PDA

View Full Version : ohio indian michigan mini jam??

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-04-2011, 04:58 PM
any interest from guys in theses states or even outside a little farther getting together somewhere in the middle for a mini jam?

ian ashton
03-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I would love one! I started to put one together, but never really got off the ground.

DOCDRS
03-04-2011, 06:53 PM
1 hour from Port huron 2 from Detroit.......I can travel depending on how far/when?

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-04-2011, 07:03 PM
thats kinda why i thought about maybe throwing out ideas early i'm getting married on a cruise end of june and reception back home in july so in my own selfishness i'd like to see an aug jam but thats my opinion. i wanted to catch the big midwest jam but last year fell on our lake trip weekend and 11 hours one way is a long haul just for a day or two. i'd be willin to travel a decent amount 4 hours to michigan border and 3 to Indiana border from where i live

ian ashton
03-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I think determing a location is key.

It should be:
-public
-in close proximity to a highway (easier for out of towers)
-close to lodging

In Michigan the best I could find was Kensington Metro Park, off I-96 in Milford.

DOCDRS
03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
What actually constitutes a jam, mini jam........is it awesome hoodies?

deerfield
03-04-2011, 10:47 PM
What actually constitutes a jam, mini jam........?

grillin'
eatin'
raftin' up
meetin' new folks
fun behind boats
and
belly flop contest

skiyaker
03-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I'd be game for a mini jam or even a full sized jam. Hopefully it won't turn out to be a Micro Jam.

Lawdog
03-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Pokagon State Park in Indiana might be a good spot. I think it's near Ft. Wayne, IN and the IN/OH border. Anyway I think it is 3 lakes in one and has a state park with camping and pretty good sandbars and what not. I've been there 2 or 3 times. I dont go there much because I have good lakes and the river just down the street from me.

kaneboats
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Don't forget Yeungs and wings and lots of surfing.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Pokagon State Park in Indiana might be a good spot. I think it's near Ft. Wayne, IN and the IN/OH border. Anyway I think it is 3 lakes in one and has a state park with camping and pretty good sandbars and what not. I've been there 2 or 3 times. I dont go there much because I have good lakes and the river just down the street from me.

who all would be interested in this location? never been there but gonna try to do some searching on the state park.

skiyaker
03-05-2011, 05:54 PM
the location would be convenient and I've heard the state park there is nice, but I'm not sure about the boat ramp situation. Looking at the DNR website it says there's no launch at the park. There's a public launch on the north east side of big otter lake but I'm not sure about James- Lawdog do know anything about it?

DOCDRS
03-05-2011, 07:05 PM
looks like 4 hours away, I could do that. When?

ian ashton
03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm in! July is bad for me. August is best. Let's avoidthe Chicago date as well.

smokedog2
03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I need to get going but search Surf Ohio. I always thought it would be fun to team up with them someplace. Unfortunately, my current adult with kids status has me pretty much otherwise engaged at all times. I don't really have time for the friends I have but I think it would be a hoot!

Off to lacrosse, then back for taxes. At least my wife brought me coffee.

SD2

evoimport6
03-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I might be able to do a little travel. Only times I'm out for sure is July 20-24. Gonna be at lake Norris :-)

bashton
03-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm in, as long as it isn't July 30/Aug 1 or Aug 12-14.

Bashton

ian ashton
03-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm in, as long as it isn't July 30/Aug 1 or Aug 12-14.

Bashton

What's 7/30-8/1?

I presume midAugust is Mopar Nats, right?

Lawdog
03-07-2011, 01:34 AM
the location would be convenient and I've heard the state park there is nice, but I'm not sure about the boat ramp situation. Looking at the DNR website it says there's no launch at the park. There's a public launch on the north east side of big otter lake but I'm not sure about James- Lawdog do know anything about it?

Each time I have gone I have used a different ramp to get on the water. Never really had much of a problem. I dont even know my own way around that lake. If I lived closer I would go there alot more. A new Moomba dealership recently opened somewhere near there in Angola I think. Sorry I cant be of more help. It was the only lake that I could think of that was near a highway, good camping that was a good size lake and clean. I'll try to get some more info though.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-07-2011, 08:52 PM
only thing with trying to plan around moomba midwest jam is last 2 years it was pretty spur of the moment from what i remember so if we try to get something together early we gotta hope it don't interfere. aug would work the best for me as well maybe towards end of aug??