PDA

View Full Version : Damage :( What do I do?

98 Outback
03-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Please help the roof collapsed where I was storing my 98 Outback for winter. Have a look what should I do about the holes in the top deck. None through the hull.

brain_rinse
03-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Sorry that happened... what a bummer. That's a pretty big hole through the top. I'd get a couple of good fiberglass shops to take a look and get their professional opinion. You may want to look into diminished value as well, depending on the extent of the damages. Good luck!

mmandley
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
WOW sorry to see that bro. Honestly i think they will call it a total unless your paying out of pocket. Thats more glass damage then the boat is valued at on the market 7 to 12K.

I would follow Brains advise and get it looked at to see what it will cost though. If its insured might look at what they will give you as a total and look into a newer boat. If thats not an option you can sometimes get the insurance to Total the boat and then buy it right back from them as a salvage title. Then use your extra money from insurance to repair the boat.

kaneboats
03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
OMG, I think I might cry. That has to be just devastating. I hope you have insurance.

zabooda
03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't think it is as bad as you think unless there is damage below the deck.

11 Outback V
03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Where are you located? Depending on your location that might not be too bad of a repair given a few other obstacles being met.
If you can find someone with the same model boat that will let you pull a mold from there boat matching the damage area you can easily repair yours. Nodamage will be done to the donor boat. Have a glass shop pull a mold then build a part and glass it to you your boat. we have done this on many race boats in the past. Sounds easy but it is a time consuming process so insurance might be the best bet, if it applies.

Lawdog
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Doesn't look like anything some duct tape wont fix....Actually that really sucks. Hope insurance takes care of you.

Canuckle Head
03-16-2011, 01:49 AM
I just threw up in my mouth........

moombadaze
03-16-2011, 07:09 AM
thats a shame stuff like that happens

snowboardcorey
03-16-2011, 04:00 PM
11 Outback V hit this spot on. You are going to need have a mold made to recreate the rear end of your boat, we fixed a similar issue on an X-15.

jmvotto
03-16-2011, 04:39 PM
sorry to see that kind of damage, maybe some insurance will get you into a new one or the mold trick will prolly do it.