PDA

View Full Version : Help - on the water

TL7
03-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Wakeplate not working. Just replaced ignition harness at the dealer. Any fuse that could've been tripped? No noise or anything, it's just dead. Everything else seems to work fine.

Razzman
03-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Check the wiring connections at the tank under the engine hatch, looks like a almost clear plastic tank with motor inside, usually bolted to the back of the rear seat area. Also look around where the wires come into the transom area.

aaroncat
03-07-2011, 02:40 AM
I had a similar thing happen early last year while I was on the water. It started working after I reseated a couple of fuses under the dash. I can't recall what they were labeled but if I could figure it out based on the label I'm sure you can ;)

DOCDRS
03-08-2011, 02:21 AM
there is a circuit breaker under the dash for the wake plate. It may have tripped. Sometimes you will get a weak breaker and it will trip before it should. sometimes swapping them around will tell you if one is weak if it keeps tripping.

brain_rinse
03-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I had a loose wire terminal on the back of the switch. Just another thing to check...

lsvboombox
03-08-2011, 08:05 PM
there is a circuit breaker under the dash for the wake plate. It may have tripped. Sometimes you will get a weak breaker and it will trip before it should. sometimes swapping them around will tell you if one is weak if it keeps tripping.

+1 my radio was acting up so I swapped fuses and everything worked fine....