PDA

View Full Version : 99 Mobius - Replace Hard Tanks?

justmobius
03-20-2011, 10:16 PM
New to the forum, hi everyone! I have searched around the old posts but cannot seem to find anyone who has removed the hard plastic ballast tanks on a 99 Mobius. I am contemplating putting a sac in their place...has anyone tried this? Results or Advice? Also are there only two tanks next to each other for the factory system?

DOCDRS
03-20-2011, 10:26 PM
From what I can remember they are side by side. I had to replace the drain pump on one way back in about 2003. Not hard to remove you will have to add a floor piece in the middle ,but I think a 1100 pounder back there will give you much more flexibility. Or a middle divider with 2 750's would be best option. they are bigger than what you will be able to fill back there ,but they will fill the entire cavity compared to the hard tanks. imo

NCSUmoomba
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I think your setup was similar to mine. I had the two factory tanks in the rear ski locker in my 2001 Outback. I was surprised to see that the tanks overlapped each other alomst all the way across, so even though it said "left" & "right" it was pretty much all rear. I ran a 750 in my rear ski locker for a while. It was too big. Now I run a 62x16x10 fat sac back there that holds about 400#. I run about 600# in the front along with it. From my experience, these hulls seem to like more weight in the front.

justmobius
03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the responses! I will have to take apart the tanks and see what I have to work with. For 600 in the front do you have it just in front of the pylon or sitting on the bow seats?

NCSUmoomba
03-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Right now I am running 3 of the 260# side sacs in the bow. One under each bow seat, and one in the bow walkway. The ones under the seats don't fill up all the way.