PDA

View Full Version : Docking Lights

babutle
02-25-2011, 11:26 PM
We are looking to add docking lights to our Moomba Ls. I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that sells after market docking lights that are affordable and easy to install.

EarmarkMarine
02-26-2011, 12:11 AM
babutle,
Try Aqua Signal, Attwood Marine and Innovative Lighting.
PM me for installation documentation.

David
Earmark Marine

kaneboats
02-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Don't get anything till you hear from Moombadaze. I think he found some that took a lot less drilling-- not sure if they are installed yet but check with him for the info.

babutle
02-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Alright thank you for the input. I will check those out. And will make sure to try and talk with moombadaze.

you da man
02-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I know you're asking about docking lights but if you're wanting to really see, a couple lights on the tower is better.

moombadaze
02-27-2011, 09:40 AM
The ones I have are still in the box-never had the time so far to install them. Anyway, they only require 5 small holes compared to the factory ones that take a 2 or 3 inch diamature hole. 1 hole is for the wire to pass thru and the other 4 holes are for the screws. Think they were attwood's

Razzman
02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok I'm just saying but when putting on docking lights what does it matter how big the hole is? Your not taking them back off anyway right? I say get what you like.

I had tower lights on my last boat, never again. Too much glare and not enough useable light.

KG's Supra24
02-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Said it before a hundred times, the best light on the water is no light.

The docking lights look cool but as someone said above, they have really never served me any purpose. That being said, i'd still like to find a brighter replacement bulb for mine if possible.

Razzman
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Said it before a hundred times, the best light on the water is no light.

The docking lights look cool but as someone said above, they have really never served me any purpose. That being said, i'd still like to find a brighter replacement bulb for mine if possible.

The only use i've ever found for them that's effective is at the end of the day and coming back in at night when we're camping. They make finding the yellow buoy so much easier to see and for the person grabbing it as well. Otherwise they help a bit loading if at night. Tower lights really glare to me.

kaneboats
02-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought the docking lights helped a little bit with the boat cruising at the right angle. Maybe some nice bright LED replacement bulbs would help. If anyone does this, please post up whatever you find.

babutle
02-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the output. We are mainly interested in docking lights so we can see coming into a dark dock area after a late set.