PDA

View Full Version : HELP.... Rear Bags or space... HELP

clark
01-16-2005, 09:25 PM
OK, I need opinions of Mobius LSV owners, and I need it fast. I ordered a new Mobius LSV yesterday at the Atlanta boat show. I ordered the 3 bag ballast, but really would like that rear space. I realize that with the bags empty, you can use the storage. My concern is where to put the stuff I store there when the bags are loaded. I am contemplating calling tomorrow before the dealer places the order and cancelling the bags. Please give me opinions. I have 2 teenage boys that will be skiing and boarding. I really do not see them doing any wilds tricks that requires great height. Mostly just jumping wakes and 180's, you know, simple stuff. No flips or things like that. I have read responses, but now am at the 23rd hour and need help from you guys that have this boat and could be facing the same problem.

Thanks and please relpy quickly.

Clark

Aquaholic
01-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Is it the yellow and blue one?? You can use a piece of lexan clear plastic to make a shelve. Use a few brass L-brackets in four places to support the weight. You have time to see just how much space you use with the bags filled. You might not have to fill the bags totally full to get the shape wake you'll board behind. Just a thought.

clark
01-16-2005, 10:39 PM
The one I ordered was white on top with Brittney Blue on bottom. I am thinking about changing to the yellow over blue. So I guess you were at the Atlanta show. What did you think about that yellow / blue color scheme.

I know I have time until I get the boat, but I am trying to decide whether or not to keep the 3 bag as an option or cancel it and I have to do it in the morning. I wish I knew how the wake was with just the front center bag.

You are from Atlanta, right. My email is [email protected]. Either email me with you number and I will call you now, or just email me with some more comments. if you build a shelf for your stuff, how much room do you have?

Clark

Aquaholic
01-16-2005, 10:47 PM
email on the way

aquaholic

smokedog2
01-16-2005, 11:36 PM
IMHO, your boys will eventually want the bags. Need, no, want yes. I did not get the bags. My son is 9 and daughter is 5. My plan is to make my son buy the bags. Kids need a goal, just like adults. They are a bit spoiled because Dad also likes his toys. I spent the first 10 years of my life in a trailer park. My son does not believe me when he asked what toys I had as a boy and I tell him a ball. I got the boat because I believe the boat propaganda about family fun. We have been boating instead of playing baseball for three summers now and it has been great for my family. We love the water.

Leave the kids with friends; skip off to a cove with a bottle of wine. Watch the sun set. Those are good days.

If you are getting a boat to pull the family together and spending more than you can afford, it will not help. But for fun, sun exercise and a good time, the lake is the place.

My advice is to skip the bags and make the kids earn them. Take the money and buy a good or at least water resistant digital camera and enough memory for 100 pictures. I bought a spare battery so that one is always charged. My screen saver rotates through my photo album.

Maybe I’ll attach a couple pictures to wet your appetite.

smokedog2
01-16-2005, 11:37 PM
nm

smokedog2
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
By the way, I still cannot see pictures on this web site. I think I post them fine but the computer goes through the cycle but does not leave teh image window open.

Sd2

sextons
01-17-2005, 09:24 AM
We have an 03 Mobius LSV and in my opinion I'd get the bags. Once your sons start riding and get better they will most likely want a bigger wake. What type of items do are you needing to store? If you didn't get board racks you need those for sure to keep your boards up out of the boat. We can still fit 2 slalom skis in the back locker with the bags filled. If you really need space for skis you can purchase tower racks for slalom skis too.

Yellowmobius
01-17-2005, 10:41 AM
YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO NOT GET THE BAGS!

Down the road and for resale I am 99% sure I can say you would be sorry if you did not get the bags.

SkiKY
01-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I have an LSV that I primarily use for slalom skiing so I have little use for the the bags, however I still had them factory installed for the resale and so it is prewired and plumbed in case I ever want to use them. The last thing you want to do is manually fill and empty aftermarket bags and the installation of an automatic system is pretty involved.

If you find you are not using them and want them out of the way so they are not punctured by storing misc. items they are very easily removed with two hose connections on each bag.

clark
01-17-2005, 03:36 PM
You talked me in to it. Some great pics sent also. Sextons, You helped alot by telling me about the skis. That was one concern. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on a new boat and have to pick and choose what to leave at the dock. I also had Aquaholic recommend building a shelf above the area of the full bags. Don't know yet how much room is above the bags when full. You guys have been great with your suggestions. I called this morning and added the tri-color and kept the bags. I am getting a yellow over brittney blue Mobius LSV. I would have never chosen those colors but I saw that combo on an 05 Mobius LSV and it looked SHARP. Now the hard part. The waiting. and waiting. I got a really good deal so no complaints and the guys at the show were great. I also met Rick Tinker again, the President of Skiers Choice. He's a great guy and the dealer seems to be really good also. When I get it, I will post some pics. Thanks again for the help.

Clark

sextons
01-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Clark
Good to hear the advice helped. You'll love the LSV, it's a great boat. There's actually a lot of room in the back compartments even with the sacs full, we generally have extra life vests, wet suits, gloves, towels, food, ropes, helmets, pretty much everything you can think of stuffed back there and still have room for more. We can fit 2 slalom skis on the side with the cooler when the sacs are full and depending how how long the skis are a couple more up under the glove box.
I think your color combo will look real nice.
Ryan