PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Tie Down Cleats

gonracn
03-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I am looking to purchase 4 Moomba etched cleats for my XLV. I thought that I had them on order through SC, but was just informed that they are no longer available. I have checked with area dealers, but no luck.

Before I go searching, I wanted to touch base with the forum to see if anyone had any or could send me to a dealer that may.

jmvotto
03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
what are they using on the new 2011's?

tnbrooks01
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I just tried to get them also to install on my 2010 and was told the same. I was told the new ones are not etched.

moombadaze
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I was told the new ones are not etched.

Thats a bummer as the etched ones added a little flare

ian ashton
03-10-2011, 02:18 PM
I noticed this at the boat show - some '11s had etched, some didn't, the dealer(s) had no idea why! I'd assume that the '11s with etched just got leftover stock from 2010. I also like the etched cleats much more, they look a lot fancier, the smooth ones look cheap.

rdlangston13
03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
if you get the pop up ones they are etched. a little pricey tho

ian ashton
03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
All cleats on Moombas are pop-up, and some aren't etched.

rdlangston13
03-10-2011, 09:43 PM
my boat did not have cleats on it at all when i bought it so when i called the dealer to get some they quoted me at like 400 bucks for the pop ups. needless to say i have the cheapo 3D ones...

Razzman
03-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Well mine has the emblazoned units and personally I'd wished they were plain, not so much Moomba all over.

mmandley
03-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Im sure the reason SC stopped having the Moomba etched was to save more money. With the rising costs of everything and trying to keep the boats cheaper they skimp a littler here and a litter there and it adds up over the long haul of building.

Same issue of why i think they stopped adding carpet to the sections by the speakers. They went vynal and yea it looks clean but i think it looks cheap and cold.

Another thing they did away with in 2011 was the drivers panel. Now its just plan fiberglass. I didn't like this change eighter as i think it makes the divers area look unfinished and not as fancy.

This might have been done to sway some of the additional costs of intake fuel pumps and better ballast pumps. They are trying to give the customer more of what we ask for but you have to take something away to get more or pay more.

I have to say when we are ready to buy again < 5 or 6 years > if this trend continues with Moomba then i will have to upgrade to the Supra. I will stay with SC at least because im loyal and i love there service and products but my 08 has spoiled me with the fit and finish i was given. I cant go less i have to go more.

squeeg333
03-11-2011, 01:47 PM
I fully agree with what you've said Mike. I really don't like the new look they have around the speakers with the vinyl. I think it does look cheap, and perfect use of the word cold there. I really like the carpet in this area on my 08 as well, just makes things fit so much nicer.

Its kind of like a nice rug, it really ties the room together... I'm the dude man.

ian ashton
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I really like the vinyl around teh bow speakers, as opposed to carpet. I think it looks much nicer, and I'd imagine it stays a bit cleaner as well. I'm considering changing mine to vinyl infact, to match my sub box ;)

rdlangston13
03-11-2011, 05:01 PM
i totally agree, the vinyl around the speakers does look cheap. the issue is that even though they are doing these things to curb costs the boats are still getting more and more expensive...

mmandley
03-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Dave, you bet they are because its all about the bottom dollar. They arnt going to sell the boat for less just because its costing them less to make it.

I'd expect the reason is cost of labor and materials is on the rise each year like anything else would be.

I work for Intel and each quarter we as a company make more and more. Yet at the company all you hear is cost cutting cost cutting. Intel has made better profits threw this rescission then they ever did before it and its because they cut staffing back, changed to cheaper suppliers, cut labor back with no raises 1 year. Saying no more quarterly parties for the staff things like this all make the company save money.

Did the price of our microchips goes down to the public? Nope they went up LOL

rdlangston13
03-11-2011, 10:35 PM
mike the only thing i would argue there is the price of labor going up year to year. dont think the price of labor has gone up much at all in the last two years lol

mmandley
03-12-2011, 01:53 AM
mike the only thing i would argue there is the price of labor going up year to year. dont think the price of labor has gone up much at all in the last two years lol

I know are company paid insurance went up a lot even my cost went up so Thad the type of labor costs I was refering too.

Brianinpdx
03-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Mike would look damn good in that black and white boat that came in for upgrades today at our shop. D A M N nice!

muhahaha!

-Brian

mmandley
03-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Yea it was pretty sweet in deed never know maybe my next boat will be a Malibu like the one your refering to B lol

rdlangston13
03-12-2011, 09:10 PM
oh yeah, our company health insurance increased as well. funny how all these increases happen due to news of mr Os health care reform

newty
03-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Well mine has the emblazoned units and personally I'd wished they were plain, not so much Moomba all over.

Kinda what I was thinking... I'd trade if I knew the the quality of the cleat was the same.

I think 08 was the last of the best bang for the buck in the LSV, maybe its just an opinion but that was the last year of the good bolster seat, the first year of the better carpet, the better dash imo, still had the carpet around the speakers front and back. Although I like the look of the carpet it is a little impractical.

The only things that came later that I wish had are the impellar style pumps, the "carbon fiber" vinyl, and the floor hump delete under the dash.

newty
03-13-2011, 09:32 PM
I was told at one of the boatshows by a SC rep that the vinyl around the speakers costs quite a bit more due to the cost of the process involved. Interesting I thought, but most manufacturers are moving towards vinyl Sooo...

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Its kind of like a nice rug, it really ties the room together... I'm the dude man.

did i really read a big lebowski quote on the moomba forum??
well said squeeg