PDA

View Full Version : WTB: RULE Discharge Pump

squeeg333
03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey fellas, I am looking to add an IBS this spring, and am looking for an additional discharge pump for the bow sack. I'd like to keep it looking stock, at least for now, so I am looking for one of these RULE livewell discharge pumps that Skiers uses.

I see a lot of people doing the ballast upgrades, and was hopeful that someone might be going with reversable pumps and getting rid of their dischage pumps.

Let me know, thanks guys!

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Only place i could find them was at my dealer. Rule stopped making that model a few years ago and came out with new ones. so most have gone with tsunami at wake makes or your local wally world.
my .02

the 403f is now the 403fc

here is a good link.

http://www.cgedwards.com/Rule/rule03.html

squeeg333
03-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Solid, thanks Jmvotto. I thought that might be the way I had to go. I was hoping to avoid going thru the dealer, as I wasn't sure how long it would take to get (since vinyls took 6 months). Though, they really don't have to make anything for a pump!

brain_rinse
03-16-2011, 02:13 PM
The tsunami 800s will outperform the rule pumps by quite a bit, plus they are half the cost. But I hear you on the factory look of the rules, and if a used one turns up then why not.

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Solid, thanks Jmvotto. I thought that might be the way I had to go. I was hoping to avoid going thru the dealer, as I wasn't sure how long it would take to get (since vinyls took 6 months). Though, they really don't have to make anything for a pump!

They sent them direct from sc once i paid took a week and the deutch connectors were attached.

as Brain said the tsunamis pump about 100gph moreand are like 10.00 less minus the shipping

Canuckle Head
03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
I am switching over to reversible and may be able to help you out. However, I haven't started my install yet so no idea when it will become available.

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 03:01 PM
I got second dibs if squeeg does not want them, and wade if you doing it this spring.....

Canuckle Head
03-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes, doing it this spring for sure. I am soooo over using a manual pump. It's time consuming and messy. Will be starting it at the end of this month actually if the weather starts to improve. I figure it's going to take me a couple of weeks to get it all sorted out.

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Not as hard as you think. Preplan preplan and preplan. I did my g1 to g111 in about 5.5 hrs by myself last august. have any questions pm . i will be doing my IBS as well this spring.

Canuckle Head
03-16-2011, 03:37 PM
More like getting myself psyched up to change out the 3/4" intake to a 1" and then install a 2nd 1" intake. Then there is the additional thru-hulls that I Need to install.

Then there is the installation of the ballst switches, oh and the transom lights too. By the end of this I should be an expert when it comes to cutting holes in fiberglass!

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
More like getting myself psyched up to change out the 3/4" intake to a 1" and then install a 2nd 1" intake. Then there is the additional thru-hulls that I Need to install.

Then there is the installation of the ballst switches, oh and the transom lights too. By the end of this I should be an expert when it comes to cutting holes in fiberglass!

"canadian Beer" will give you that encouragement;)

squeeg333
03-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Canuckle, that would be great. I'm only looking for one, so, I suppose is JMV is looking, you might have them all sold before you even start your work!

kaneboats
03-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Shoot, I don't care about "factory" looks on a pump that's invisible anyway. If I swap out the one on my surf bag (I have an extra rule 2000 -- which we all know is really a 1200-- in a box somewhere), I'll have a one hour auction on here starting at $5.

Canuckle Head
03-16-2011, 03:57 PM
I have the GI system so there is only the fill pump and the 1 discharge pump.

squeeg333
03-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Well, I would certainly be interested in either yours Kane, or your Canuckle! You guys just keep me posted on your projects if you would!

Canuckle Head
03-16-2011, 04:30 PM
No worries. I was planning on creating a thread on it.

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Well, I would certainly be interested in either yours Kane, or your Canuckle! You guys just keep me posted on your projects if you would!

kanes is a fill pump, so the rule evac pump is yours.. i am adding a dual fill pump so i already have two of those.

kaneboats
03-17-2011, 08:22 AM
I meant I am thinking of putting that "fill" pump in place of the evac pump so my surf bag empties faster. Don't you think it would work?

moombadaze
03-17-2011, 08:33 AM
I meant I am thinking of putting that "fill" pump in place of the evac pump so my surf bag empties faster. Don't you think it would work?

Yes it will.

kaneboats
03-17-2011, 08:50 AM
I dropped that Rule 2000 pump on the floor and cracked the plastic housing around the motor. I superglued it back together and it's been sitting in a box for a year. There was no damage to the pump end and it doesn't leak but I can't really sell it to anyone because it might not work so well as a submersible pump anymore. So, I thought about using it myself in place of the 800 that empties the surf bag.

I guess the other question is if there's room for it in there.

jmvotto
03-17-2011, 09:24 AM
I dropped that Rule 2000 pump on the floor and cracked the plastic housing around the motor. I superglued it back together and it's been sitting in a box for a year. There was no damage to the pump end and it doesn't leak but I can't really sell it to anyone because it might not work so well as a submersible pump anymore. So, I thought about using it myself in place of the 800 that empties the surf bag.

mounting that puppy low enough is going to be a challenge, but i have faith in your skills... post up some pics when done.

moombadaze
03-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I thought about using it myself in place of the 800 that empties the surf bag.

It should almost be a plug and play, I swapped mine out. Really simple as the fittings for the hoses will transfer over-same size at 3/4", cut and splice 2 wires-power and ground-they should be the same color-brown and black. It might even fit in the aluminum mount-if not, simple to fab something up. That will empty your surf bag way faster. Best of all-free upgrade

kaneboats
03-17-2011, 11:27 AM
That will empty your surf bag way faster. Best of all-free upgrade

My kind of upgrade. I got the two rule pumps about 2-3 years ago for around 35 each in the middle of winter. I put the first one on a T with the factory Rule pump after using it for a couple seasons throwing it over the side of the Outback. The other one got dropped and fixed and I've been thinking about whether I wanted to add it in to help fill somehow. But, we only fill the center when we wakeboard-- with our crew and the center bag full plus the wakeplate it's plenty of wake for our skill level. The two pumps filling the surf bag through my modified manifold with the Irritrol valve are pretty darn quick too. But, we sit there waiting for the surf bag to empty all the time. I'm going to do it.

squeeg333
03-17-2011, 12:47 PM
I thought that is what you meant about selling that pump Kane. I would be interested, for sure, if it comes up for sale before Canuckle's. Let me know!!!

jmvotto
03-17-2011, 02:45 PM
My bad, but i will take the other one if available.

kaneboats
03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Gotta give me some time. Hands full with truck issues and heading out for a family sp. brk trip soon.