PDA

View Full Version : Beede Gauges

Retirement Fund
02-12-2003, 08:50 PM
I have seen all the posts about the problems associated with Moomba's old gauges. Has anyone experienced any of the same problems with the Beede gauges?

Brian Raymond
02-13-2003, 12:03 AM
Beede gauges were one of the major improvements Supra/Moomba have implemented into thier product. In (2001late,2002) the Moomba line had some grounding wiring issues on the backside of the analog gauges. It is a fairly easy issue for the dealer to diagnose and repair (under warranty if applicable), to verify, set an appt. with your local dealer. The dealer technicians are trained to identify, and render this issue. The most common identity of this problem is in-op or fluctuating gauges. 98% of the so called faulty gauges are returned to SkiersChoice and sent to Beede for testing, are returned back to them because the gauge was fully functional. Please set an appt. w/your dealer to have it checked out , keep me posted of any other issues. Brian Raymond

Retirement Fund
02-13-2003, 12:25 AM
Hey Brian, thanks for the info, but I haven't gotten my boat yet. I was just trying to see if there were any pending issues with these new gauges. I am heading to Knoxville Water Sports this weekend to pick up my new Moomba Gravity Games boat.

I do have a tech question for you though. I have never owned a new boat before, but I would think that it would be necessary to put a couple hours on the engine before pulling people around the lake. Is this necessary or are the engines ready to go out of the box?

Also, since I am getting the boat now...should it still be winterizied since it will be a couple of months before it's warm enough to get it out on the lake? If not what do I need to do to it to make sure it's protected? Thanks!

Brian Raymond
02-13-2003, 12:56 AM
Congrats on your new purchase, I know you will be very happy and impressed with with the rad styling and handling boat. Rusty Biddle is an outstanding person and will always bend over backwards for his customers, he is very concerned with peoples issues and has a hard working staff to support him, he has served on the factories Dealer Advisory Board, and has been with Supra forever. He bailed me out of jail 12 times since November (just kidding). Your boat comes from the factory fully winterized with fuel stabilization added, to the dealer, and may be delivered to you that way, verify with Rusty that it is still winterized. When the weather picks up, take your boat to the dealership to be made water ready, and go for a ride with him to get cofortable with the boat and trailer loading and unloading. I suggest at least 10 hrs. of break-in time. This consists of driving (not pulling under load) by cruising at different r.p.m.s, never staying at any r.p.m. for long periods of time. Take the boat in for a 10/20 hr. service to have the break in oil removed and the boat gone over by the dealers factory suggested checklist, and any issues repaired. Have an awesome boating season and have fun, keep me posted.Brian Raymond

02-13-2003, 01:35 PM
There is a specific break in regime outlined in the Indmar manual you will get w/ the boat. yeah you have to wait about 10 hrs b4 pulling someone and for a while you have to putt around the lake at like 2000 rpms. we got that out of the way b4 the seasone started but it was still cold on the water.