PDA

View Full Version : Bimini and Canopy Top

snyderaaron
03-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Is there a difference between the two? Does anybody have pictures of theirs?

sandm
03-14-2011, 06:39 PM
not sure that this is what you are looking for.
skiers used 3 bimini's that I'm aware of(now 4 with the addition of the new tower moomba's have the option of getting). the infamouz Z5 cargo rack that everyone loves, but cost as much as a small used honda..
then they used 2 "standard" bimini's.
I have this one-the forward tower bimini. smaller, but less parts and keeps the bimini at tower height, hence out of the way and stores flat against the top of the tower-out of the way..
http://barrycappsmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SupraSunsport2011a-e1297712794468.jpg

then the standard bimini..
http://waterskimag.com/files/2010/12/moombaob_runningfront-600x399.jpg

tnbrooks01
03-14-2011, 10:28 PM
I really like the looks of the forward tower bimini. Keeping the bimini at tower height is huge.

Razzman
03-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I really like the looks of the forward tower bimini. Keeping the bimini at tower height is huge.

And also a lot less coverage too though, rear passengers get no coverage at all with that design. I had that option and nixed it for a custom bimini, 6' long and i can still walk under np, glad i did.

sandm
03-15-2011, 07:57 AM
ya the forward tower does really only provide some shade for driver and someone sitting next to them.

it works great for us here, but I can see where it would not be ideal for other areas. we have docks on our lake that we use when we want out of the sun for a few hours. if we didn't, I would have opted for the full bimini and sucked up the lower height.

newty
03-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Love that bimini Razz! May have to make one for the Z-5! Ok I'm not ambitious I'll have one made.:p

c.rix
03-17-2011, 04:36 PM
On that supra look at where the back seat is in relation to where the back of the tower is at. I bet the people in the rear seat get as much shade as the front, but that is only a 20' boat it wouldn't work as nice on a 23'r

I know on my boat if you come down quick from the sundeck and dont look you will knock your buck teeth out

on my obv I would be adding the style that snaps on the tower and opens forward covering the driver well since from what Ive found I end up in the driver seat way longer then the rest

evoimport6
03-19-2011, 08:04 AM
And also a lot less coverage too though, rear passengers get no coverage at all with that design. I had that option and nixed it for a custom bimini, 6' long and i can still walk under np, glad i did.

What kind of bimini is that, I am in the market.