PDA

View Full Version : WS 420 help

rdlangston13
03-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok so I was looking at my boat today on the first day of the stereo install (due to making parts run and the g/f's brother having to go to the ER i got close to nothing done) and I can not find any good way to mount my WS420 under the dash.

I was wondering if anyone else with a WS420 could provide some insight on how they mounted theirs

brain_rinse
03-16-2011, 08:13 PM
You can get creative with some angle brackets and get it mounted just under the lower lip of the dash. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

For my boat I tracked down the company that makes the switch panels and got them to make me some blank panels, then cut out the row of switches higher up than stock and added a spot for the eq just below them. Another option if you're feeling ambitious. :)

Edit: here's a pic
https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4838&d=1270230707

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
I mounted mine under the steering wheel with L brackets bolted to the steering wheel mount bolts. I attached a piece of black abs plastic to the underside of the L brackets and then screwed the ws420 mounts to the black abs plastic. My obv dash lip did not have enough room for the L bracket screws. I will try and find the picture

harmsway
03-16-2011, 09:27 PM
I recently mounted a boost box under the dash using some trim channel for a metal buildings. This may help you or give you some ideas. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to mount it. Worked pretty good and a clean install.
This is a link to some pics of the install. Last few pics on page one.

https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?albumid=397

EarmarkMarine
03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
You can solve any structural mounting and adaption with either heat-formed 1/4-inch thick ABS (thick enough for structural purposes) and easy to bend/shape or cross cut aluminum 'L' channel in combination with 1/2-inch thick painted birch or HDPE. Its nice to have a little excess space on a shelf to strain relieve the RCAs coming of the back off the EQ.

David
Earmark Marine

csm
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Mine is mounted vertically on the right side of where you sit. It's on the front of the panel that holds the throttle, down a little ways close to where your calves are when you're sitting. Hard to describe, but it's worked out well for me. The microphone sits in the cupholders under the dash.

newty
03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Here's mine. Like CSM's I believe.