-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Where is South Holston? Yeah I actually was out on Watauga yesterday. I'm still trying to break the boat in, so it's much easier to do that when there is very little lake traffic. There was still a lot of floating debris in the lake, but the lake itself is pretty deep so the majority of the debris is located in the channels.

catdog
03-02-2003, 11:49 PM
South Holston is near Abington and Bristol. Part is in VA, part ( including the dam ) is in E. Tenn. It is usually 45 feet lower than normal this time of year.

It's gotta be awfully cold on Watauga.

Good luck with the mobius!

tn_viper
03-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey guys. I ski and wake board on Watauga and South Holston. Used to live in Elizabethton, but just moved to Gray. South Holston is a huge lake about the three times the size of Watauga. Both are great lakes and alot of fun to ski and wake board on.

Have a great day.
By the way I have a 99 Mobius.

Ronnie

catdog
03-15-2003, 09:12 AM
We grew up in Kpt on S. Holston, Boone and Patrick Henry. Now we ski in VA on both Moomaw and Kerr Reservoir. Planning a trip back home and want to try S. Holston, Watauga, and Fontana. Where do you suggest putting-in on the first two?

03 Gravity
03-18-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey RF,

My LSV Gravity is getting some cleats added this week. Tower speakers, sub and amps are done and ready to go. Since you're new to TN per your earlier post, if you can make it wast to Center Hill Lake, its problably the best riding I have ever expereinced !!!! Worth the trip !

Retirement Fund
03-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Where is Center Hill Lake? There are some really nice huge lakes in TN and southern KY. This is an awesome area to live.

MartyC
03-19-2003, 10:56 AM
Center Hill is located near Smithville. About half way between Nashville and Cookeville. It is very large, very deep and very clean. If you have never been, I would highly suggest making a trip. We live 2 miles from Old Hickory but usually make the hour drive to Center Hill if we have all day because it is so big and so clean. If you want anymore info on ramps or places to stay, email me. There is one ramp at a state park that is less than 4 miles off I-40. Real easy access.

03 Gravity
03-21-2003, 02:32 PM
RF,

MartyC hit it up perfect....

Good link for area stuff to put in...
http://maps.reserveusa.com/maps/hsrun/maps/MapXsite.htx;start=HS_NRRSMap?optTool=1&hidMap=NRR SMap&fnCurLayer=locations1;&hidCenterX=-86.1000000027666&hidCenterY=35.7999999568058&hidZo om=600&btnSubmit=NewMap&imgMap.x=241&imgMap.y=140

tn_viper
03-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Hey all,

Fish Springs on Watauga is a good place to put in. And on South Holston I use the 421 Bridge Ramp.

Almost skiing weather.

Have a great day

Ronnie