PDA

View Full Version : Season Has Started

jmb
03-17-2011, 09:10 PM
I am officially declaring that my Skiing/Wakeboarding season has begun. I have been out the past 3 out 4 weekends and it is going to be 80 this weekend so will go both days. Is there anypone else out there onboard with me on this? I believe my season is well underway.

harmsway
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
I am hoping to go out this weekend with air temps 80 degrees and water temps 60 degrees. I have all of my winter projects finished, started the boat yesterday, found a fuel leak @ the pressure regulator fixxed it today. Finished detailing our boat I am ready to hit the water. My 1st season with the Moomba I hope it is a good one. lol

jmb
03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Water temp is about 58. Wearing a wet suit. Helps alot

jmb
03-17-2011, 09:28 PM
That LS ought to be a great boat

jmb
03-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Ya gotta want to real bad. I admit, I am addicted and will try it in some pretty cold water. The wife does good at getting me up quick and picking me up quick.

harmsway
03-17-2011, 09:42 PM
When the water temps are this cool we usually wear shorty suits. You just have to try to get up as quick as possible so the sun can warm you back up. Its still a shock when you jump in.

skiyaker
03-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Just got word from one of my diving friends- surface temp 'round these parts is in the low 40s- Gonna pick my boat up on Saturday and bust out the dry suit- it's go time. The dry suit has easily added 2 months to my boating season- well worth the investment!

jmb
03-17-2011, 09:50 PM
My wet suit was well worth the money. I has gotten me out in some pretty cold water and made it somewhat bearable. I have never tried a dry suit. I agree though, if I have some good sun it helps.

07 lsv
03-18-2011, 06:56 PM
It is still pretty cold in Chicago...I plan to start in a few weeks. I still have some winter projects on the house and boat to do, but then I will be out there with my full wetsuit. Water temps will probably be in the 40's. Average air temps will be around 60. The 3/2 full wetsuit is a must for the first month of my season, then down to just a top, then the full season begins...

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-18-2011, 07:49 PM
hoping to get out again beginning of april again this year... usually water is in the 40's and air in the 50's. i agree the dry suit is some of the best money ever spent expanded my boating season by 3 months! you southern foke are lucky to have year around boating season even though you don't see it that way.

skiyaker
03-18-2011, 08:05 PM
II still have some winter projects on the house and boat to do, but then I will be out there with my full wetsuit.

LOL my wife just told me "I'm not ready to get the boat back- I didn't get all the work out of you this winter that I wanted!"

jmb
03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Living in the South definitely has its advantages as far as getting out early. I'm going to fill that 750+ bag tomorrow for the first time and see how we do. I'm ready to go.

Grant M
03-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Still 4 ft of snow up here ..... :(
On the plus side -- the lake levels will be higher ;)

jmb
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM
We just had 3 inches of rain a week ago so our lakes are full. Your winter season is too long for me. I'm from Spokane, Washington and the season is to short up there for me to. Joined the Navy, did a quick 20yrs and then moved here.

wolfeman131
03-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Put our boat in the lake & back on the lift yesterday as the storage unit lease is up at the end of the month & busy schedule full of kid's activities forced me to do it. It was great hearing the motor crank out that beautiful sound and a quick race across the lake has me really itching to go! Unfortunately, won't be back for another month, but some of my FL Moomba buds will help get me out on the water before then! For what it's worth, air temp was high 70's and water was 58.

skiyaker
03-19-2011, 06:49 PM
made it out today! Air temp 54 and sunny; water temp 45. Dry suit kept everything toasty except hands an feet! pics to follow...

07 lsv
03-19-2011, 07:04 PM
LOL my wife just told me "I'm not ready to get the boat back- I didn't get all the work out of you this winter that I wanted!"

Too funny. I have been pushing to get all repairs/upgrades done on the house as prices have fallen enough where I can get on the river where I board. The main hold back would be if I can't get enough for mine to make it work. I plan to call an agent out in the next week or so and see that they think I can get for this place. I guess time will tell...

jmb
03-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Had a great day today and going back out tomorrow. New bag works great.

moombabound
03-20-2011, 05:32 PM
You guys kidding me?!
Was up to my waist in snow yesterday.
Got some dynamite snowmobiling in.

Anyhow, with kids hockey ending 4 days ago, and the boat show on this weekend, actually got me to shift gears abit, so thought I'd tune in to this forum for the 1st time in 5 months.

Re: Boat show:
- For skiers...the Nautique Sport 200 V-drive...my, my, my...(whoops, wrong forum).
- Parks model X-Star was the nicest looking boat my 17 yr old said he had ever seen.
Just stood and stared at it. Meanwhile the dealer was writing up the sale on it, for a price that would buy a couple of Moombas AND the tow rig.
http://www.fuel.tv/photos-parks-bonifay-special-edition-2011-mastercraft/
- Mooba-wise, he also remarked at how chrome "MOOMBA" letters made a huge difference in appearance. I agreed, and can likely be added to mine, though not too keen on cleaning and waxing around those.
- Accessories dealer was chatting me up about Radar vs Connelly skiis, and suggested in the Spring I take both out for test drives. "Spring is coming?" I asked. Not too hastily in these parts this year. More snow on the way today.
- Seems Moomba has been jacking up their prices. Same boat is ~ 10 grand more, in just 4 years? That's 25%.

Last word: I really hope the analyst on CNBC Friday is incorrect in his prediction of pump prices this summer, or the lakes will be mighty quiet.

See you in the Spring (if/when)...

Grant M
03-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Ya your right - great sleddin - but Global Warming my Arse... We're going to have snow till well into May! :mad: But on the bright side the lake levels will be up! :)

jmb
03-20-2011, 08:37 PM
What a weekend. Doesn't get any better than it did. Tried to wear the boat out but I think it wore me out instead. New board, new rope, new bag and new pp cruise. Doesn't get any better than that.