PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous

mmandley
03-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Why are my sig threads deleted?

Since when is it ok to delete a persons thread and not even tell them so they can save the data before hand?

My Fierah upgrades which has all the stereo changes and build process is gone.

My Pride and Joy thread with over 5K views is now gone also.

This really irritates me and should irritate the whole community here.

I understand deleting threads you start a s Moderator but since when and where is it ok to delete a thread you didn't start with out notifying a person it will be deleted.

I noticed my thread count dropped and went to look a couple things up in my sig and there gone.

mmandley
03-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Sig threads are the threads in my signature

These are 3 threads i started.

1 was my Pride and Joy thread and had all my upgrades with pictures and i reference it a lot especially with new members joining to help them see upgrades.

2 thread is my Stereo upgrade thread it had all the upgrades in the stereo for the Exile brand stuff and included the custom amp racks i installed and other stereo items.

These were my threads as i started them. If i post data in someones thread i don't care if its deleted.

ian ashton
03-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Ed, why do you delete your old threads annually?

mmandley
03-19-2011, 09:20 AM
DO you not see the links in my Signature under my list of upgrades?

KG's Supra24
03-19-2011, 09:32 AM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthrea...light=upgrades
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7844

:shock: ^^^ :shock: That is a signature.

Mike, i tried clicking on your links as well and only the top one worked for me. Sorry bud. Sucks to loose good picture threads.

csm
03-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I have to say, this is one of my biggest pet peeves about this forum. I'm not saying people don't have a right to delete their old posts if they want to, but I think it then makes that thread useless. I've had countless times that ive searched for an issue, found a thread that matches it perfectly, and then half of the responses have been deleted. If we all did this, the search function would be pointless. Maybe there are capacity issues and it's necessary, but it can be really annoying.

Razzman
03-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Ed, why is it that this is the only forum that seems to "lose" threads? I'm on many forums regularly, moderate two others and have never seen threads vanish like here. Why is that?

Also, since nobody else is going to ask I will, especially since it's totally inapproriate; why do you have to be such a condisending jerk when responding to inquiries like this? Mike simply asked a question and you come back with smartass crap on every responce instead of just answering the question. No, it's not funny and yes, people are tired of the "Ed Show".

And for the record, No i'm not picking a fight, I'm just tired of all the BS in front and behind the scenes.

BUT I do gotta ask; Are you hanging out with Charlie Sheen? Duh! WINNING!!

viking
03-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Why is it when there is a problem it always seems to involve ED? He either instigates it, is party to it, or has to chime in with a smart-ass comment and have the last word.

Never met him, but after a couple years on the board it doesn't go unnoticed. Members get patronized, disrespected, and some outright drop out of membership.

I almost didn't chime in as I've been fairly quiet about this for some time. But enough is enough!

I'm sure he'll blast me too. Maybe even DELETE the post. Don't care.

jmvotto
03-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Space is cheap informative threads should not be deleted by anyone...

11 Outback V
03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Im fairly new to this board, last October, but have noticed the same things that other people are mentioning. I even called one of the people on the board who is friends w Ed and was told its just the way he is. I have never met Ed but will be at a mutual gathering soon.
I am a member of a few other boards and dont seem to have this problem w anyone, especially not a moderator.
It is my understanding that moderators are supposed to be a non bias party, is Ed?

ps PLEASE someone buy his ballast bags!!!! He really needs that 125.00.
pss Ive never heard of Martha, other then from him.

dru1974
03-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Omg.. Have thought about this same thing, let's just cut the sarcasm and discuss things as adults. I know I have put my foot in my mouth a few times here to though and for that. I appologise. Mike sorry to here about the thread drop:(

dru1974
03-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Also a couple of times I felt like a real outsider.

Mobi1
03-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Look who hasn't opened his mouth since 8:52 a.m. ....lol.

eseebeck
03-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Ed,
nice to see your back. How was the boating? my lake is still covered with ICE. The hard water. In fact there are atvs and guys out fishing right now!!

So I am little envious of you.

Sounds like there are some folks upset about deleting threads and condesending or sarcastic comments made.

that's a bummer. Lost threads. The info on those threads were surely usefull and would be nice to access if neccessary. Unfortunately, they were deleted.

Life goes on. It's a bummer. You're still alright in my book.

perhaps the winter months are getting us down?

For all those who want to argue and fight, do the rest of us level headed folks a favor......

Go right now to the nearest MALIBU dealer, by a new Malibu, join their forum and then hack the daylights out of each other.

MOOMBA owners should love one another, embrace each other's shortcomings and live graciously and harmoniously with each other.

Now everyone hold hands, circle around our prized kangaroo and sing KUMBIYAA. It's gonna be alright fellas, honest.

sandm
03-20-2011, 05:17 PM
hate to say it, but I'm with some of the others here. there is absolutely NO reason for anyone to delete threads. that's the reason the mods lock them, but if you typed it for the world to see, then leave it be.

and fwiw, this the only forum I belong to that "loses" threads as well.