PDA

View Full Version : Gravity III self filling?

Shooter
03-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Had our first trip to the lake this season. Had a good time, boat worked great except the starboard bag will fill on it's own. I checked the solenoids and they were all set correctly. Neither of the other bags got a drop of water in them unless I filled up.
This is a bone stock Gravity III system in an 07 Mobius LSV. Any ideas of what the problem is?

brain_rinse
03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Those valves can get clogged pretty easily... might check that.

LyndonH Dubai
04-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Had our first trip to the lake this season. Had a good time, boat worked great except the starboard bag will fill on it's own. I checked the solenoids and they were all set correctly. Neither of the other bags got a drop of water in them unless I filled up.
This is a bone stock Gravity III system in an 07 Mobius LSV. Any ideas of what the problem is?

did you ever manage to find out what this problem was??? i have the same issue i think?
i have also noticed when i take her out of the water, there is a lot of water coming out of the intake under the boat???

matt75
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I had the same problem with my center sac. I took apart the solenoid and cleaned all of the algae out of it. Put it back together (very easy) and works like new. There's a couple links on here that I followed to figure the problem out. Hope it helps.

Matt

11 Outback V
04-13-2011, 09:39 AM
If memory serves me correctly the GIII system uses reversible pumps and doesnt have solenoids. Check Wakemakers, the have green inpellers as replacments because when they go bad the water will force its wy past the pump while runnung.

kayjayfech
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
It could have been one of the manual switches on the solenoids was left in the ON position, this will cause one side or the front to fill when you have the actual switch to fill ON.

kaneboats
04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
You can swap out the cheesy sprinkler valves with Irritrol 700 series valves. They will work better and allow faster fill times. They look like this:

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Valve-p/ir-700b-75.htm

rdlangston13
04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
i was having this issue last week but i just had the little switch flipped to the wrong position on the actual solenoid

LyndonH Dubai
04-27-2011, 12:22 AM
It could have been one of the manual switches on the solenoids was left in the ON position, this will cause one side or the front to fill when you have the actual switch to fill ON.

thanks for that, so do i take the solenoid out and look for a manual switch then on the actual solendoid itself under the seat cover and under the floor? sorry to act think but its all new to me the solenoids. i take them off, release them and WD 40 them regularly, but thats about it

thanks for your help by the way

LyndonH Dubai
04-27-2011, 12:23 AM
You can swap out the cheesy sprinkler valves with Irritrol 700 series valves. They will work better and allow faster fill times. They look like this:

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Valve-p/ir-700b-75.htm

thanks for the reply. i have just looked at these. is it as simple as purchasing these and a straight replacement, is it easy to do this work yourself, especially with me not being a boat expert etc?
i also have a few problems with the front sac not emptying well, so this could well be the issue

mmandley
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
These are simple valve, its just a mater of removing screws from the face of it and cleaning them out.

As for the ski locker bag not draining its prolly got air in the bag and then when the air gets tot he drain pump the pump gets air in it and wont pump out water. Mine used to do this all the time and i always had water left over and just never drained fully till i got all the air out of the bag.

I had to add a 1 way check valve to the output drain line to the threw hull to stop air from entering there when towing the boat, it helped a lot but the best way is to vent the bag at the top if you have an extra port. You hook another line to that port and then run it back to the drain line and T it in. This allows any air in the bag to escape during filling and then in return creates a vacuum on the bag when draining and this will make the draining more efficient.

kaneboats
04-27-2011, 10:53 AM
thanks for the reply. i have just looked at these. is it as simple as purchasing these and a straight replacement, is it easy to do this work yourself, especially with me not being a boat expert etc?
i also have a few problems with the front sac not emptying well, so this could well be the issue

Very simple. Two wires to splice and a simple switch out of the valve. I swapped mine out because I wanted more flow to the surf bag (750) after I added a second pump and it helped the fill times.