PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the width of trailer?

ian ashton
03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Like if you were going to measure at the widest point the width of the trailer, what would that number be?

Also, anyone know the total Length?

21' Outback, Single Axle with swing away tounge...

moombadaze
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
trailer only--no boat?

or trailer and boat?

sandm
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
sure I have basically the same setup. I have a 9ft wide door. I clear by 3 inches or so on each side. the widest part are the guide poles near the top. for a supra tho it also depends on how you drop the tower arms and where the boardracks are swiveled to. at one point, they can be out past 9ft total.

old garage was 22ft total. with swim platform removed, wakeplate was against the back wall, and with swingaway folded in, garage door had between 4-6" of clearance. it takes up a few inches less room if you lower the trailer all the way down.

ian ashton
03-02-2011, 01:30 PM
My objective is to find a heated storage place for a few months so I can work on some projects and not take up driveway or home garage space (boat is currently stored in my dad's garage ~30 miles away). So, trying to figure out the boat/trailer footprint so I can get an accurate estimate of the space I need to be able to work in/around it.

sandm
03-02-2011, 03:58 PM
would guess that it'll be 10ft wide with a 9ft door which will work. 10ft wide and swim platform off might go into a 20ft unit with some creative angling, but I'd personally spend a few extra coin for 25ft(or 23-24ft) to be safe. most of the places around here that are enclosed have such a narrow drive between units that you have to push the boat in by hand. that might squeeze into the shorter one, but I'd do 10x25 to be sure.

mmandley
03-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Just measured the boat in the garage and you really want 9FT wide and thats from my wall with the pylon on to the other side of the boat. 9ft is cutting it close and i would take the pylons off.

As for length i can tell you as my boat is longer then yours but id expect your boat to fit into a 21 ft garage. As mine fits in a 22.5 space but my garage is 23 ft deep.

7ft is the size of the door all Moombas are designed to fit in but of course 8ft makes it a lot easier on the nerves. I think you need 9 or 10ft with the tower up.

sandm
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
10ft with tower up. 9ft won't clear.

badasshybrid
03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Like if you were going to measure at the widest point the width of the trailer, what would that number be?

Also, anyone know the total Length?

21' Outback, Single Axle with swing away tounge...

I just measured mine. (99 outback) Widest point on the trailer was the guide poles and they were 8' 7" wide. I dont have a breakaway so from tounge to back of boat with platform off was 23'. From the ground to the top of the tower it is right at 9' tall.

My door is 10' wide and 9' tall and boat goes in and out fine, I have to make sure the door is all the way up or the tip of the tower will hit the lip of the door.

ian ashton
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the help guys, this is exactly what I needed!

schuylski
03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
FWIW, guide poles are easily removable and get you a few extra inches width through the door.

My issue when I was looking around was 8 ft wide doors... Lots of 10 by 25's with an 8 foot wide door.....