PDA

View Full Version : Another Group Buy for SeaDek Pads?

07 lsv
03-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I am planning to buy a new seadek pad for my swim platform as I am sick of the black marks getting tracked in on my vinyl. I am working on getting measurements for the pad on my boat, but I figured I would see if enough people were interested for us all to save 20% - this puts a $220 pad at $176. If there is not much interest, then I will probably just order mine.

I see that they have new bimini blue that seems to look close to the blue on my boat that I am interested in. The color is not listed under the swim pad selection but can be ordered via phone. The blue is currently available as a top color and will be available as a bottom color in the next few months.

Anyone interested in a group buy?

rdlangston13
03-11-2011, 01:21 AM
if i can get a custom design on it i would be interested

sandjclark
03-11-2011, 06:53 AM
I am interested!

jmvotto
03-11-2011, 08:59 AM
you can now get a SeaDek one-piece pad in faux teak! www.seadek.com

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=3223

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=3222

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=3224

Ed, I think that one will be a little extra..great dek though.

moombadaze
03-11-2011, 09:25 AM
The more I see that faux teak pad the more I like it, best of both worlds with it, looks, and soft on the knee's

Copen80
03-11-2011, 09:35 AM
07 lsv...I sent you a PM with a couple questions...

Sea N' Things
03-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I am interested in the group buy , Thx!

07 lsv
03-11-2011, 01:59 PM
So, I sent an email to Jason about the group buy and hadn't hear anything back yet, so I decided to try calling and asked for him. The lady that answered the phone asked who I was and what I wanted, so I told her...She the proceeded to tell me that they have put group buys on hold because they have had too many people that take too long to get their payments in. They don't start processing the order until everyone has paid. I am hoping that Jason gets back to me with better news. I am starting a new thread on this and elaborating more.

achilles50
03-12-2011, 09:45 AM
I also am planning to buy a Sea Dek pad for my 2008 LSV. I would be interested in the group buy if that comes together. What is the best way to remove the orginal black non-slip that came on the platform?

mmandley
03-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I also am planning to buy a Sea Dek pad for my 2008 LSV. I would be interested in the group buy if that comes together. What is the best way to remove the orginal black non-slip that came on the platform?

Leave it in the sun a couple hours or use a heat gun on low and use plyers and a plastic putty knife.

Start at the edge and once you get it started use the heat gun to soften the glue as you pull it off.

Clean with mineral spirits, goo gone, or fuel as some have used lol.

04OUTBACK
03-13-2011, 05:05 PM
count me in if they come around. I remember the last one they said they were too busy and gonna take a break from Group buys..

Majestic
03-13-2011, 08:37 PM
There are several Owner's forums that are trying to get a group buy going and none of them are having success. They do make a great product though I have had mine for one season and think its worth full price.

c.rix
03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
how much for the faux teak pad?

bbridger
03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Count me in - just let me know when you're ready to place the order. LOVE the faux-teak!

Jaysurf
03-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey guys,

First I just want to say that the Moomba forum was one of the first to really get behind SeaDek in a big way and we haven't forgotten that. You guys have helped us to learn a lot about our products and brought us to the attention of a lot of other people in the industry and continue to be a valuable resource. I keep an eye on the forum pretty regularly and always find something interesting in the threads.

In regard to group buys and our recent policy change. When we first started the group buys we were only dealing with on or two groups a month and while back and forth emails and organizing of individuals information was a bit time consuming, it wasn't overwhelming. Since then however our situation has changed a bit.

First, we've grown. Thanks to people like you, other owners forums have learned about us and instead of one or two group buys a month from one forum we are getting a dozen group buy requests from lot's of forums like yours. That means organizing, coordinating and answering questions from hundreds of people, sometime working through the group leader and sometimes directly with the individuals and as you can imagine things quickly deteriorate from a "group buy" into a bunch of individual orders thus nullifying the original idea of a group buy all together. This has overwhelmed our internal resources which we are still rebuilding after the damage done by the cuts we had to make during the down turn in the marine industry. Because of this we ended the group buy program, at least for the time being.

Secondly, we try to match pad to boat info as best we can but it is hard to verify all the different model years to swim platform outlines definitively. Many manufacturers use the same platform for different boats and then we find some boats of the same model year get different platforms. We ask that each customer we work with verify the dimensions of their platform compared to the pad we are producing for them so that we can be sure the pad is going to fit before it goes out the door. Early on we had to remake a lot of pads because we made assumptions about sizing. Making a pad, shipping it to a customer and then having to make a new one and trash the old one because it didn't fit isn't a good business model and doesn't make for happy customers, so now we measure twice and cut once as my Grandfather used to say.

