PDA

View Full Version : winter is over

yearround
03-11-2011, 06:25 PM
winter is over, we made it out last night for our first ride of the year. water was still a bit cool at 45, but the dry suit kept me toasty warm, and the heater is nice too.

the moomba started right up after the long winter nap since thanksgiving. we had a few loose screws that needed tightening here and there, but if that is the problem, then i can accept them.

one thing that happened last year on thanksgiving, the air was pretty cool, about 25, the vinyl on the rear sun deck got wet and froze, then the vinyl cracked and broke, etc. i guess i should take a pic and ask for repair suggestions, or just replace the cover.

Hope you get out soon to those who have not been able to get out yet, those of you who have decent weather but have not yet been, well you should get out.

kaneboats
03-12-2011, 12:17 AM
So glad you got out! Nice and toasty there, right? Can you tell us what screws were loose. I mean I have a screw loose every now and then but it's nice to know where to look.

yearround
03-14-2011, 12:39 AM
flat- it was a bit windy and i had a big run on saturday that i could not be beatup, the first few rides always remind me of places i don't know about. i just boarded, by daughter did both.

kane- good point on loose screws. the ones we noticed; one was the windshield post screw, it came all the way out, fortunately we found it. several screws on the rear deck were loose also, did not loose any of those. also, have had several of the nuts on the back of the side cushions come off and regularly check them. i am really ready to put a shot of locktite on them.

next ride? this week i hope.

BensonWdby
03-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Wel I sort of got out this weekend. I helped put in a permanent slalom course - through 3 feet of ice....

The week before I got out once while in Belize - on salt water... Very rough. On a 69" HO Triumph - now I know where wake sufing got it's start.