PDA

View Full Version : Size of Swim Platform for 07 Mobius LSV?

07 lsv
02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
My boat is in storage right now and I want to get a new Sea Deck pad on order for this spring. Does anyone have the measurements that I need to order for this? I called to see if they would just tell me, but they said that they can't do that because they have been wrong before. I would assume that all of the Mobius LSV's from '07 have the same size platform...

Razzman
02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
All you need to do is call them and order for your boat, they already have the dimensions and such. Check the online store and you'll see them.

Sea N' Things
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I called SeaDek last week and wanted one for my 2010 and they said every boat is different, YES every boat. They would not make me one based on measurements they had on file as they would not be liable for mistakes. If any one has a 2010 can they get me the measurements as mine is in storage and about 8 hrs from where i live.

07 lsv
02-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I had the same problem with them saying that they wont work off measurements that they have. They told me they are all different as well. Mine is about 1.5 hrs. away, but I have it in a farmer's hanger and he would have to meet me to get it. That is too much hassle to do right now. I was hoping to have the new pad before the season starts, but I might just have to wait until I pick up the boat in another month...or maybe I could call my dealer and they could get me the info.

07 lsv
03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I called SeaDek last week and wanted one for my 2010 and they said every boat is different, YES every boat. They would not make me one based on measurements they had on file as they would not be liable for mistakes. If any one has a 2010 can they get me the measurements as mine is in storage and about 8 hrs from where i live.

I called Skier's Choice and the rep. went out on the floor and said that the pad is 25 in. by a little over 68 in. for the new LSV's. This does not leave me with confidence that I will end up with the correct one. I am not sure mainly because he used the term about. If anyone has access to their '07 LSV, it would be really appreciated if they could take measurements like the ones in the attached pic and let me know what they get.

I also asked my dealer and they said that they would have to get out to the storage facility to measure it. If they back to me, I will post the measurements in case anyone else wants them.

jmvotto
03-08-2011, 09:29 PM
if you get the three piece you can adjust it.

Sea N' Things
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Thank you 07 lsv, i will try to get to my local dealer and get the measurements myself

kaneboats
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
When I called them last year I just gave them the year and that was it. Then again, I did get the 3 piece.

07 lsv
03-09-2011, 07:36 PM
It does not matter if you want a 1 piece or a 3 piece, there new policy is to not send out pads unless you provide the measurements. I guess they have had several pads that did not fit.

I keep hoping that someone gets their boat out soon and can check these measurements for me. I have not given up on my dealer yet either.

moombadaze
03-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I've got a 08 LSV sitting in the garage 10' away with the platform on it and a seadek pad on it.

The seadeck pad measures 69" across the width right up against the transom and tapers as it gets further away from the boat. The pad measures 23 1/4" in the middle.

Hope this helps and keep in mind yours might be different.

Love the Seadek pad

kaneboats
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
We should put up a sticky with the dimensions by year. Most of them should be very consistent. I'll bet there are very few that differ in the same year.

07 lsv
03-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I've got a 08 LSV sitting in the garage 10' away with the platform on it and a seadek pad on it.

The seadeck pad measures 69" across the width right up against the transom and tapers as it gets further away from the boat. The pad measures 23 1/4" in the middle.

Hope this helps and keep in mind yours might be different.

Love the Seadek pad

Moombadaze, I want to love a Seadek pad too, but they are making it difficult... My dealership was telling me that they don't change the platforms much, so they should be the same for several years and likely for several models too. I will just have to call SeaDek tomorrow to find out if they shrink or anything as your length measurement is between two sizes available for the one piece (68-5/8" and 69-3/16"). However, you seem to be spot on for the 69-1/16" by 25-7/16" (23-1/8" center measurement) for the three piece - Part# 11262.

Thanks!

07 lsv
03-09-2011, 11:28 PM
We should put up a sticky with the dimensions by year. Most of them should be very consistent. I'll bet there are very few that differ in the same year.