All that said, I'm sorry that you had a frustrating experience 07. We've built our name on customer satisfaction and don't intent to let our growth effect that. As a U.S. manufacturer we take a lot of pride in our product and our loyalty to our customers and their support. I am creating a discount code for 15% off all orders place online or over the phone from today until April 15th. The code is: MOOMBA15. Enter this code during checkout on the store or just give it to us when you call in your order.

Also, just to clarify, we are not currently supplying Moomba with product. I believe they have chosen to work with another supplier but I'm not sure who. You'll have to check with the factory.

Thanks you guys again for all your support. If there is ever anything I can do personally to assist you in the future don't hesitate to drop me an email: [email protected]

Al the best,

Jason Gardner
VP Advertising
SeaDek, Inc.
485 Gus Hipp Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955

sandm
03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
dang.. I just received my 18"x75" pad to replace the trailer padding :(
could have used 15% off....

It's real nice stuff.

skiyaker
03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Jason that's awesome that you showed up to explain the situation, and even more awesome that you're hitting us with a nice discount.

Had it not been for this forum I probably wouldn't know anything about your product- as it stands I just finished installing my new moombaroo platform pad. I can't wait to see how it holds up to the rigors of the boating season.

jmvotto
03-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Jason kudos for the explanation and for the forum discount. Can you make that retroactive to dec 15, 2010 when I ordered mine. Lol just kidding can't wait to get it on next month.

viking
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Had it not been for this forum I probably wouldn't know anything about your product.

Same Here. Glad I joined if only for that bit of knowledge but I've gotten so much more. Great stuff and pretty much sells itself once you feel it.
Have the swim step pad and then just ordered some more for custom applications (a little more $$ than hydroturf or other stuff) but worth it!

skiyaker
03-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Have the swim step pad and then just ordered some more for custom applications (a little more $$ than hydroturf or other stuff) but worth it!

I'm thinking of ordering some for the bow walkthrough- for some reason my boat doesn't have carpet there and it can lead to some nasty tumbles when the youngsters don't stay put while the moomba is turnin' and burnin'

04OUTBACK
03-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Great Offer! Thanks. I'll have to go measure mine if I can get into the storage unit!

ANyone have dimensions of 06 LSV Platform they can share in case I cant get over to measure mine (No access without the storage facility letting me in.)

deafgoose
03-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Great Offer! Thanks. I'll have to go measure mine if I can get into the storage unit!

ANyone have dimensions of 06 LSV Platform they can share in case I cant get over to measure mine (No access without the storage facility letting me in.)

Measure your own swim platform.

Like he said, it may be different for the same model/year.

The question that you need to ask yourself, is it worth the risk to take another members measurements?

moombadaze
03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
PLEASE stop showing that photo-your costing me money

Sea N' Things
03-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Is this group buy moving forward? I am in if it is ....

brain_rinse
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Is this group buy moving forward? I am in if it is ....
Check the message Jaysurf posted above.

Canuckle Head
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
you'd rather I post the shorts photo?

This would really look good on blue.

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=3222

But without the Roo of course..... :p

Sea N' Things
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Check the message Jaysurf posted above.

Thank you brain, sry but skipped/missed Jasons post from SeaDek. Thank you so much for posting Jason and explaining your current position. I will be giving you guys a call and ordering.....:p

E4NASH
03-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Awesome! I will be placing my order shortly!

deafgoose
05-03-2011, 02:56 AM
That coupon code is expired. We need a new one! :)

The "wife" wants to order me a faux teak seadek for my b-day.

maxpower220
05-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Here is the 3 piece SeaDeck in Faux Teak. It is the Brown/Black color combo.

c.rix
05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Here is the 3 piece SeaDeck in Faux Teak. It is the Brown/Black color combo.

how much them cost

Sea N' Things
05-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I may be interested as well, whats the price?

Copen80
05-04-2011, 09:21 AM
I recently ordered a Faux-Teak one piece with the Roo, apparently the material is in high demand. Below is a copy and paste of an e-mail from Joe Norton updating my order status....

