PDA

View Full Version : 1st run of the season

harmsway
03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
We made it out on the lake today and I have never seen the so many empty boat trailers in the parking lot. There must have been a fishing tournament going on. I beleive we were the only one in the water everyone was screaming across the lake from spot to spot to get there lines wet.
Air temps were 76 deg. and the water temps 62 degs. it felt cold at first but after the initial shock it wasn't to bad with shorty wet suits on. All of the new upgrades worked flawlessly. The horable vibration from the factory prop was non-existant with the new OJ 13x13 4 blade prop. It was smooth thru all rpm range and made the boat feel like I was driving in a luxury Ford instead of a two horse wagon. And the strong fuel smell was gone after finding the leaking fuel line early in the week. I hope I have all the kinks worked out for the up coming season. Maybe the warming trend will continue so we can continue hitting the water.

A few pics.

wolfeman131
03-19-2011, 07:45 PM
nice! thanks for the pics.

moombadaze
03-19-2011, 07:51 PM
thanks for sharing, we hope to get out tomorrow for the 1st time ourselves

jmb
03-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Really had a great day today. 2 ski runs and 3 wakeboard runs. Going back out tomorrow. I had 85 degrees on the thermometer today.

skiyaker
03-19-2011, 08:21 PM
awesome man
not to thread jack but it looks like this is the first run of the season thread- here's our pics. We went to the local reservoir which has a speed limit- so no skiing but got some boarding in! Even the wifey took a ride! It's not lost on me that it's still technically winter- so my new goal is to go boating in all 4 seasons this year. NOW GET OUT THERE AND PUT SOME HOURS ON THOSE MOOMBAS YA'LL!

Grant M
03-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Great pictures everyone - keep em coming!
I have to admit it's a tad hard to watch everyone having fun on the water already!
Here is what it looks like today in the Great White North! Probably the most snow in 20 yrs up here - global warming my arse!
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=3465

harmsway
03-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Some cool pics skiyaker. Nothing like seeing youngster enjoying a day out on the water even if they are bundled up. The water looks a little colder then down here. Maybe this fall we will purchase some dry suits and make it a year round sport. But if I didn't have some down time I wouldn't get anything done around the house. We were able to just were swim suits when we were out of the water. We all burned pretty good. If anyone else has pics of there 1st runs of 2011 feel free to post. Let the season begin.

harmsway
03-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Great pictures everyone - keep em coming!
I have to admit it's a tad hard to watch everyone having fun on the water already!
Here is what it looks like today in the Great White North! Probably the most snow in 20 yrs up here - global warming my arse!
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=3465

We had are share of snow this past year also, but nothing like up there. I don't know how you all can stand such a short boating season. Then when the water warms up its still cold as H***. I feel your pain.

skiyaker
03-19-2011, 10:23 PM
yeah the water was 45 F and air 54F- it seems like I'll start the boating season when the water is in the 40s but end it when it gets down to 60; last year we went from swim trunks to winterized for the exact reason you stated- gotta get some work done.

Grant for what it's worth I told my crew "just pretend like its June and we're in Canada" If I lived up there I'd have to have some snowmobiles!

WaterBullDawg1980
03-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice! I am lagging behind everyone. It was 81 today and my boat has not even been de-winterized yet. :(

Shame on me :evil:

harmsway
03-20-2011, 09:32 AM
yeah the water was 45 F and air 54F- it seems like I'll start the boating season when the water is in the 40s but end it when it gets down to 60; last year we went from swim trunks to winterized for the exact reason you stated- gotta get some work done.

You really have to want it bad to get out in that kinda of cold. Just the air temp and driving across the lake is enough to make your skin feel like it is freezing.

harmsway
03-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice! I am lagging behind everyone. It was 81 today and my boat has not even been de-winterized yet. :(

Shame on me :evil:

You have to get with it. If your like me at the end of the season you hate yourself for not getting started earlier in the season or for not getting one more ride in. Of coarse the older I get I keep wondering how much longer I can do this, but then again I have some friends that are skiing in their 60's.

WaterBullDawg1980
03-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah, your right. I do end up saying that at the end of every season! Well, we started on the boat today. I only need to give her a good waxing and she will be ready to go.

Jceclipse01
03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
harmsway what lake are you on

harmsway
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
harmsway what lake are you on

We hang out on Jordan Lake mostly in the Beaver Creek area. Were do you take your boat to? I have thought about starting a thread to see if anyone might be interested in a Moomba mini jam in NC. Maybe get 1/2 dozen owners together for a weekend for some camping, good eats and some fun times.

Jceclipse01
03-20-2011, 06:56 PM
We hang out on Jordan Lake mostly in the Beaver Creek area. Were do you take your boat to? I have thought about starting a thread to see if anyone might be interested in a Moomba mini jam in NC. Maybe get 1/2 dozen owners together for a weekend for some camping, good eats and some fun times.

we go to lake keowee and lake jocassee and sometimes lake james

Shooter
03-20-2011, 10:59 PM
After reading this thread my daughter had me buy her a wetsuit and we hit the water for the first time. Our closest lake averages around 8' deep and the water temp is already up to around 63. She stayed in the water most of the day with the shorty on. Think it was money well spent!!