That would be very helpful for anyone that is getting frustrated with trying to get this info so they can order their new pad in the winter when their boat is in storage.

moombadaze
03-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I just find it really strange that there could be difference's in size's, I just can't see Skiers Choice making different size swim platforms for the same hull design that has been out since 2006

07 lsv
03-10-2011, 10:43 AM
I just find it really strange that there could be difference's in size's, I just can't see Skiers Choice making different size swim platforms for the same hull design that has been out since 2006

That doesn't make sense to me either...unless Skier's Choice has some variations in their molds. Or maybe someone at the factory grabbed the wrong mold to make a couple of the swim platforms (they all seem to be very similarly sized). Another problem could be that the few people that had the "wrong pads" just didn't know what they were doing and couldn't get them lined up right. They also might have tried to put a hot pad on a cold platform or vise versa. I am just speculating at this point, but there are a lot of things that could have happened...

jmvotto
03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
When did they change the policy. i ordered mine in 12/10 and just told them which of the preset pads to order

kaneboats
03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
I added a thread where we can all post measurements by year and model. Eventually I'll replace it with a chart. It's in the How To and can be found here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=128213#post128213

Sea N' Things
03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I added a thread where we can all post measurements by year and model. Eventually I'll replace it with a chart. It's in the How To and can be found here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=128213#post128213

Hey kaneboats can you post your measurements and see if they are close to moombadaze, you both have 08 LSV's

I asked the dealer to take a measurement for me and this is the feedback I received....
Re: measurements of the swim platform.

The only way to get accurate measurements would be to have two people, a 6 ft straightedge, and the platform removed from the boat.

The curve of the front edge of the platform makes it impossible to get a straight line from edge to edge – the back edge of the boat forces the tape into a curve.

Also, there is about a ¼” roll to the outside edge of the platform.

Definitely a two-man job The only fairly accurate measurement is at the center point of the platform. That is approximately 23 ¾”.

Best estimate of the full width of the platform is 69 ½”

kaneboats
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Ok, done, with photo modded with measurements in Paint. Uggh.

07 lsv
03-10-2011, 02:57 PM
When did they change the policy. i ordered mine in 12/10 and just told them which of the preset pads to order

If you tell them the ones that you want, you are also picking the size that that pad is. The problem occurs when your boat is in storage and you don't know which size you need. They had a lot of people last year that ended up with the wrong size pads by selecting a style and assuming that the pad size was correct. Since, SeaDek won't let you return your order because it does not fit (unless they screwed up from the template), they had a lot of unhappy people last year.

They are telling me that they recommend that you order a template kit to help ensure that you get the correct fit. They will not guarantee fit if you do not order the template kit. In order to skip the template step (this step can't be done while your boat is in storage either), we are trying to compile a list of what pad sizes fit what year and model boats. Once this is complete, then people should (in theroy) look at the list and figure out what pad size they need based on this list.

kaneboats
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
The theory is that if everybody that measures their '08 LSV comes up with the same size -- yours will be the same. But, if it's a 2004 OBV and there are 3 different measurements-- you may have to wait and get actual measurements off your own platform. The data should tell us which years and models to watch out for.

07 lsv
03-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Something else that I thought of is that the problem might not even be with the Moomba's where they are having the problems. It might have been other brands causing the issue...

07 lsv
03-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Something seems a tad odd to me...

I've had 4 SeaDek pads now, and I have yet to provide them with any measurements.

I've never gotten a pad that was the wrong size.

Who are you guys communicating with at Seadek?

I also highly doubt that Skiers Choice would have different size swim platform molds for the same model boat.

Could be wrong, but in this age of lean manufacturing, I can't see it (unless the platforms are outsourced to some company in China or India).

I called their 800 number (a few times now) and I always seem to get this same lady. She wont tell me which pad I need based off of the year, make, and model of my boat. She tells me that I have to measure my platform and then we can pick the one that I need based on that.

wolfeman131
03-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Contact Chuck Yates [email protected]

I was thinking the same. I know he's doing different things for them now, but this has been such a great vendor for the Moomba forum that I'd hate to see it turn sour. From their perspective, I hope they realize that our members probably helped them land the SC contract.

Sea N' Things
03-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Any new info on a group buy?