PDA

View Full Version : Moomba EZ-Cruise worth anything?

deafgoose
03-13-2011, 11:59 AM
I upgraded my ez-cruise to perfect pass last fall and now I have the ez-cruise laying around the house.

Just wondering if people buy these modules and if so, how much do they sell for?

ian ashton
03-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Which PP did you get, and what did it cost, if you don't mind me asking. That's something I'm thinking about doing as well...

deafgoose
03-13-2011, 04:17 PM
I got the PP stargazer GPS. I dont remember the exact cost to be honest.

usaski1
03-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Stargazer was $1150 shipped I think. I would have went with Zero Off, but my motor needed a new ecm for that, so I said forget it. Stargazer is MUCH
BETTER than Moomba cruise. Installed myself in an hour or so. Easy install.

Hillbilly
03-13-2011, 05:16 PM
My ez cruise must be broke ! Because it works fine with 2500lbs in my LSV. I always hear ppl complain about ez cruise. I guess I don't understand the problems everybody has with them. It does slow down on turns but I've ridden a lot of boats with pp that don't hold a speed anywhere near as good as mine holds.
Or is it the fact that it's only rpm based that ppl don't like.

What am I missing ?

deafgoose
03-13-2011, 06:04 PM
My ez cruise must be broke ! Because it works fine with 2500lbs in my LSV. I always hear ppl complain about ez cruise. I guess I don't understand the problems everybody has with them. It does slow down on turns but I've ridden a lot of boats with pp that don't hold a speed anywhere near as good as mine holds.
Or is it the fact that it's only rpm based that ppl don't like.

What am I missing ?

People hate it because its RPM based.

If you slow down in a turn using PP, its because you dont have enough throttle. I can maintain perfect speed in a turn.

jmb
03-13-2011, 07:45 PM
I love my Stargazer PP. Was out today as a matter of fact. Did some skiing and wakeboarding. You can even adjust how responsive (how fast it speeds up and slows down) it will be. Also retains all your info even if you turn the key off.

Hillbilly
03-13-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm just used to rpm I guess because my old 86 Nautique I used to go by rpm since the speedo's didn't work.

I've heard the new gps version PP has issue's on rivers with current is that true ? I guess I just can't justify spending the $ on PP yet. My biggest issue with the EZ cruise is when I forget to turn off the switch between riders and have the dead throttle.

And as long as we all get good pulls who cares if it's PP or EZ cruise right ! LOL

:)

deafgoose
03-13-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm just used to rpm I guess because my old 86 Nautique I used to go by rpm since the speedo's didn't work.

I've heard the new gps version PP has issue's on rivers with current is that true ? I guess I just can't justify spending the $ on PP yet. My biggest issue with the EZ cruise is when I forget to turn off the switch between riders and have the dead throttle.

And as long as we all get good pulls who cares if it's PP or EZ cruise right ! LOL

:)

Yes. All GPS based speed controllers have issues on rivers.

I add 2 MPH when going down stream and it works perfectly.

Hillbilly
03-13-2011, 11:58 PM
you add speed when going with the current? I thought you would add speed when going up river?

I ride the Sacramento river and I always prefer to ride up river, It just seems like the wake is better going against the current to me.

deafgoose
03-14-2011, 12:29 AM
you add speed when going with the current? I thought you would add speed when going up river?

I ride the Sacramento river and I always prefer to ride up river, It just seems like the wake is better going against the current to me.

That's right. Add speed when going down river.

Water that passes under your wakeboard at 20MPH going up river will be faster than going 20MPH down river so you add more speed.

New Guy
03-16-2011, 10:09 AM
If it would work with a 02 LSV I might give you a little something for it.

Elevated1
03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Would you mind posting a pic of the installed pp star gazer.
Thanks.