PDA

View Full Version : Factory Speakers

snyderaaron
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Does anybody know what brand of speakers that a 2011 Moomba LSV would have from factory? A dealer quoted me $700 to add the tower and then another amp. Is this any good?

KG's Supra24
03-01-2011, 12:22 AM
What are the details on what he is offering? 2 or 4 speakers? Separate cans or the roswell setup?

If you wired it up yourself, i have no doubt you could do better for the money. There are endless threads in the audio section of "how-to" and tons of guys around to help on install as well as help make decisions.

snyderaaron
03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I figured I could to it myself, but I'm not very technical. Also they are going to put in another amp and 2 speakers. They didn't really give me the details about them yet, just told me whatever Moomba uses.

KG's Supra24
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
For an amp and just 2 tower speakers, you can def do better if you do it yourself. Day and night better.

The worst part of your install will be the fact the tower likely does not have holes pre-drilled to run the speaker wire. I haven't done this part so can't speak for the difficulty level but it would scare me. Others have taken on this task, though.

Even if you decide to have the dealer due the install, see if they will work with you on the components of the system. Maybe even let you buy the speakers and amp and bring it to them.

11 Outback V
03-01-2011, 01:21 PM
when I got my 11 OBV back in October the holes were already drilled for the tower speakers, made things a little easier.

As long as you can follow directions Im sure there are plenty of people on here that will walk you thru the entire process.

Nothing to be scared of

snyderaaron
03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Will I have to get another battery to power that? I only have one now. Do you have any websites or suggestions on where to get good speakers and amp?

wolfeman131
03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
hop over to the "Audio & Electrical" section of the forum and you can see what people think of the different brands. A few popular ones that I've seen people speak highly of are Exile, Bulletlines & Kicker.

There are a TON of options and you can spend ridiculous amounts of coin. Just ask MMandley :)