PDA

View Full Version : Soo annoyed with SeaDek right now

07 lsv
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
So, I sent an email to Jason about a group buy for SeaDek swim platform pads and hadn't heard anything back yet. I decided to try calling and asked for him. The lady that answered the phone asked who I was and what I wanted, so I told her...She the proceeded to tell me that they have put group buys on hold because they have had too many people that take too long to get their payments in (they don't start processing the order until everyone has paid). I guess some people were taking like 3 weeks to get their payment in and the other people in the group buy were getting annoyed.

She then proceeded to say that unless I (or anyone for that matter) could get all of the order information and submit it to them at once. I asked her what that entailed. She then proceeded to tell me that she needed pad info, people's names, address, credit card info, etc. Really, who is going to give credit card info to another member to order a new pad? That is just asking for trouble. I wouldn't give mine out. She did say that they are trying to figure out a more efficient way of doing this, but the group buys have been put on hold until then.

SeaDek may have a good product, but there recent policy changes suck! They wont tell you what pad you need anymore based on your boat info and now this. They are making this so difficult, that I am seriously considering just leaving my current pad or finding another company to give my business to.

This lady that I keep getting from both the 800 number and the number that another member had in another post about contacts for the group buy wont do anything. Next she will tell me that they don't warranty their pads anymore and that you can't order any custom pads!

Hopefully Jason comes back with something for me.

sandm
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
not to defend seadek, but put their shoes on. you are asking them to give you a discount and asking them to do extra legwork..

ian ashton
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I had a great experiance in dealing with Jason, but I didn't go through a group buy. Infact, I believe I have the most expensive Moomba swim platform pad ever created, haha!

07 lsv
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I guess I expect too much from companies. I expect a company that has done as much business as they have with Moomba owners, to knowwhich of their products work on which boats. The group buy thing was just another item to add to my frustration.

Razzman
03-11-2011, 04:35 PM
I hate To say this but Moomba is by far the only forum that they deal with or want group buys. I'm sure its been a nightmare for them. Their business has grown 10 fold since I introduced them in '08. The "special interest" groups aren't helping either. They now are OEM to many mfgrs as well. So IMO cut them some slack and try and work with them to get a resolution. Wait and see what Jason says. Btw nobody makes pads like these but Seadek that I know of.

jmvotto
03-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I had a great experience with them in december, custom order as well.

Ian yours is pretty slick looking.

rdlangston13
03-11-2011, 05:12 PM
what does ians look like?? i want the TX state flag on mine, could they do this?

jmvotto
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
what does ians look like?? i want the TX state flag on mine, could they do this?

here is his thread

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11491&highlight=moomba

I think we may have jacked the OP, sorry 07 LSV

mmandley
03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
07 i set up a group buy 2 years ago and im in the market for another pad as SC just sent me a new swim deck and it has no pad on it. They sent my the 2011 pad and its not the Seadek

What i did was the 10 people all PMed me and gave me all the info except the CC number. I then forwarded all that to Chuck. Then it took about a week for the other 9 people. The good thing is if you set this up and run the show then you have all the Phone numbers and can call people direct.

It is truly a group effort and this is where i expect the group falls apart. You have to lead and own this and trust me as being one who has done this you put in more work setting it up and doing it then you save on the pad.

But in the long run you know you helped 9 other Moomba owners out lol. I might start another GB in a month or two i have to make sure i have the funds to blow with all the other projects i got right now.

ian ashton
03-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Why did you get a new platform, Mike?

mmandley
03-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Why did you get a new platform, Mike?

The original cracked across the bottom where the black under the deck meets the colored gell coat.

Now I have 2 platforms so I'm tempted to cut the rear lip off my old one and try it for surfing. There's lots of chatter about the lip hurting the wave but I know I need the deck on the boat as taking it off makes the wave nasty.

We will see how it works out lol

Eighter way I'll use it as wall art in the garage.

bzubke1
03-12-2011, 11:25 AM
We took the platform completely off and set it on the sun deck one day surfing and didn't notice any noticable difference in the wave size or cleanliness. I was suprised honestly. I would give that a shot before cutting anything just to make sure it's worth your time.