Due to the high demand for our faux teak products our raw supplies were exhausted quicker than forecasted this quarter. Being the custom products manager I was not informed till earlier this week that a number of custom orders could not be made due to the lack of material. FYI, typically once the CAD work for the parts is approved and order by the customer it is out my hands and then in productions hand. Our estimated in house date for more material is May 24 or 25. If you would like to wait till then for the faux teak that would be greatly appreciated. Also we can offer to you the choice to choose from our other teak materials instead which we have in stock; teak and holly, titanium teak, and honey teak (attached are example photos of each). You could also choose a combination of any two of the non-teak colors if you want at a 25% less cost. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience this may cause and since this has happen I have asked to be kept up to date on materials coming and going. Please advise how I can take care of this for you. Thank you

Thought you all may be interested if you are considering placing an order...

oregonboarder
06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
My sun deck was beginning to look like a tire store with all the black from my step. I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered mine as well. I was disappointed to find they are running terribly behind schedule though. I placed my order on June 5th with a promised three week delivery and found after calling today my order won't arrive until the second week of July at best. I have to be honest, I was a little less than pleased. I'm sure it's a great product, but just be prepared to wait a long time to get it. The person I spoke with was friendly enough, but pretty much told me tough... we're running behind.

KSmith
06-28-2011, 07:04 AM
I got mine the other day and got it installed last night. I got the Titanium Faux Teak with the Roo, looks GREAT! I'll try to remember to get a picture of it before I take the boat over to storage tonight.

I ordered mine around the end of May, it took about 4 weeks...

kaneboats
06-28-2011, 10:55 AM
The first time you climb on the platform coming out of the water you will know it was worth the wait. And, it looks great!

Elite Marine
06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Just ordered the Titanium Teak Roo for our 2001 Outback...cant wait!

Mikey
06-29-2011, 09:14 PM
I wanted to order a pad as well,but sizing was a little off so they are sending me a template first,THEN CANADA POST went on strike, i'm hoping to Maybe have a template and or new pad installed by Winterizing time.........

deafgoose
07-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Does anyone have a valid coupon code for Seadek?

ducatichris
07-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Looking to purchase one also so whats the scoop with another group buy?

Does Joe at SeaDek give the Forums a special deal?

Im all ears.

Chris
Red/White 2005 Outback

cpatten
07-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I am looking to purchase a SEADEK in the next 3-5 days if a group buy pops up I am in!

E4NASH
07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Does anyone have a valid coupon code for Seadek?

Have you tried MOOMBA15 thats what I used when I ordered mine but that was back in April...

brain_rinse
07-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Here was the response from SeaDek posted earlier in this thread.

Hey guys,

First I just want to say that the Moomba forum was one of the first to really get behind SeaDek in a big way and we haven't forgotten that. You guys have helped us to learn a lot about our products and brought us to the attention of a lot of other people in the industry and continue to be a valuable resource. I keep an eye on the forum pretty regularly and always find something interesting in the threads.

In regard to group buys and our recent policy change. When we first started the group buys we were only dealing with on or two groups a month and while back and forth emails and organizing of individuals information was a bit time consuming, it wasn't overwhelming. Since then however our situation has changed a bit.

First, we've grown. Thanks to people like you, other owners forums have learned about us and instead of one or two group buys a month from one forum we are getting a dozen group buy requests from lot's of forums like yours. That means organizing, coordinating and answering questions from hundreds of people, sometime working through the group leader and sometimes directly with the individuals and as you can imagine things quickly deteriorate from a "group buy" into a bunch of individual orders thus nullifying the original idea of a group buy all together. This has overwhelmed our internal resources which we are still rebuilding after the damage done by the cuts we had to make during the down turn in the marine industry. Because of this we ended the group buy program, at least for the time being.

Secondly, we try to match pad to boat info as best we can but it is hard to verify all the different model years to swim platform outlines definitively. Many manufacturers use the same platform for different boats and then we find some boats of the same model year get different platforms. We ask that each customer we work with verify the dimensions of their platform compared to the pad we are producing for them so that we can be sure the pad is going to fit before it goes out the door. Early on we had to remake a lot of pads because we made assumptions about sizing. Making a pad, shipping it to a customer and then having to make a new one and trash the old one because it didn't fit isn't a good business model and doesn't make for happy customers, so now we measure twice and cut once as my Grandfather used to say.

All that said, I'm sorry that you had a frustrating experience 07. We've built our name on customer satisfaction and don't intent to let our growth effect that. As a U.S. manufacturer we take a lot of pride in our product and our loyalty to our customers and their support. I am creating a discount code for 15% off all orders place online or over the phone from today until April 15th. The code is: MOOMBA15. Enter this code during checkout on the store or just give it to us when you call in your order.

Also, just to clarify, we are not currently supplying Moomba with product. I believe they have chosen to work with another supplier but I'm not sure who. You'll have to check with the factory.

Thanks you guys again for all your support. If there is ever anything I can do personally to assist you in the future don't hesitate to drop me an email: [email protected]

Al the best,

Jason Gardner
VP Advertising
SeaDek, Inc.
485 Gus Hipp Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955