PDA

View Full Version : Possible mini jam in Central Alberta

Sea N' Things
03-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi Guys, just wanting a little help to possibly get a mini jam on the go up here in Alberta for late July/early Aug. Where do I start, what is involved. It would be great to get a bunch of Moomba owners together and socialize :)

moombadaze
03-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Where do I start, what is involved.

Normally its a matter of picking a location, picking a date and then putting the word out, simple really.

Sea N' Things
03-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Are dealers usually involved? Are there usually overnight camps and or group BBQ'ing?

moombadaze
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Are dealers usually involved? Are there usually overnight camps and or group BBQ'ing?

Dealers can be involved if they want-if they become involved it has been my experince they kinda take everything over as far as planning. They typically take care of providing lunch also. Ive been to both dealer events and just a bunch of owners getting together events and they both have advantages and disadvantages.

The mini jam we are doing in Florida in a couple months were camping at a state park for the weekend.

dru1974
03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Never been involved but would try. Maybe MMS would be able to help.

T100
03-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey, a mini jam would be an awesome idea for us westerners. The door is also always open to have a get together here in the sunny Okanagan, there are some nice camp grounds and places to rent on Okanagan lake and Shuswap Lake. Just a thought;)

Sea N' Things
03-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Never been involved but would try. Maybe MMS would be able to help.

I called Martin Motor Sports yesterday, never got intouch with Mar, the manager. I am thinking of trying to bring a mini jam together during their demo days here in Sylvan Lake.

If you maybe interested please sent me an email at [email protected] and i'll keep you informed on the progress...

Grant M
03-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Hey, a mini jam would be an awesome idea for us westerners. The door is also always open to have a get together here in the sunny Okanagan, there are some nice camp grounds and places to rent on Okanagan lake and Shuswap Lake. Just a thought;)

We'll be up in your neck of the woods the last two weeks of July :)
We have a place rented on the North West side of Kalamalka for the last week of July and down at Trout Creek for the other week :cool: :cool:
We still have about 4 feet of snow here and I am very tired of winter - can't wait for Moomba Time!

Sea N' Things
03-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Just trying to get dates figured out and waiting to hear back from MMS of the demo days, planning to run both activities together. I'll keep everyone posted on progress....

I'll be in the Vernon area for the first of June, later July and mid to late Aug. My in-laws live there which is good because it's still snowing here :(, I am so done with winter..

03-21-2011, 12:41 PM
See you at the Sylvan Lake Jam! I'd be happy to help out a bit too.

dru1974
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't mind helping out either if there is anything I could do.....like make this fresh foot of snow disappear ...damn